Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charged twice for one transaction

Options
  • 07-12-2017 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi,

Who can I talk to about what looks like a double charge on my account. I purchased something in Dundrum last Saturday for €175 and that charge is appearing twice in my online banking statement.

Thanks,
    Martina

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

Sorry to hijack your thread, but my debit card was charged twice in Tesco last Friday. Maybe there's a bug in the system?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi Martina and Phat Cat,

Thanks for your posts here.

Can you please check your transactions listing on 365 Online website? When logged in to there, you will see a breakdown of both Transactions Still in Progress and also Completed Transactions.

The duplicate transaction in these instances would usually appear in the Transactions Still in Progress and will adjust back to your account automatically within five working days. This can happen if a retailer cancels or voids a transaction  after we have authorised it or if the retailer asks you to enter your PIN in a second time. Please keep an eye on your account and if these do not adjust back, you will need to contact the shops directly to request a refund from them.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement