Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Thread..The Final Chapter of 17? (MOD WARNINGS IN OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,924 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Julez wrote: »
    I'd image in their case they're in different hotels travelling all the time. Jose is in the one space, and as someone else mentioned it's essentially an apartment.

A luxury apartment with good food, room & consoerge service. What's not to like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I'd image in their case they're in different hotels travelling all the time. Jose is in the one space, and as someone else mentioned it's essentially an apartment.

Not that I care what he does, but it is a little strange that he doesn't just rent an apartment then. I understand why he might not want to buy but I would imagine its trivially easy to arrange the rental of some fancy apartment somewhere.

Maybe he wants the room service and facilities but again, I am sure there are serviced apartments out there with similar features.

I suspect he is living in more comfort than I am either way, so I won't lose much sleep over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭rightyabe

Jesus this hotel room talk is cringe worthy..it’s probably a fancy appartment with 24 hour service and security. The club are probably paying for it as well!! It’s manchester ffs!! Not gonnna be any fancy appartments with worldie views that most other major European cities could offer.

Going on like Jose investing in property would be great for him bla bla bla..Jesus wept!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,381 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

rightyabe wrote: »
    Jesus this hotel room talk is cringe worthy..it’s probably a fancy appartment with 24 hour service and security. The club are probably paying for it as well!! It’s manchester ffs!! Not gonnna be any fancy appartments with worldie views that most other major European cities could offer.

Going on like Jose investing in property would be great for him bla bla bla..Jesus wept!!

I think Phil Neville owned a fecking amazing apartment in Manchester - think another player may have bought it off him.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Delboy5

After his press conference there i think the lowry can expect Jose to stay a while longer....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,197 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Derby going down, Fellaini da man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Just waiting for someone to come in and say now that Jose is looking for more salary off the club demanding a new contract and putting Ed under pressure to give it to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

For those who missed it.
    His commitment has also been questioned as he continues to live in a hotel rather than move into his own house.

"I say garbage. I don't find a better word than to define the talk," Mourinho said.

"The worst thing someone can do is put one inch of doubt into my professionalism, to every detail related to my job, so yes the garbage news affected me just on this aspect because it's something I don't admit.

"I repeat I am in the middle of my contract, if I am going to sign a new one it depends on the club but my commitment is total and I want to stay."

Mourinho, whose current deal does not expire until 2019, is in the second year of a three-year contract.

It is understood detailed conversations have taken place between United executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward and Mourinho's advisers over extending his stay at Old Trafford.

"I see myself here," added Mourinho. "It is just a question of the club, the board the owners, Mr Woodward, they are all happy with my contribution and they want me to stay beyond the end of this contract."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42567438

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 375 ✭✭Tylerdurex

Not that I care what he does, but it is a little strange that he doesn't just rent an apartment then. I understand why he might not want to buy but I would imagine its trivially easy to arrange the rental of some fancy apartment somewhere.

Maybe he wants the room service and facilities but again, I am sure there are serviced apartments out there with similar features.

I suspect he is living in more comfort than I am either way, so I won't lose much sleep over it.

I don't get what your trying to say . If he's living in a situation that's very comfortable to him then why trade it for something similar just because it's called an apartment. It's more or less the same thing or worse . The problem I think is that people mentally can't get around that living in a hotel for him isn't like living in a hotel would be for us . A suite is an apartment . When we think hotel we think a bedroom

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    Just waiting for someone to come in and say now that Jose is looking for more salary off the club demanding a new contract and putting Ed under pressure to give it to him.

Woodward couldn't even secure José with a 4-bedroom, luxury home with a terrace, at below market value.

#WoodwardOUT

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/948909401750065155

Simon Stone
    @sistoney67
    Jose also addressed question of him being "unhappy". "Because I don't behave as a clown on the touchline? It means I lost my passion? I prefer to do the way I do it, much more mature, better for my team and myself, you don't have to behave like a crazy guy on the touchline."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

I'd say it's also the security in the hotel as well and no less media / people hassling him inside the hotel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

He who shall remain nameless going with Courtois to Madrid in the summer which would obviously be great news re: Dave

https://twitter.com/GuillemBalague/status/948926736498085889

• DM_7 wrote: »
    Simon Stone
    @sistoney67
    Jose also addressed question of him being "unhappy". "Because I don't behave as a clown on the touchline? It means I lost my passion? I prefer to do the way I do it, much more mature, better for my team and myself, you don't have to behave like a crazy guy on the touchline."

oh-its-a-deep-burn-oh-its-so-deep.jpg

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

He's basically living like Alan Partridge.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-14664-1364895954-5.gif

I think Jose follows this thread he lines up his answers to the concerns expressed in here by the looks of things :)

He's basically living like Alan Partridge.
    Any excuse to post this gem :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

He who shall remain nameless going with Courtois to Madrid in the summer which would obviously be great news re: Dave

Didn't Real just tie up a deal for Kepa?

yabadabado wrote: »
    Didn't Real just tie up a deal for Kepa?

Nope.

Talk they have agreed his contract and will pay his buyout, but they have not officially signed him.

• Advertisement

Bit weird he came out with that today after the Courtois interview saying he is close to agreeing a deal with Chelsea on a new contract

Edit: this bloke is pretty spot on with the Belgians
    https://twitter.com/HLNinEngeland/status/948874511985905664?s=17

astradave wrote: »
    Bit weird he came out with that today after the Courtois interview saying he is close to agreeing a deal with Chelsea on a new contract

eh? What he came out with is in direct response to those quotes.

