Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arnotts Issue

Options
  • 07-12-2017 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭

Have a major issue with Arnotts that is driving me INSANE.

Ordered a Microsoft Surface Pro 5 for the wife for Christmas on 26th October (6 weeks ago).

I was told they did not have it in stock but would so in 2 days. Paid a €500.00 deposit on same.

Twice a week for the past 6 weeks I have rang seeking updates. They keep telling me "it's coming/due for delivery" and 4 times I was told I would get a call back but never got one.

Eventually told the guy had left and they were only working through his old orders now (about 2 weeks ago) and was told there was a big delivery arriving on 1st December.

Called yesterday and alas it wasn't delivered.

I now am sick of waiting and frankly afraid I won't get it in time for Christmas. I rang them and told them that I wanted my deposit refunded as I want to go elsewhere.

It seems they can't or refuse to give me a refund as I paid the deposit with an All4One card and they cant issue the same as a refund.

Has anyone else had this issue or advice!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Joekers

They will only refund you back onto the original All4One or else an Arnotts gift card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

There shouldn't be an issue refunding your gift card. If I was you, I'd go to the store and harrass them until you get it back. Unacceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

A couple of years ago I ordered some furniture from Arnotts and paid for it on a One4all gift card (it was a work bonus). One chair and a couch came but the second chair didn't. I waited and rang and was told eventually that that I had it. The delivery driver had emigrated but apparently distinctly remembered dropping off two chairs....yes he did a couch and a chair but not three items! So I ended up going down to Arnotts. Sat in the display model. Was wearing my work lanyard which was from a large organisation and basically staged a sit in. After about an hour I got a refund plus the chair rushed from a depot plus 500 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭whippet

This is really strange .. as I happen to know that the main irish distributor of surface product has had more than adequate stock of the Pro 5 since the end of November .. the 1TB i7 / 512GB i7 models might be fairly limited but no issue with stock on the rest.

If I were you i'd be standing at the counter in Arnotts asking them to call their distributor / procurement infront of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Macers

Thanks - that's the plan for Monday.

Emailed Arnotts yesterday morning too to guidance and no response either.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Just to chime in, last year i bought an item of littlewoods on a one4all card, it was around 150ish euro. They had no stock and cancelled the order and refunded the money back to the one4all card.

my issue was i lost the card, had to ring one4all and pay like 8 euro for a replacement card, which wasnt too bad really considering i would have lost the whole lot due to stupidity.

So Arnotts saying they cant refund to a one4all card is BS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Call one4all and ask them if it's possible to refund and then you'll know for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Macers

Just to follow up - went down yesterday and explained the situation to a member of staff who directed by to what I presume was the customer service desk.

Confirmed they couldn't refund an All4One card but offered store credit. Said I didn't want that so they offered to refund it to my credit or debit card but would take 3 to 5 days to go through.

Walked into PC World in Jervis and bought the Surface Pro there and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

amtc wrote: »
    Was wearing my work lanyard which was from a large organisation

Oooooooo, scary!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

amtc wrote: »
    Was wearing my work lanyard which was from a large organisation

Oooooooo, scary!
    Sorry, didn't mean that to sound as stupid as it did! It's just the organisation was a fairly big buyer from Arnotts...and indeed a landlord of some parts. It honestly wasn't intentional but assisted resolution

• Advertisement
Advertisement