Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Connection Problem - There was a network error" on mobile phone

Options
  • 07-12-2017 11:50am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi there,

This started yesterday, or maybe the day before. I turned the phone off and on again a few times, I cleared everything, but when I try to access Boards from my mobile I still get a pop up message that says "Connection Problem - There was a network error", and the page doesn't load. Every other website I've tried works perfectly, so I'm beginning to think it's not a mobile phone issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It would appear that whatever fix was applied to sort this out also worked for my network error, so, thanks! :)

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭ingalway

Not sure if this is related but I'm not able to see any posts at all on the mobile app. I'm logged in, I have the Boards.ie logo at the top and I get Trending Threads, Latest Posts, My Forums as the headings but no posts at all show up on any page, just the spinning refresh icon. Turned phone off/on but no change. I'm using Android 7.1.2. Any ideas what the issue might be?

Thanks

Boards.ie Employee

ingalway wrote: »
    Not sure if this is related but I'm not able to see any posts at all on the mobile app. I'm logged in, I have the Boards.ie logo at the top and I get Trending Threads, Latest Posts, My Forums as the headings but no posts at all show up on any page, just the spinning refresh icon. Turned phone off/on but no change. I'm using Android 7.1.2. Any ideas what the issue might be?

Thanks

There were some technical issues over the weekend, though should be resolved now. We'd recommend touch.boards.ie if you run into problems with the app. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Hi Mark,

This has come back with a vengeance this morning.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
    Boards.ie Employee

What browser and OS are you using? Haven't had any issues related to app yet which seemed to coincide with your connection issues over the weekend.

It's only happening on my android phone, I've no idea what browser it is (the app just says "internet", I only know it's not Internet Explorer - perhaps a version of Chrome, even though it doesn't have a Chrome icon).

Not sure what you did to the hamsters, but it's working again as of half an hour ago. :) (If it helps, it still wasn't working before that).

Boards.ie Employee

Hmmm, we didn't actually touch anything this morning.

Go figure.... gremlins?

• Advertisement
Advertisement