Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Thread..The Final Chapter of 17? (MOD WARNINGS IN OP)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

People keep mentioning how he had it later over turned... by the Italian FA.... just before he agreed to go and work for.....the Italian FA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

MrMac84 wrote: »
    People keep mentioning how he had it later over turned... by the Italian FA.... just before he agreed to go and work for.....the Italian FA

He didn't have it overturned by the Italian FA. He had it overturned in a court of law.

Look into the charges before talking sh*te honestly. And into the prosecutor Palazzo and how he had zero evidence. The only corrupt thing about the trial was that it ever happened in the first place. Italian FA wanted to look like they were stamping out match fixing, and the only evidence they had was 'how couldn't he know'.

Just as an aside this was the last time Conte talked about the match fixing scandal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0Y0CG1Q9cU

Today's post match presser should be interesting..

EDIT: can't embed for some reason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Still anything Jose said wasn't a lie.. conte was suspended for connections to match fixing no matter what was over turned it don't change history.

Jose never said he will never be found guilty or anything just said he will never be suspended.

When conte got personal and brought medical conditions into it well I can't see how anyone can have say he is a victim it was fair game from Jose.

And his explanation of talking about himself is more plausible then any argument against he was asked about himself and responded and he says he was exclusively talking about himself which means the press and conte were the ones in the wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,379 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

secman wrote: »
    I watched the Conte interview, he was definitely struggling with English words for what he was trying to say, dont think there was much malice in what he was trying to say.
    Look all managers suffer from selective memory loss , bad vision , deafness when it suits them and thats the size of it. Much to do about nothing....
    He said, in Italian, Jose had senile dementia. It wasn't a language issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭clubberlang12

Something to consider is how some people think Rashford(20) and Martial(22) should be developed players at this stage of their career. We have just seen how Lingard at 25 is just starting to get a bit of a foot hold in the first team. Many here, and beyond, questioned his ability and cried lunacy with news of his new contract! Everything these days has to be now..........success has to be instant. Results have to be straight away. Whether it's a club, manager or player. There is still so much exciting development to take place in Rashford and Martial, but i've said it before, there is too much pressure on young shoulders at a massive club. They need quality experience along side them to help nurture their development

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,178 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Haha Sky just posted we are interested in Kane :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

pjohnson wrote: »
    Haha Sky just posted we are interested in Kane :pac:
    Us and about 50 other clubs! Paper never refused ink I guess.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Won't be long before the United players get tired of this spiteful clown. Chelsea players showed how to stand up to him.

Won't be long before the United players get tired of this spiteful clown. Chelsea players showed how to stand up to him.

LOL.

The united players acting the way chelseas did would annoy me no end.

They downed tools.

Why would any United fan want that.

Plus, I doubt any United player is annoyed by a frankly hilarious pop at Conte, and possibly previously klopp.

• Advertisement

LOL.

The united players acting the way chelseas did would annoy me no end.

They downed tools.

Why would any United fan want that.

Plus, I doubt any United player is annoyed by a frankly hilarious pop at Conte, and possibly previously klopp.

Not winning the PL would annoy me no end :pac:

BTW of those supposed players who 'downed tools', Matic was the worst culprit, yet he's playing again for Mou? D'ya actually think they all got together and stopped trying? Jose made us public enemy #1 that season and it hurt the team. That and a lack of pre-season.

Lukker- wrote: »

BTW of those supposed players who 'downed tools', Matic was the worst culprit, yet he's playing again for Mou? D'ya actually think they all got together and stopped trying? Jose made us public enemy #1 that season and it hurt the team. That and a lack of pre-season.

I don't think mourinho is the reason United aren't going to win the league. I don't see that point as being congruent with the point being made.

Lukker- wrote: »

But they didn't win it the year they downed tools? Actually Chelsea could have been in contention for 3 in a row had they not. Still as the song goes 2 out of 3 ain't bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Something to consider is how some people think Rashford(20) and Martial(22) should be developed players at this stage of their career.

Does anybody think that?

