Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Thread..The Final Chapter of 17? (MOD WARNINGS IN OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

A lot here want Mahrez,reports tonight from Lequipe that Liverpool have made contact about signing him.

How many wide attackers do they need?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

pjohnson wrote: »
    Even when we win, you know he'll be here finding new ways to moan about Jose :D

Pre-match it was Willock not playing.

The young fela that’s on loan? Ha ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

bangkok wrote: »
    Jose has started all of this... what about his clown comments?

Faux outrage? Its nearly every week with jose. Having a go at scholes last week and klopp, crying about not having enough money to spend week before, even having a go at the fans. He needs to shut up and concentrate on managing man utd and stop making headlines for all the wrong reasons

Wow, I never thought you would be someone to move the goalposts... /s

What about Conte’s comments? Any opinion?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

bangkok wrote: »
    Jose has started all of this... what about his clown comments?

Faux outrage? Its nearly every week with jose. Having a go at scholes last week and klopp, crying about not having enough money to spend week before, even having a go at the fans. He needs to shut up and concentrate on managing man utd and stop making headlines for all the wrong reasons

Is it possible maybe you are not the best person to give advice?

What about his clown comments?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,393 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

A lot here want Mahrez,reports tonight from Lequipe that Liverpool have made contact about signing him.

How many wide attackers do they need?

All of them :pac: I don't think he'll go to Liverpool (or United at that) Klopp and Jose like their wide men to be hard working and I don't think Marhez likes tracking back enough to suit either manager.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    All of them :pac: I don't think he'll go to Liverpool (or United at that) Klopp and Jose like their wide men to be hard working and I don't think Marhez likes tracking back enough to suit either manager.

Mahrez has very good work ethic tbf.. the year that Leicester won the league he was immense in attack and defence by closing down players, even this season he is doing the same..

Sorry to take the thread off topic but someone needs to add Jesses goal to that Gif of all his goals this year :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Jose and his post match press conferences have been tough to watch and cringy at times lately. I found it difficult to warm to him recently however after those match comments Jose is my hero.

I thought the Senile Dementia comment from Conte was going too far, i think Jose just ended a war of words with those comments :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,393 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

astradave wrote: »
    Mahrez has very good work ethic tbf.. the year that Leicester won the league he was immense in attack and defence by closing down players, even this season he is doing the same..

Have to say I haven't watched much of Leicester in the last two seasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

DSzwByQX0AEdyW0?format=jpg&name=medium

Martial thinking Daaaaaaamn.

duffman13 wrote: »
    Jose and his post match press conferences have been tough to watch and cringy at times lately. I found it difficult to warm to him recently however after those match comments Jose is my hero.

I thought the Senile Dementia comment from Conte was going too far, i think Jose just ended a war of words with those comments :)

Even cringier from Chelsea was the spokesperson coming out and saying Conte meant to say "amnesia" instead of dementia.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Jesse is unreal right now. If he keeps this up he will bolt right into England team for the World Cup.

Before this season he had 11 goals for United. Now he has 22. Mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Lingard for the #7? Or would it be too much pressure for him?

• Ya chat **** ya get banged
    Simple as

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Lingard for the #7? Or would it be too much pressure for him?

Not a chance, I really like Lingard. Always have, but nope.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

I'm pretty sure I had a moan here when Jesse signed that 100k a week contract...happy to see he is proving he is worth every penny of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

I always had a sweet spot for Lingard. Followed him a lot over the years and like many he just needed a solid run of games to prove his worth. I remember preseason games and when he went out on loan those few times he would score simply astonishing shots from outside the box. He's always had it, now with the run of games he has the confidence to go out and actually do it.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Ya chat **** ya get banged
    Simple as

Could be very apt in more ways than one tonight. ;)

https://twitter.com/DavidAmoyal/status/949426665934946304

Via Di Marzio.
    "Juventus interested in signing Darmian in Summer window".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,596 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

DM_7 wrote: »
    Jesse is unreal right now. If he keeps this up he will bolt right into England team for the World Cup.

Hope he doesn't.

Want him wrapped up in cotton wool all summer.

Fcuk England. And plenty of English United fans would say similar :)

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Jose is box office

A dig at Klopp reels in Conte who hits back and then Jose destroys him with a one liner :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Good thing we nailed down Lingard to a long term contract with a deserving weekly wage before he became the best player on the team. To think his wages were used as a punchline. Tut tut tut.

• GSPfan wrote: »
    Good thing we nailed down Lingard to a long term contract with a deserving weekly wage before he became the best player on the team. To think his wages were used as a punchline. Tut tut tut.

Me personally, I was annoyed he got a contract renewal as at best I believed he was a good squad option due to his potential but also because of his inconstancy he didn't deserve such a package.
    I was wrong. He's proved me wrong. Hands up really.
    His shooting technique is something else. Now he's adding that to his game on a consistant level.

• Another angle, it's a beautiful thing

https://twitter.com/UnitedGoals_/status/949396087407874049

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Can anyone tell me what the formation was last night and was it comparable to the Everton game? I ask because I turned off my brain off last night and just enjoyed the game.

I ask because it seems Pogba has played high up on the left the last two games but I’m not sure what shape the team takes then.

• CeVihk6.jpg

GSPfan wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what the formation was last night and was it comparable to the Everton game? I ask because I turned off my brain off last night and just enjoyed the game.

I ask because it seems Pogba has played high up on the left the last two games but I’m not sure what shape the team takes then.

Looked like a 235 to me most of the time :pac:

HM-JL-MR-PP-JM
    LS-AH-VL
    DB-CS
    SR

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

astradave wrote: »
    Wow, I never thought you would be someone to move the goalposts... /s

What about Conte’s comments? Any opinion?

Childish. They are both like children slagging each other in the play ground. It is pathetic from both of them but i would expect a lot more from the manager of manchester united

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

I pray this season is a sign of things to come for Lingard.

He's always had pass and dangerous on the run but his shooting form this season is outstanding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Anywhere that I can get the attendance figures for the match’s last night lads?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Anywhere that I can get the attendance figures for the match’s last night lads?

It popped up on the screen and was definitely 73xxx don’t know the exact figure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,178 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Conte started it by falling into the trap the journalists set, and tried to make it personal.

Jose pretty much murdered him though. There's no real come back for Conte there. It was a mic drop on Jose's part.

While I did have a good initial laugh at reading it last night, it’s quintessential Mourinho being a **** as usual.

I saw Contes comments first and thought it was pretty straight forward and saying what most say whenever Jose goes on about respect on the sideline when he loses and basically when he has his sour grapes. He’s been a massive **** on the sideline in the past too.

Also think if anyone believes he wasnt firing an initial dig at Klopp and Conte about his initial clown comment you either don’t understand how this manager operates or your a fully endorsed Mourinho cultist haha. Clearly had a pop at Conte and Klopp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,178 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

TheDoc wrote: »
    While I did have a good initial laugh at reading it last night, it’s quintessential Mourinho being a **** as usual.

I saw Contes comments first and thought it was pretty straight forward and saying what most say whenever Jose goes on about respect on the sideline when he loses and basically when he has his sour grapes. He’s been a massive **** on the sideline in the past too.

Also think if anyone believes he wasnt firing an initial dig at Klopp and Conte about his initial clown comment you either don’t understand how this manager operates or your a fully endorsed Mourinho cultist haha. Clearly had a pop at Conte and Klopp

Klopp was a given but didnt think it was a pop at Conte tbh.

On the game itself really enjoyed it. Thought we were very good.

Only real negative was Mhiki again being pathetic. Rashford was brutal but I’ll put that down to the inconsistency of youth. But he definitely micked his chance for playing up front for a good while. Touch and linkup were garbage.

Also think it’s kinda funny how so many people in here have been calling for Pogba to be played like he was at Juve, Scholes then says it, José has a pop, then proceeds to do exactly what was mentioned and Pogba has two brilliant performances haha

Hopefully that continues. He looks immediately better, more comfortable and just dominating in that left channel he played like at Juve

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

TheDoc wrote: »

Even if you want to say it was a dig at Conte and Klopp...

The press asks if he's miserable cause he's not bouncing round the touchlines. Jose says he doesn't feel the need to act like a clown and that shouldn't be a measure of whether he's happy, passionate, etc. I don't see anything wrong with that response. The level of attention Jose gets because he's not smiling, not leaping around (doubley so when the press tries to get him in trouble every time he shows passion on the touchline too), must be incredibly frustrating.

Conte then kicks into the personal territory with his response.

At that point, I have to be honest, I like seeing Jose show that bit of a bite. If Conte wants to make it so personal, dragging mental health into it, then Jose has the right to respond, and did so in a brutal manner to shut down Conte.

• Advertisement

And what do you make of Conte calling Mourinho senile so?

Accurate?

Seriously, only Wenger has a more selective memory than Mourinho when it comes to being salty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I thought it was a pop at the big 3 tbh, Klopp, Conte and Pep. It was quite Machiavellian though as he can always say he was talking about himself. Conte shouldn't react but he gets asked plenty about comments which Jose has made seemingly about him and it definitely grates him. He shouldn't take the bait but the media are constantly stirring between the managers.

The funniest thing about it all, was Jose was on the high road for the first bit telling us about how mature he is now and he doesn't lower himself to touch line antics and then he goes and says that after. Classic Mou! :D

It very obviously was. He would have just watched Conte go into spasms on the sideline during the Arsenal match.

Look I actually agree with him. I think Conte and Klopp are clowns. I think it’s ridiculous how much Klopp gets away with in terms of abuse he gives the 4th official and referee and it’s brushed off as “passion” and “character” when our manager gets bans for kicking a bottle.

I just think it’s a bit laughable how Jose defenders go to such incredible lengths of delusion to defend him.

He started it with a dig, got a fair dig back and then savaged Conte (with something actuslly a bit serious considering Conte was cleared of any wrongdoing). It was pretty funny. I massively dislike Jose let’s not beat around the bush, but I enjoyed that and thought it was hilarious. Like pure vicious I was howling when I read it.

But let’s not pretend he was some innocent party haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭secman

I watched the Conte interview, he was definitely struggling with English words for what he was trying to say, dont think there was much malice in what he was trying to say.
    Look all managers suffer from selective memory loss , bad vision , deafness when it suits them and thats the size of it. Much to do about nothing....

Even if you want to say it was a dig at Conte and Klopp...

The press asks if he's miserable cause he's not bouncing round the touchlines. Jose says he doesn't feel the need to act like a clown and that shouldn't be a measure of whether he's happy, passionate, etc. I don't see anything wrong with that response. The level of attention Jose gets because he's not smiling, not leaping around (doubley so when the press tries to get him in trouble every time he shows passion on the touchline too), must be incredibly frustrating.

Conte then kicks into the personal territory with his response.

At that point, I have to be honest, I like seeing Jose show that bit of a bite. If Conte wants to make it so personal, dragging mental health into it, then Jose has the right to respond, and did so in a brutal manner to shut down Conte.

Bringing mental health into it?

Haha like I said there is some mad delusion when it comes to Jose defenders.

Two managers have thrown a few digs via press conferences as has happened for aslong as Ive watched football.

Our manager started it. Stop making out that he was some victim or “poor Jose” in this.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Nothing to do with saying "Poor Jose". He's a big boy. Conte grew a jab, Jose threw one back, as he was entitled to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

It's pretty funny how petty they can get with each other and how savage Jose is willing to go. Wouldn't call it a 'mic drop' or whatever considering it was proven to be untrue however. Conte could as easily go and reply with 'I'll never threaten to punch a ballboy' as mourinho was accused of as Chelsea boss at a Palace.
    I'd imagine both will have PR officers in their ears saying please stop now though.

Enjoyed the game last night the bits I saw. I don't see any possible scenario other than injury where lingard isn't central to England at the World Cup. He's taken Lallanas pre injury slot of creative importance for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

United vs Chelsea should be tasty next month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

J. Marston wrote: »
    United vs Chelsea should be tasty next month.

They tend to stop having a go at each other before matches unfortunately :(

Nothing to do with saying "Poor Jose". He's a big boy. Conte grew a jab, Jose threw one back, as he was entitled to.

Yup and that’s fine. And our manager absolutely savaged theirs. And it was hilarious :D

Felt you were twisting a bit though in the justification. Sorry if I’ve misread. But don’t think I have ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭secman

Nice to be able to sit back and hope there are loads of upsets in today's games and tomorrow's too.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement