Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Thread..The Final Chapter of 17? (MOD WARNINGS IN OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,175 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Bret Hart wrote: »
    Where's that Jim Carrey gif when you need it. Perfect time too use it.

Well, if you insist....

tumblr_nl0k1nP51S1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,372 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Adamocovic wrote: »
    We've all been here before.

I think Sanchez story is nothing more than selling papers. Don't see it happening.

The people reporting it though.... I don't think they have a rep for saying this type of thing to sell papers. Maybe that is the goal here though.

Maybe it is reality that United have made a bid for him. It isn't unbelievable to consider that United feel Sanchez would be a good signing at a good fee - especially considering Ibrahimovic could, effectively, be done. Maybe they also feel a move to City is more likely, but know they have zero chance of signing him if they don't try to sign him.

I'm all for trying, legitimately, to sign whomever - I'm annoyed we didn't make an attempt for Neymar.

I don't, for even one second, believe that United will sign him - City will do whatever to sign him either now or in the summer, and if he does leave Arsenal it will be to City - I've no doubt on that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

astradave wrote: »
    ;)

Never forget that Di Maria fella cost me a fiver

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

pjohnson wrote: »
    Well, if you insist....

tumblr_nl0k1nP51S1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

Thinking more the Dumb and Dumber one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Cotts72

The people reporting it though.... I don't think they have a rep for saying this type of thing to sell papers. Maybe that is the goal here though.

Maybe it is reality that United have made a bid for him. It isn't unbelievable to consider that United feel Sanchez would be a good signing at a good fee - especially considering Ibrahimovic could, effectively, be done. Maybe they also feel a move to City is more likely, but know they have zero chance of signing him if they don't try to sign him.

I'm all for trying, legitimately, to sign whomever - I'm annoyed we didn't make an attempt for Neymar.

I don't, for even one second, believe that United will sign him - City will do whatever to sign him either now or in the summer, and if he does leave Arsenal it will be to City - I've no doubt on that.

**** it let's just offer 50mill for ozil and Sanchez

• Advertisement

Cotts72 wrote: »

I'd be all for it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

50mil + 1p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Cotts72

paulbok wrote: »
    50mil + 1p

50mill +mkhitaryan +1p should cover if imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

50mill +mkhitaryan +1p should cover if imo

Realistically £25m + Mkhi for Ozil and Sanchez is as good a deal as arsenal would get..

Basically a 50m package..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭clubberlang12

Realistically £25m + Mkhi for Ozil and Sanchez is as good a deal as arsenal would get..

Basically a 50m package..

Absolutely no way you'd get Ozil and Sanchez for €25m + Mkhi. Considering each would cost a minimum €25m each and I would imagine Mkhi's value has plummeted in the last number of months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

Sanchez is on the wane - a very short sighted signing and could be a disaster if the 250k a week is true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Not happening lads.

If we sign Sanchez this month I'll eat my hat.

PhuckHugh wrote: »
    Sanchez is on the wane - a very short sighted signing and could be a disaster if the 250k a week is true.

Good boy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,924 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Even if we don't sign him it's fun to make City pay more

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Hahaha, I'm not getting worked up. Nope nope nope.

Sigh

Who wants to draw up a fantasy team.

Lord TSC wrote: »

Sigh

Where is shadow complex when you need him.. he must be around somewhere :D

Absolutely no way you'd get Ozil and Sanchez for €25m + Mkhi. Considering each would cost a minimum €25m each and I would imagine Mkhi's value has plummeted in the last number of months.

Mkhi would easily be valued at 20-25m in this current market..

So the reports are a bid is in.

I don't believe for a second we even lodge the bid unless Sanchez and his party have said he'd be interested...

I don't believe for a second we even lodge the bid unless Sanchez and his party have said he'd be interested...

Reports are also saying that Jose is confident of getting him

If anything it has made my day a bit more entertaining

Reports are also saying that Jose is confident of getting him

Jesus, please don't do this to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

im trying not to get to excited for this

im failing

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Bret Hart wrote: »
    Where's that Jim Carrey gif when you need it. Perfect time too use it.

psrez.jpg

Sigh

De Gea
    Valencia-Bailly--Rojo--Shaw
    ----Lingard-Matic-Pogba
    Sanchez---Lukaku--Martial

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

jayo26 wrote: »
    Not happening lads.