The problem isn't people expecting Rashford and Martial to be developed players, everybody knows they aren't developed yet.

The problem is people expecting United to be challenging a record breaking City team despite having all those undeveloped players in the team.

They know a lot of the players aren't developed yet but won't take that into account when whinging about inconsistent performances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭clubberlang12

Does anybody think that?

The problem isn't people expecting Rashford and Martial to be developed players, everybody knows they aren't developed yet.

The problem is people expecting United to be challenging a record breaking City team despite having all those undeveloped players in the team.

They know a lot of the players aren't developed yet but won't take that into account when whinging about inconsistent performances.

Yes i think there are some people thinking like that. Obviously not everyone......just "some" like i said in the original post.

For the record, I agree about United expected to challenge with such a relatively young team and have mentioned that before here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

He said, in Italian, Jose had senile dementia. It wasn't a language issue.

Which was a ****ing disgusting thing to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

adox wrote: »
    Which was a ****ing disgusting thing to say.

It’s only childish apparently :rolleyes:

Totally off-topic and I'm sorry but just seen Diego Costa has been sent off already for Madrid. He is a headcase ha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

jayo26 wrote: »
    Totally off-topic and I'm sorry but just seen Diego Costa has been sent off already for Madrid. He is a headcase ha.

was on a yellow and jumped into the crowd to celebrate when he scored. got another yellow

• Advertisement

Is that all.... I was hoping he had gone full psycho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Is that all.... I was hoping he had gone full psycho.

His first yellow was for an elbow

Mars Bar wrote: »
    His first yellow was for an elbow

Thug... did he ever actually get sent off for Chelsea he always seemed to avoid the eyes of the ref.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

TheDoc wrote: »
    I saw Contes comments first and thought it was pretty straight forward and saying what most say whenever Jose goes on about respect on the sideline when he loses and basically when he has his sour grapes. He’s been a massive **** on the sideline in the past too.

What about the "Demenza Senile" stuff from Conte ?

I have no problem with people being critical of Jose but the lack of consistency ruins any point you're trying to make.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Jesse Lingard though....if you would have asked me at the start of the season which united player would be the most exciting to watch, scoring brilliant goals and putting his shift into the team...lingard would not be my first choice but **** me has this guy stood up this season. He's always had this tag from me as a bit part player.. delighted to be proven wrong, he should be considered one of the best in england at the moment. Fair play to him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,871 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

beno619 wrote: »

Is this the Italian full-back Chelsea have been linked with?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Off too Dubai they go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Well thankfully that is the end of hearing about Pogba, value and his price tag

Of course you want to be in all competitions but hopefully the squad will come back fully refreshed after the training break and pick up the performance levels again.

beno619 wrote: »

I have no problem with people being critical of Jose but the lack of consistency ruins any point you're trying to make.

What about it?

Jose calls him a clown, Conte calls him senile and Jose finishes him off with a rinse over match fixing.

So there isn't a lack of consistency, the only point of contention I had was people portraying Jose the victim here or being on the receiving end of something he didn't start/want.

Have literally had people post in this thread about the likes of Dunphy,Giles or Souness calling them senile or demented with their analysis or criticism of the team, a player or the manager and no one has felt the need to tunnel in on the term used.

Should state I've no issue with people taking exception to the belittlement or derogatory use of the illness or if they feel aggrieved at the term used. As someone who had a family member pass away last year after 18-20 months of just wasting away in front of me with dementia, I know first hand the harrowing experience and heartbreak it brings.

That's down to everyone's own emotions and feelings regarding experience with it, so I'd never tell someone to chill out or get over it when it comes to something like that. And I hope my posts arn't being interpreted like that.

Was that his second game?

Thought I heard on a pod on his debut he scored and went off injured? Haha you'd nearly miss him he's such a basket case

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

What about it?

Jose calls him a clown, Conte calls him senile and Jose finishes him off with a rinse over match fixing.

So there isn't a lack of consistency, the only point of contention I had was people portraying Jose the victim here or being on the receiving end of something he didn't start/want.

Have literally had people post in this thread about the likes of Dunphy,Giles or Souness calling them senile or demented with their analysis or criticism of the team, a player or the manager and no one has felt the need to tunnel in on the term used.

Should state I've no issue with people taking exception to the belittlement or derogatory use of the illness or if they feel aggrieved at the term used. As someone who had a family member pass away last year after 18-20 months of just wasting away in front of me with dementia, I know first hand the harrowing experience and heartbreak it brings.

That's down to everyone's own emotions and feelings regarding experience with it, so I'd never tell someone to chill out or get over it when it comes to something like that. And I hope my posts arn't being interpreted like that.

Jose didnt call him a clown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,178 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Was that his second game?

Thought I heard on a pod on his debut he scored and went off injured? Haha you'd nearly miss him he's such a basket case

That was in the cup as a sub. This was his first start and La Liga debut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Jose didnt call him a clown.

For the people that want to take shots at Jose, he said words that let them pretend that he did call Conte a clown. Thats good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Let’s not pretend Jose was talking about himself when he said the word Clown. We all know he was referring to other managers (most likely Conte, Klopp, and possibly Pep).

I’m loving the verbal battle, it’s not like they are spitting in each others faces and throwing digs. It’s a bit of slagging that neither will be bothered by really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

GSPfan wrote: »
    Let’s not pretend Jose was talking about himself when he said the word Clown. We all know he was referring to other managers (most likely Conte, Klopp, and possibly Pep).

I’m loving the verbal battle, it’s not like they are spitting in each others faces and throwing digs. It’s a bit of slagging that neither will be bothered by really.

When I heard it I automatically thought Kloop anyway.

Me too, but I don’t remember him having much issues with Klopp so I suppose Conte would have been more obvious considering he had issue with him before.

We all thought he was talking about klopp or even another manager but after he saying that he was talking about himself and when you look back on it he actually does look more like he was talking of himself but can still be interpreted as another manager.

Either way no matter what Jose says to the press it is always interpreted fro a negative side even when he makes a statement to clear up his comments about the clubs spending it's twisted as to been another attack on the club board.

Either way even if he did mean klopp or conte I don't actually give a toss I don't care about people saying it's bringing unwanted attention to United because if it wasn't Jose they would be making up stuff about the players.

• Advertisement

bangkok wrote: »
    Except coutinho is quality..

Not 145 million quality

• bangkok wrote: »
    Except coutinho is quality..

Jaysus lighten up! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

One way or another he's a great player who will more then likely only getting better especially at barca.

That's kinda money ya got to throw around these days weather's it's worth it or not barca will find out! All I know is it benefits United as a rival is losing yet another one there best players so that's all matters to me!!

One way or another he's a great player who will more then likely only getting better especially at barca.

That's kinda money ya got to throw around these days weather's it's worth it or not barca will find out! All I know is it benefits United as a rival is losing yet another one there best players so that's all matters to me!!

But they have signed the best defender to ever walk the earth.

They can fook off if they think they are getting Lingard for anything less than Coutinho money! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,393 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Not 145 million quality

No sports player is remotely worth anything like that fee. £30m for Rio when he signed for you guys was deemed crazy, soccer has gone mental in the years since then.

This can't be sustainable. It'll have to go belly up soon.

GSPfan wrote: »
    They can fook off if they think they are getting Lingard for anything less than Coutinho money! :)

Jesse Messi is going nowhere.

Not 145 million quality

Liverpool know barca have the money, southampton knew liverpool had the money, all a knock on effect from the neymar transfer

bangkok wrote: »
    Liverpool know barca have the money, southampton knew liverpool had the money, all a knock on effect from the neymar transfer

That wasn't been debated.

• Advertisement

The only way the craziness stops is if they bring in something to regulate transfer and release fees. If they do that though there’s an argument it hurts smaller clubs as they can’t hit the jackpot with a player being bought for stupid money i.e. Southampton being funded by Liverpool constantly.
    But I’d argue there is benefits in it for smaller clubs too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement