Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options
  • 07-12-2017 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,125 ✭✭✭

As the title says (safari can't open the page) .... everything else works fine using Safari for me. I tried everything I'm supposed to do like resetting safari, emptying cache, updating software, etc etc ??
    When I try to log in using chrome I usually end up with a page "now y'er talking to Glen Hansard" ?? :confused: I eventually log in at the second or third attempt. Anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Help Desk

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Thanks Elmer, one other user has reported a similar issue, I'll report to the team and see what they can do or suggest. Just to confirm - was this happening this morning?

• Subscribers Posts: 689 ✭✭✭FlipperThePriest

In the last few days, on numerous occasions, attempting to log in has brought me to the following unresponsive page:

https://s17.postimg.org/m4im2z7fz/boards.jpg

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Moving this over to Help Desk. We've had a few reports of this, so we're looking into it. Sorry about the inconvenience!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭leck

Same here - the Glen Hansard coup. I was able to get past it yesterday by clicking on opening a new tab and going to boards.ie again, but this morning it seemed impossible. I cleared my cache, tried another browser and still the same redirect at login. It finally worked.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,453 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Happening to me too. Started happening about midday yesterday.

About 90% of login attempts fail using FireFox but IE and Chrome seem OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,125 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Thanks Elmer, one other user has reported a similar issue, I'll report to the team and see what they can do or suggest. Just to confirm - was this happening this morning?
    Its been happening for about three days now - "safari can't open the page" and as I said earlier this is only happening with boards.ie.
    It took me three attempts to log in to post this, the first two attempts were a "now y'er talkin' to Glen Hansard" page.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭mada999

Hi folks,

I have to log into boards.ie twice (legacy site) on Chrome version 62.

On first login i get redirected to a Glen Hansard AMA page... i have to then go back and enter boards.ie in my browser and then log in again.. seems fine then...

a tad annoying.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Niamh, not sure if it's of any help, but a while back I had a similar problem when trying to read the latest post of a specific thread (See this). It kept redirecting me to this Glen Hansard thread, too.

Boards.ie Employee

Could I get a few results from the Diagnostics page from some of those impacted. Please remove the IP address line.

Just so the tech guys can see if there are any commonalities. Thanks!

• Advertisement
    Boards.ie Employee

mada999, I've merged your query into this thread and updated the title to try and keep all these posts together. Issue is being looked at at the moment. Sorry for the inconvenience!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Sorry Mark, I should have said I'm not affected by this at the moment, it's just that the Glen Hansard thing rang a bell with me and I thought that ^^^ might help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭mikeysmith

I'm getting a webpage not available error accessing boards from my android for a day or 2

Tried different browsers

Other sites working fine

Boards.ie Employee

New Home wrote: »
    Sorry Mark, I should have said I'm not affected by this at the moment, it's just that the Glen Hansard thing rang a bell with me and I thought that ^^^ might help.

No worries :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭mikeysmith

I'm getting the glen Hansard picture on my android box when I try logging in

I can login successfully if I click on quote or reply first

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

I get the same Glen Hansard screen too. It's happened the last few days and now I know why he was in my dream last night.

boards.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 689 ✭✭✭FlipperThePriest

Could I get a few results from the Diagnostics page from some of those impacted. Please remove the IP address line.

Just so the tech guys can see if there are any commonalities. Thanks!

Diagnostics Page
    Your System

Operating System: Windows 7

User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/62.0.3202.94 Safari/537.36

Your Browser

Javascript Enabled: Yes
    Cookies Enabled: Yes

Java Enabled: No
    Flash Version: Not installed
    Your Resolution

Screen: 1920 x 1080
    Current Browser: 1920 x 945
    Colour: 24 bit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

I'm getting this too. Total PITA.
    Don't know if related but I think it happened at some stage after I clicked on/browsed through twitter link in post #2025 here-

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057637468&page=135

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Glad to see I'm not the only one affected. This happened to me yesterday evening too (the error and the Glen Hansard message) , then later on I was able to log in correctly only for the dreaded oops Hansard error to return. This is the first time I've been able to log in the past 24 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭mada999

mada999, I've merged your query into this thread and updated the title to try and keep all these posts together. Issue is being looked at at the moment. Sorry for the inconvenience!

sound.... logged in with no issues there now

Boards.ie Employee

A fix was put in place this morning, so hopefully that's the last we'll see of Glen for a while. Please let me know if you run into any issues though.

I got it too yesterday. Was worried I had somehow been site banned and that's what the Prison forum was actually like; the only thing to access is an AMA with Glen Hansard.

Utter hell :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement