Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Thread..The Final Chapter of 17? (MOD WARNINGS IN OP)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

DM_7 wrote: »
    Oh Jose

Nice

https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/949402542311723008

Simon Stone
    @sistoney67
    1/2. Jose on Conte dementia comment: "I don't blame him. Press should apologise to me + him. Question completely wrong + because of that, out of control reaction. I was speaking about myself. You said Mourinho said you behaved as a clown. I was speaking about myself.

Not so nice

https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/949402930788098050

Simon Stone
    @sistoney67
    2/2 Jose on Conte: "I don't need Chelsea manager to say I made mistakes in past and will in future. What I will say is I will never be banned for match fixing."

Ah jose ffs!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

"What I will say is I will never be banned for match fixing."

67c.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Jesus that's gonna be a spicy meatball

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

bangkok wrote: »
    Ah jose ffs!!!

:confused:

He was banned for match fixing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

2/2 Jose on Conte: "I don't need Chelsea manager to say I made mistakes in past and will in future. What I will say is I will never be banned for match fixing."

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

SHOTS FIRED BY JOSÉ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Ah jose ffs!!!

He only said he won't be banned for match fixing sure what's the problem in that....... :)

Ok to call someone dementia and senial? Guess so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

jaykay74 wrote: »

Conte was acquitted for match fixing in 2016.

But this was after he had served a ban.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Conte started it by falling into the trap the journalists set, and tried to make it personal.

Jose pretty much murdered him though. There's no real come back for Conte there. It was a mic drop on Jose's part.

I don't need Chelsea manager to say I made mistakes in past and will in future. What I will say is I will never be banned for match fixing.

9oXLy7a.png

• Advertisement

MD1990 wrote: »

Sure, but what Jose said is true though. What you say is also true.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

MD1990 wrote: »

He was subsequently cleared over the Novara match, but remains guilty of failing to report alleged corruption regarding the Albinoleffe game.

He was banned for failing to report.

Conte was acquitted of all charges.

I also think it was a ridiculous comment for jose to make. He should have more cop on now at this stage but i dont think he will ever change. Id say the united board are cringing at his comments tonight

I also think it was a ridiculous comment for jose to make. He should have more cop on now at this stage but i dont think he will ever change. Id say the united board are cringing at his comments tonight

I don't think the board will care too much considering he was hired after his behaviour at Chelsea.

At least I cringe reading your posts.

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    I don't think the board will care too much considering he was hired after his behaviour at Chelsea.

He was hired more out of desperation. City had pep and united needed a statement manager.

He has sunk to a new low with those comments tonight imo.

Wouldnt be surprised to see the fa warn, fine or ban him for the comments made

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

He was hired more out of desperation. City had pep and united needed a statement manager.

He has sunk to a new low with those comments tonight imo.

And what do you make of Conte calling Mourinho senile so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Conte started it by falling into the trap the journalists set, and tried to make it personal.

Jose pretty much murdered him though. There's no real come back for Conte there. It was a mic drop on Jose's part.

Conte will no doubt try to pull the “he just wish’s he was still at Chelsea card”

You would tho wouldn’t ya!

I don't expect a better reply than fuck fellaini,.

• Advertisement

You mean where a player led revolt cost him his job? Nice try

Always rich coming from Liverpool fans after the ****fest that happened few years back.

Jose started this all off, every week having a little pop at different managers. He called some of the other managers clowns for their antics on the line

I'm pretty sure he was banned and served a ban. Later overturned on a conveniently rushed appeal just before going to the WC with Italy in 2016. :D

Jose started this all off, every week having a little pop at different managers. He called some of the other managers clowns for their antics on the line

Which managers specifically did he target as clowns ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,083 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

MrMac84 wrote: »

LOL, he was sh*t that season and embarrassing himself and the club every time he opened his mouth, that's what cost him his job.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

?? It was all their fault? What about Eva Carneiro?

Tbf, both Mourinho and Conte are at fault here.

Remember Fergies mindgames? And how unhinged it made some managers? I think this is all it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

From the creators of “orange is the new black”, a Boards.ie production, directed by the Soccer forum mods, STARRING BANGKOK..

“Jose is the new Fellaini”

• Advertisement

• Lol so bitter at Jose
    I love it

Remember Fergies mindgames? And how unhinged it made some managers? I think this is all it is.

Sitting 15 points behind city and saying some of the stuff jose is saying, no, i dont think fergie would be doing any of this.

• astradave wrote: »
    From the creators of “orange is the new black”, a Boards.ie production, directed by the Soccer forum mods, STARRING BANGKOK..

I think he's aware Fellanis contract may not be renewed :P

Sitting 15 points behind city and saying some of the stuff jose is saying, no, i dont think fergie would be doing any of this.

And back to City we go

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Lol so bitter at Jose
    I love it

You think jose comments were ok??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

• Advertisement

If Fergie said what José said everyone would be like "oh it's fergie with his mindgames, trying to rattle opposition"

José does it, people go ape**** and it's evident here this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Its childish shyte from the two of them.

It is however amusing to see two men that are earning hundreds of thousands of pounds a week resort to trading school yard insults.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,178 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

astradave wrote: »

Even when we win, you know he'll be here finding new ways to moan about Jose :D

Pre-match it was Willock not playing.

Its childish shyte from the two of them.

It is however amusing to see two men that are earning hundreds of thousands of pounds a week resort to trading school yard insults.

They'd be great trash talkers in a certain business that's for sure.

Which managers specifically did he target as clowns ?

I kinda guessed he wouldn't answer this one :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Bangkok? Where was your uproar about Conte saying that Jose had senile dementia.. that sort of **** is worse than the match fixing comments.. your faux outrage is hilarious at this point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Majority will think fair game. He didn't say anything that wasn't true. If conte was cleared he still served a ban to do with match fixing.

This line that he failed to stop it is crap if he failed to stop it he was still guilty.

• bangkok wrote: »

Not even aimed at you
    Relax, your taking this way too seriously IMO

Aimed at the visitors :P

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    If Fergie said what José said everyone would be like "oh it's fergie with his mindgames, trying to rattle opposition"

José does it, people go ape**** and it's evident here this evening.

We won and decisively so, and as such, some can't moan about the game, so look to moan about other things. Note how little discussion there's been about the prefromance and instead the narrative is about his (justified) retort to Conte?

astradave wrote: »
    Bangkok? Where was your uproar about Conte saying that Jose had senile dementia.. that sort of **** is worse than the match fixing comments.. your faux outrage is hilarious at this point

Jose has started all of this... what about his clown comments?

Faux outrage? Its nearly every week with jose. Having a go at scholes last week and klopp, crying about not having enough money to spend week before, even having a go at the fans. He needs to shut up and concentrate on managing man utd and stop making headlines for all the wrong reasons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,596 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Conte will no doubt try to pull the “he just wish’s he was still at Chelsea card”

While it's becoming increasingly obvious Conte wishes he wasn't! :pac:

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

In other news, I'm struggling to think of any other time a player has ever scored as many worldie's in a month period as Lingard has since the Watford game. It's truly remarkable.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    We won and decisively so, and as such, some can't moan about the game, so look to. Own about other things. Note how little discussion there's been about the prefromance and instead the narrative is about his (justified) retort to Conte?

We were playing derby county and were always expected to.win easy at home. Why did jose need to say anything? Just answer the football related questions and then fly off to dubai with rest of the squad and leave it at that

Am I missing something below? Which bit dont you like ?
    “Because I don’t behave as a clown on the touchline it means I lost my passion?,” Mourinho said.

“I prefer to behave the way I am doing it, much more mature, better for my team and myself.

“You don’t have to behave like a crazy guy on the touchline to have that passion.

“That passion you see it every day.

“The way a person is dedicated to his work, not what you do in front of the cameras.”

Faux outrage? Its nearly every week with jose. Having a go at scholes last week and klopp, crying about not having enough money to spend week before, even having a go at the fans. He needs to shut up and concentrate on managing man utd and stop making headlines for all the wrong reasons

The clown comments were solely about himself, not other managers.

Spending money IS worrying about managing United.
    Asking the crowd to make noise to support players IS about managing United.
    Defending his players from overly negative criticisms IS about managing United.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement