Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Thread..The Final Chapter of 17? (MOD WARNINGS IN OP)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

jayo26 wrote: »
    That wasn't been debated.

If barca think he is worth it, then he is worth what they are paying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

bangkok wrote: »
    If barca think he is worth it, then he is worth what they are paying.

Your dead right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

So PSG are wanting Fellaini. An interesting one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

emmetkenny wrote: »
    No sports player is remotely worth anything like that fee. £30m for Rio when he signed for you guys was deemed crazy, soccer has gone mental in the years since then.

This can't be sustainable. It'll have to go belly up soon.

It could also be that football clubs are only actually starting to grow to their financial potential. To put it another way, how many of the companies trading in the stock market a 100 years ago are alive now, in comparison to football clubs? If every man utd fan the world over (last time I checked the supporter base was still growing) contributed €15 euro a year to the club what would that value the club at? That's before you get into the tv rights and commercial sponserships. There's a tonne of money to be made in this sport and it's no surprise that business interests groups the world over are trying to their get their slice of the pie.

The transfers fees should go belly up sometime. Thing is the money involved with all these global clubs probably won't. The market is going to keep on growing and until the peak of that market is determined the transfer fees will likely keep spiralling. Even more so now when state entities are trying to blow other competitors out of the water by sheer financial clout.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Stoke have sacked Hughes.

Wonder hwo that will affect them against us next week.

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »

Return of the Pulis ball? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

One ex united player ive never really liked always seemed a miserable person.

It shouldnt. They are very poor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

sky88 wrote: »
    One ex united player ive never really liked always seemed a miserable person.

****ing delighted

Now we just need Stoke to go down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

It shouldnt. They are very poor

Doesn't stop them frustrating ****e out of us last few years!

• Advertisement

• It's on like donkey Kong, I'd say the media are loving it

https://twitter.com/ManUtd_HQ/status/949747912329846786

That is such a weak comeback.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Turtwig wrote: »

Im sure Jose is in his Hotel room with a glass of wine watching that like this

giphy.gif

Turtwig wrote: »

There was no real strong comeback tbh.

Jose be like

94722.jpg

astradave wrote: »
    Im sure Jose is in his Hotel room with a glass of wine watching that like this

I thought we were past this?????? It's a bloody APARTMENT. ;)

He has his own hair,he has his own hair!! He's Jose not Conte and has his own hair!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Thing is if ye can take your blinkers off for a second, Conte has always showed class and respect to people who deserve it where as Mourinho ? well.

I know most Man U fans don't like Jose as a person as he is a cnut and really is tarnishing the ideals and culture of the club.

Of course if he wins the Premiership it will be tolerated but obviously this year is gone and honestly hard to see them winning it next year, can't see him been there more than 3 years without a PL title.

• Hahah the gift that keeps on giving

Thing is if ye can take your blinkers off for a second, Conte has always showed class and respect to people who deserve it where as Mourinho ? well.

I know most Man U fans don't like Jose as a person as he is a cnut and really is tarnishing the ideals and culture of the club.

Of course if he wins the Premiership it will be tolerated but obviously this year is gone and honestly hard to see them winning it next year, can't see him been there more than 3 years without a PL title.

what is there to tarnish? We as fans and as a club backed out former captains that kicked a fan and another that went out to deliberately end an opponents career with a tackle... we have another former captain that is a legend of the club that slept with his brothers wife for years these are just a few things as a club that fans can look past.....

What is there to tarnish??????

And it's not just United before fans of other clubs get all mighty about it pool and Chelsea and city have as many skeletons in their closet as United as a club do.

Whatever Jose says it does will not be worse then some of the stuff that's been accepted in the past no bloody way.

He might be a cnut but he is our cnut as long as he is manager of the club.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Yep never ever once showed respect to anyone ever. Fergie never ever had Jose respect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I used to love Mark Hughes. His jersey the sharp viewcam one or the blue and white one with Hughes 10 on the back was my first jesrsey.

Amazes me how happy I am to see him fail again in management.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

I posted in the transfer thread that Mahrez is to join Liverpool for €55 million.

I posted in the transfer thread that Mahrez is to join Liverpool for €55 million.

Just saw that. Disappointed if true. He'd have been perfect for us :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

VVD + Mahrez for Coutinho. Can't see Leicester letting Mahrez go but if they did it would be a good window and another negative net spend from FSG :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I wouldn't have thought the majority of United fans know him as a person.

And after some of the guff spouted by you about United you are suddenly concerned about the ideals and culture of the club??

El

Oh

El.

That’s a weird one as this had come out earlier

https://twitter.com/carlmarkham/status/949631774161850368?s=17

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

If anything though THAT was ****ing weird :)

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Ah maybe they thought klopp was spotted eating candy floss with him in Blackpool or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

There was no real strong comeback tbh.

May have just called him a "cotton headed ninny muggins"

If anything though THAT was ****ing weird :)

Yeah thought so myself but he followed it up with this and it makes sense

https://twitter.com/carlmarkham/status/949633217413476353?s=17

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

It's taking the piss but Christ did I find it funny

The Mirror saying Jose will make a move for Ozil.
    Other paper gossip is that we are in competition with Arsenal to sign Fred from Shakhtar Donetsk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Cotts72

The Mirror saying Jose will make a move for Ozil.
    Other paper gossip is that we are in competition with Arsenal to sign Fred from Shakhtar Donetsk.

The Star has us linked with signing Bale this month. Im all for Ozil,I think Lukaku would thrive off him...as for this Fred fella,the name alone gets my seal of approval :o

Ahhh would love it, LOVE IT, if we signed Ozil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Where would Ozil play? Feels like our team is lopsided to the left.

GSPfan wrote: »
    Where would Ozil play? Feels like our team is lopsided to the left.

Play him on the right.

Play him on the right.

4-3-3

With pogba and ozil as lcm and rcm would be fun not sure how it would be defensively though

4-3-3

With pogba and ozil as lcm and rcm would be fun not sure how it would be defensively though

15 league games out of 20, we face teams pinned back into their own boxes tbh, so could just focus on attacking anyway.

15 league games out of 20, we face teams pinned back into their own boxes tbh, so could just focus on attacking anyway.

Ya that's true actually he could go right or be replaced in trickier ties

Pogba and ozil assisting Kane with Griezman chipping in with a couple here and there I can't Wait for next season already :)

• Advertisement

Is the counthinio thing a done deal? That would improve our chances of signing greizman then surely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Meh. I’m over Griezmann.

Is the counthinio thing a done deal? That would improve our chances of signing greizman then surely

Not read anything recently but word was they wanted both. Coutinho is Iniesta's long term replacement, while Griezmann is a Neymar one (or Suarez long term).

Griezemann is off to Barca as they have an ageing team and are now signing younger players!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

We really should sign Ozil

I know it would mean Pogba in a 2 man midfield but feck it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,379 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I'd be unsure of the team balance and capability defensively of we signed ozil, but I'd be super excited at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I'd rather a proper CM and free up Pogba to play further forward. Someone like Verratti would be ideal of course, but with that unlikely, sign someone like Ndidi at Leicester and I think that would make us a much better side.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    We really should sign Ozil

I know it would mean Pogba in a 2 man midfield but feck it

And pogba doesnt work in a 2 man midfield. Team has no balance and you are not getting the best out of pogba.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

And pogba doesnt work in a 2 man midfield. Team has no balance and you are not getting the best out of pogba.

Ozil could play rw and then Pogba continues in midfield

irishman86 wrote: »
    Ozil could play rw and then Pogba continues in midfield

People are crying out for pace on right wing, ozil doesnt offer that. Also mata has been excellent for us out there imo, i dont really see what getting ozil would offer unless we change formation and give him no10 role

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement