Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile data not working

Options
  • 07-12-2017 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭

Hey, I've been given the use of a new handset HTC M8 that's unlocked from the vodafone network. I notice that the mobile data is not working despite the settings being the same on my old phone (I also used a HTC M8 from Eir). (I basically switched to a different handset of the same model that's not as beat up and faster...)

Are there any troubleshooting steps I can try to get this working? 

Settings: Data roaming is set to on

Network mode: Auto

Network operators: Meteor and set to select automatically. 

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Hey, I've been given the use of a new handset HTC M8 that's unlocked from the vodafone network. I notice that the mobile data is not working despite the settings being the same on my old phone (I also used a HTC M8 from Eir). (I basically switched to a different handset of the same model that's not as beat up and faster...)

Cheers
    Hi hungoverbunny,

Sorry to hear this. Can you do a location update on your phone by putting it in flight mode for 10 minutes then restarting it, please?

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

eir: Adam wrote: »

Cheers
    Hi hungoverbunny,

Sorry to hear this. Can you do a location update on your phone by putting it in flight mode for 10 minutes then restarting it, please?

- Adam
    Hi Thanks for the reply, 

I've tried this multiple times checked and rechecked the settings but still no resolution. 

It also appears I cannot receive MMS messages. 

Is there any other steps I could try? 

Cheers.

edit: I seem to have resolved it by using https://www.eir.ie/support/smartphonehelp/?page=device/htc/one-m8/topic/internet/set-up-mobile-internet-apn-settings/27

however with the step: Under MCC, enter 353.

If you change the default value to 353 from 272 the settings will not save. If you leave it as is...it works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

eir: Adam wrote: »

Cheers
    Hi hungoverbunny,

- Adam
    Hi Thanks for the reply, 

I've tried this multiple times checked and rechecked the settings but still no resolution. 

It also appears I cannot receive MMS messages. 

Is there any other steps I could try? 

Cheers.

edit: I seem to have resolved it by using https://www.eir.ie/support/smartphonehelp/?page=device/htc/one-m8/topic/internet/set-up-mobile-internet-apn-settings/27

however with the step: Under MCC, enter 353.

If you change the default value to 353 from 272 the settings will not save. If you leave it as is...it works.
    Glad to hear you got this sorted :)

Feel free to get back in touch with any future queries.

- Adam

Advertisement