Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family Move to Melbourne

Options
  • 07-12-2017 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭

Hi, we are thinking of making a move from New Zealand to Melbourne. We have 4 kids, the oldest is 17 so probably will stay here to go to college. What kind of income would we need to have a relatively decent life in Melbourne? Half decent house, a few meals out, a day trip or two here and there. Nothing too fancy required. What is the minimum income people have found they needed to live there? It took us a while getting set up in NZ so I am sure it is not a cheap or easy move again but we are keen to give it a go.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭BlackEdelweiss

If it helps I would probably earn $120,000 per year. I'm not sure how much my wife would earn, maybe $50,000 but she may not be able to work full time or at all depending on the kids schools etc so I am budgeting on just me working to begin with. Any advice would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Gaia Mother Earth

Would love to hear from other families who moved to Melbourne too. We're thinking of making the move with our two U4.

Advertisement