Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

traffic on forge hill after 5?

Options
  • 07-12-2017 3:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭

Need to get to airport for 6. Traveling from Togher via forge hill, coming out across from bull mcabes. Is traffic really bad that time? I might cycle if it's as quick

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

seefin wrote: »
    Need to get to airport for 6. Traveling from Togher via forge hill, coming out across from bull mcabes. Is traffic really bad that time? I might cycle if it's as quick

Traffic along there will be a nightmare, the other alternative is to head up Matthew Hill along the back of the airport until you get to the crossroads and swing left. If you are cycling though I can’t see why you would get caught in traffic going up forge hill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

Traffic along there will be a nightmare, the other alternative is to head up Matthew Hill along the back of the airport until you get to the crossroads and swing left. If you are cycling though I can’t see why you would get caught in traffic going up forge hill.

Is there a footpath on forge hill if I cycle? May go via kinsale road roundabout and cross it walking the bike as a pedestrian before cycling on out to airport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

seefin wrote: »
    Is there a footpath on forge hill if I cycle? May go via kinsale road roundabout and cross it walking the bike as a pedestrian before cycling on out to airport.

There’s only a footpath in bits and pieces of it and not continually the whole way.

Yeah that’s a good option to cross over and cycle on.

There’s a cycle Lane going to the airport on one side of the road from what I remember, but I’m unsure about the other side.

I haven’t cycled in years myself but remember seeing the red paint for the lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

You definitely don't want to be rushing for a flight up Forge Hill at 17.00 - it will be an absolute nightmare! Definitely go around the back of the airport and double back up about a mile of the Kinsale Road. Never any hold-ups on that road

Advertisement