Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booking.com - Hostel charging despite cancelling (free cancellation)

Options
  • 07-12-2017 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭

I booked a hostel with free cancellation for a few days over new years but 2 days later found somewhere better (and more central). Oh and also noticed that they lock the doors at 10pm and charge £275 if you get back after 10pm on new years eve!!

Cancelled the booking and the hostel e-mailed to say that as I did not cancel within their 30 day policy I will be charged in full.

When I told them I had free cancellation through booking.com (and e-mails where it clearly states I don't pay a cent until X date) they said we have never had free cancellation for our hostel.

Anyone know what I should do? Checked my account and doesn't look like I have been charged yet ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

kingtut wrote: »
    I booked a hostel with free cancellation for a few days over new years but 2 days later found somewhere better (and more central). Cancelled the booking and the hostel e-mailed to say that as I did not cancel within their 30 day policy I will be charged in full.

When I told them I had free cancellation through booking.com (and e-mails where it clearly states I don't pay a cent until X date) they said we have never had free cancellation for our hostel.

Anyone know what I should do? Checked my account and doesn't look like I have been charged yet ...

Contact booking.com

• Registered Users Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

Contact booking.com

I did and will probably have to wait a few days to hear back (unless I find a number for them).

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

kingtut wrote: »
    I did and will probably have to wait a few days to hear back (unless I find a number for them).

Don't be stressing as if everything was done as per terms given to you its fine booking.com will fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

Don't be stressing as if everything was done as per terms given to you its fine booking.com will fix it.

I rang them and the guy on the phone was lovely. Apparently the hostel rang to complain and booking.com pointed out that their policies do not align with the booking.com site (not sure what the story is there).

He said they already processed the payment but I'll be refunded within 7 to 12 business days so fingers crossed.

Also said they have had issues with this particular hostel before.

Advertisement