Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antenatal One Day Classes

Options
  • 07-12-2017 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Hi,
    I am attending a private consultant in the Rotunda and need to book Anetnatal Classes.
    We would find it difficult to attend the weekly classes on offer with work commitments.
    What are my options?
    Book a one day class?
    I can't see where it is offered in the Rotunda so do I need to find a class outside of the hospital?

I tried searching for this topic but got a bit lost - so apologies if I have missed this being answered somewhere else.

One last question - when should I book?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,342 ✭✭✭mojesius

We went with anyone day class, Saturday from 845 - 4pm due to the same reasons. Found it very useful but the only thing you won't cover is obviously the trip around the delivery ward etc. However, I rang my hospital and they said we can tag along for the tour so we know what to expect.

I can pm you the class details if you like, was pricey enough but we can claim it back via health insurance and it would have been a lot more hassle going in for the weekly class for us.

They covered everything from nutrition, labour, taking care of baby, feeding options, things to get, breathing techniques and exercises, post natal care for yourself, and it really involved the daddies! Ran by two seasoned midwives.

We attended when I was 31 weeks, everyone in the class seemed to be late 2nd or 3rd trimester.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭cookiecakes

Our consultant's secretary gave us the number to book the private classes. I'd say even if you just ring the private clinic, they should be able to give it to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I am almost sure there is a midwife in private clinic who does them. She has an Italian sounding surname. I used to see her on the corridor a fair bit. Don’t know where the classes are.

My memory is dreadful but I think I was given a leaflet. In the waiting room they may have flyer up. I used to go to waiting room 1.

I ended up in a and e on a Saturday and I could of sworn there were people there for ante natal classes?

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Hazel Cazzini is her name, I did the antenatal class with her (one day on a Saturday) when I was expecting my first, and she's very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Toots wrote: »
    Hazel Cazzini is her name, I did the antenatal class with her (one day on a Saturday) when I was expecting my first, and she's very good.

Oh lol I knew it sounded Italian!!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I think there's a couple of midwives in there who do private antenatal classes, I've seen a couple of business cards in reception :)

Advertisement