I'm not saying he isn't talking crap, I don't know either way, but its not weird he said it after the quotes, they are why he said it so the timing is all it could have been.

GB is directly replying to those tweets when he posted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Rather than buying Danny Rose for 50m, we should buy the guy Spurs will replace him with.  Ryan Sessegnon

Tom.D.BJJ wrote: »
    Rather than buying Danny Rose for 50m, we should buy the guy Spurs will replace him with.  Ryan Sessegnon

talk is we want both - don't feel Sessegnon is ready yet and decent chance he ends up playing as a midfielder/winger in the future too.

eh? What he came out with is in direct response to those quotes.

I'm not saying he isn't talking crap, I don't know either way, but its not weird he said it after the quotes, they are why he said it so the timing is all it could have been.

GB is directly replying to those tweets when he posted.

Yeah apologies, didn’t take it in properly.. totally misread it!

Tom.D.BJJ wrote: »

Luckhurst has an article out today saying that Luke Shaw has changed United plan for a new LB

https://twitter.com/samuelluckhurst/status/948871881880465408?s=17

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

jayo26 wrote: »
    It's worse with Jose and United far worse Pep didn't get called out whatsoever and last night conte complains about always been at a club suffering austerity but yet all we see in papers is a 2 year old picture of jose sitting in his office looking lonely and a full article wrote up about it.

I believe my second paragraph explained why I think that is :)

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Even by today's standards 50 million for Rose is outrageous. His decision making is poor and crossing is inconsistent at best.

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Even by today's standards 50 million for Rose is outrageous. His decision making is poor and crossing is inconsistent at best.

Yep.

He's a winger turned defender and looks like it in his defending.

I don't think he's great, and think Shaw could be better but an attacking left back that mourinho trusts would be nice.

• Advertisement

Yep.

He's a winger turned defender and looks like it in his defending.

I don't think he's great, and think Shaw could be better but an attacking left back that mourinho trusts would be nice.

And to top it off he seems delusional about his own ability and attitude is questionable with some of his media antics this year.

Fergie never touched that type of character with a barge pole. And they were quick out on their arse if they went out to potentially damage team moral by speaking negatively to the press or in a book.

astradave wrote: »
    Luckhurst has an article out today saying that Luke Shaw has changed United plan for a new LB

https://twitter.com/samuelluckhurst/status/948871881880465408?s=17

Would really like to see Shaw get to play the majority of games between now and seasons end. If he is good enough and Jose trusts him then LB could be sorted out for foreseeable future.

Probably asking way too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,853 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Lads, Rose is the best Left back/full back in the league when fully fit (attacking and defending). You're in dreamland if you think Shaw is near his level.

callaway92 wrote: »
    Lads, Rose is the best Left back/full back in the league when fully fit (attacking and defending). You're in dreamland if you think Shaw is near his level.

No one stated that Shaw is near his level, they stated that he COULD be better

Can you spot where anyone said Shaw was better then rise?

And going back a few years ago Shaw was ahead of rose in the England team before he got his injuries so you could argue a fully fit luke Shaw has the potential to be better then rose..

And before you go twisting my post make sure you have a good read of what I just said.

He's not the best in the league. Bernard Mendy is much better player in every aspect, as is Marcos Alonso.

• Advertisement

Rekop dog wrote: »
    He's not the best in the league. Bernard Mendy is much better player in every aspect, as is Marcos Alonso.

I agree on Alonso I think attacking wise he is way ahead of every left back in league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,853 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

My god ye are some women.

I wasn’t targeting one specific post - I was just saying Rose is so much better than Shaw

You're in dreamland if you think Shaw is near his level.

Why add this onto your post so? Look fair enough if you weren’t but it came across a bit condescending..

I’d also advise you to edit your post and delete your first line as I wouldn’t want you to pick a warning/yellow up for something so stupid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

https://twitter.com/utdreport/status/948977095035809792

Basic stats on this season vs. last to this point

• Advertisement

• Jesse wins player of the month?

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Jesse wins player of the month?

Yeah won it with 85% of the votes or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Shaw > Rose in my opinion

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Shaw > Rose in my opinion

I worked agree on terms of the potential I saw at Southampton and in flashes at United, but until Shaw plays to his best, Rose is better.

Shaw needs to make the step up asap or he won't be at United much longer. He showed huge potential at Southampton but that's nearly 4 years ago now.
    He needs to have a huge injury free second half of the season.
    16 league appearances is the most he has made in a season for United hopefully that is beaten this season.

Shaw is 5 years younger he is still well capable of reaching the same level or even higher than Rose has done again if he is able to play several games this season without injury the potential he has shown in the past few games is similar to what brought him to the attention of Man Utd while Rose would be a great addition to the team I'd rather give Shaw the chance to grow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

The Daily Record are after tweeting an article from Jose’s mouthpiece Duncan Castles about United being in for Celtics Kieran Tierney.

https://twitter.com/record_sport/status/949010880972369920

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,178 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Shaw is 5 years younger he is still well capable of reaching the same level or even higher than Rose has done again if he is able to play several games this season without injury the potential he has shown in the past few games is similar to what brought him to the attention of Man Utd while Rose would be a great addition to the team I'd rather give Shaw the chance to grow.

Rose hasnt done much this year either so £50m pfft. Daft transfer if we do it.

Give Shaw until the end of the season as I doubt any LB bought this month is going to have a huge impact. More pressing matter is getting a CM and RW imo.

No fee to Leeds unlike some other transfers in the last few years held up by add on fees, £50m is mad but if he helped the midfield/defence area for us its good money spent in the long run. He had his knee issues too though so it's a risk involved paying so much.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement