Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem signing in on new console

Options
  • 06-12-2017 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hi guys, thought someone would maybe have the answer for me. Save me from throwing the fecking thing out the window.

I bought an xbox one x to replace my one s and wiped the xbox one s as I'm hoping to sell it. That all went fine so I set up the one x and did the update etc..

So I tried to log in with my hotmail account (which works fine elsewhere) and all of a sudden the password is coming up as incorrect. I remember something similar happening before so I created one of those app password thingies to try and still no joy.

Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong? I know it's going to be obvious but right now I just want to bang my head off the stupid yoke!

Cheers guys

Comments

Have you 2 step authentication? If I recall I had to approve the sign in on the Authenticator app on my phone.

The app password thing is only for Xbox 360 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Jayprey

Have you 2 step authentication? If I recall I had to approve the sign in on the Authenticator app on my phone.

The app password thing is only for Xbox 360 I think.

Thanks Enfilade,
    That was it, must have uninstalled the authenticator app for whatever reason. Up and running now. Thanks for your help. Meltdown averted!

Had the same happen after I switched phone. Good to know it works though and that any old cowboy can't access my account.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Had the same happen after I switched phone. Good to know it works though and that any old cowboy can't access my account.

I've got 2FA set up on every account that supports it, and I always recommend it to people, but man, is it a pain if something happens to your phone.

My phone broke, got a new one, then I had to reflash it a few months later, I almost lost my rag setting them all up again and again.

Advertisement