Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to start playing snooker

Options
  • 07-12-2017 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Have been watching for a few years now and am a massive fan of the sport, always loved playing pool with friends, really want to start playing snooker but wondering how best to go about it? I live in North Co.Dublin

Thanks a mil in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭melon_collie

Have been watching for a few years now and am a massive fan of the sport, always loved playing pool with friends, really want to start playing snooker but wondering how best to go about it? I live in North Co.Dublin

Thanks a mil in advance

Without question. . . Get a bit of coaching. If I were you I'd get in touch with PJ Nolan who is based in Carlow. He's s top snooker coach and one of the best in Europe. A two hour session with PJ (about 70 euro) will get you going on the basics of good cueing. And believe me if you can get that right it's half the battle. Another alternative is to contact the Terry Rodgers club in Fairview. They may have a resident coach there also. Alternatively there are clubs in Navan and Drogheda who may have resident coaches.

But just to highlight the importance of the coaching. . . I taught myself to play from a young age and was playing since about the age of 4. I was decent enough and thought I knew it all. My wife got me a voucher for Xmas of coaching with PJ . The difference it has made to my game is unreal.

Best of luck with it. It's a fantastic game. Pool is nothing compared to it.

Advertisement