Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel for New Years Eve

Options
  • 07-12-2017 1:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, I'm planning on heading to Kilkenny for New Years Eve with my partner, parents and brothers and just wondering if you have any recommendations. I stayed in Mount Juliet before but I think that such an overly fancy place would be wasted on my folks, to be honest. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Noddy33

Hi guys, I'm planning on heading to Kilkenny for New Years Eve with my partner, parents and brothers and just wondering if you have any recommendations. I stayed in Mount Juliet before but I think that such an overly fancy place would be wasted on my folks, to be honest. Thanks in advance.
    Hi,
    If still planning on going to Kilkenny for New Year I wouldnt leave it on the long finger as all hotels will be booked up come closer the data also be charging premium prices.

As regards choices of hotel............if your looking for great location then look no further than the Pembroke Hotel or the Ormonde hotel which are in prime city centre location. The Ormonde has a leisure Center and Spa attached. Both have very good food and drink options.
    Other options on the outskirt of the town are Newpark hotel and Hotel Kilkenny. Both these have great Leisure Centre facilities along with very attached restaurants which includes carvery options for lunch. Location wise these are both based within a possible walking distance from City Center but also only approx €7 taxi fair. Newpark has a small animal farm on its ground along with a playground so might be a better option for kids.
    Finally then there is the option of 5star Lyrath hotel which is about 2km outside the town. You mentioned previously Mount Juliet would be wasted on your folks........so probably similar assessment here!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭CBRLizzie

Hi,
    I just wondered how you got on in Kilkenny. Its my 50th next New Years Eve, was hoping to head away somewhere with a gang of friends for a hotel deal, any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Advertisement