Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iXBRL Tagging

• 07-12-2017 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭

Hi All, 
    I am undertaking the task of iXBRL tagging statutory accounts for the first time and am struggling greatly with the software. 
    Would anyone here have any experience with Arkk solutions and be able to point me in the direction of an instructional video or document online that would help me understand what I'm doing?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭dbran

Hi there

Why are you doing this and not your accountant. Is it a UK or Irish set of accounts?

Dbran

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭IrishAlice

I am an accountant and have to do them as part of a new role I've taken on. Unfortunately I've received little to no training and playing around with the software is getting me nowhere. 

It's an Irish set of accounts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭dbran

Hang on.

Ixbrl accounts are only required for very large companys in Ireland. Unless you are a large company there is no need to provide them. If you are a large company the company's external accountants should have sufficient software to provide this service.

Doing it manually is a pain in the ass and is going to be very technical, extremely time consuming not to mention dangerous.

dbran

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭IrishAlice

Ok, I didn't come on here looking for a lecture.  I was just looking for someone to point me in the direction of some instructional videos online. 
    Thanks anyway.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

IrishAlice wrote: »
    Ok, I didn't come on here looking for a lecture.  I was just looking for someone to point me in the direction of some instructional videos online. 
    Thanks anyway.

I didn't see anyone giving you a lecture, in fact I've only seen you getting some very good advice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

IrishAlice wrote: »
    Thanks anyway.

I've done ixbrl tagging three times. The first two times were as a senior in a small firm of external accountants. We had three clients that were medium companies and needed ixbrl tagging. We did the tagging through sage and figured it out ourselves as we did it. It took about six hours each simply because we didn't have a clue what to do and had no training.

The third time was as a senior in a large firm of external accountants. We did it through case view and there was training. It took about an hour and a half. I did it once after the training and after that handed it off to juniors.

I've never used arrk solutions but I strongly reccomend not doing it without some form of training.

Advertisement