If we sign Sanchez this month I'll eat my hat.

How many hats do you have? :pac:

If it was Sanchez of seasons past I'd be excited but it's Sanchez of this season that has been more cold then hot.

We ask if they'd be interested - they say yes and talk numbers.

United put a bid in.

They tell City United have offered a contract and made a bid. City make counter offers and he signs for City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

On the question of Martial and Rashford being dropped, who cares, they should be playing well enough not to be dropped, having passengers in the team is the main reason we aren’t winning the big trophies. How many young/academy players is Pep playing in the league?

Lingard is playing himself into the team and I’m happy for the lad, will it last? Probably not, but that is how it should work at club like United, play well or don't play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭SteM

United are being played to get City to bid more and offer Sanchez a higher wage. No way he'd pick us over City at the moment I'm afraid.

For the lads that don’t want to get invested.. come on come to the dark side...

https://twitter.com/CheGiaevara/status/951445983837261824?s=17

• Advertisement

De Gea
    ---Matic-
    —-Ozil—Pogba

FYP

On the question of Martial and Rashford being dropped, who cares, they should be playing well enough not to be dropped, having passengers in the team is the main reason we aren’t winning the big trophies. How many young/academy players is Pep playing in the league?

Lingard is playing himself into the team and I’m happy for the lad, will it last? Probably not, but that is how it should work at club like United, play well or don't play.

Well if your to go on this season's form and numbers sanchez wouldn't make the first 11 ahead of Jesse or martial.

If Sanchez is willing to move to us I'd 100% be up for it. The guy can play anywhere across the front. People are saying it would stunt the development of Martial/Rashford, but that may not be the case. Sanchez could easily play through the middle or right side of our attack and has the pace needed to be utilised when playing counter attacking football. It's also a case that younger players not only develop through game time, but also by being surrounded by better players. They learn from them. We need more quality in our team and we've seen that Rashford and Martial can be very inconsistant, something i don't really hold against them.

Sanchez Premier league stats are excellent. In 122 appearances, he has 60 goals and 25 assists. I think he would be a great signing.

SteM wrote: »
    United are being played to get City to bid more and offer Sanchez a higher wage. No way he'd pick us over City at the moment I'm afraid.

Of course this is true..doesn’t mean we can’t have fun believing for that while until it’s confirmed :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,463 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

SteM wrote: »

As if we need players with his attitude picking us.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Who are people rooting for in the Liverpool/City game at the weekend?

I actually want Liverpool to win for a couple of reasons. To stop their unbeaten run and to hopefully slow City's march so that we won't have to give them a guard of honour in early April.

• Advertisement

Of course this is true..doesn’t mean we can’t have fun believing for that while until it’s confirmed :D

You're so right.

So, is it still a positivity train or has our choice of viechle changed recently? :pac:

J. Marston wrote: »
    Who are people rooting for in the Liverpool/City game at the weekend?

I actually want Liverpool to win for a couple of reasons. To stop their unbeaten run and to hopefully slow City's march so that we won't have to give them a guard of honour in early April.

Draw best result.

We won't catch City. But Pool can still catch us, and thus I'd rather that they lose instead of City.

Pool ending City's run would be a big confidence booster for them.

De Gea
    ----Lingard-Matic-Pogba

I actually really like the look of that

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

I actually really like the look of that

I'd like it better with the future captain of Manchester United, Phil Jones in the mix beside Bailly.

Mkhi would easily be valued at 20-25m in this current market..

You may get a lower club intend on trying to make a big statement of a signing to possibly pay that but can't see any top level team paying that for him in light of his form this season. Can maybe see a European team looking to take him on loan with a view to signing him permanently at a later date for something like €15m.

But who knows.

• Advertisement

You may get a lower club intend on trying to make a big statement of a signing to possibly pay that but can't see any top level team paying that for him in light of his form this season. Can maybe see a European team looking to take him on loan with a view to signing him permanently at a later date for something like €15m.

But who knows.

Inter, who he has been linked to reportedly value him around 20-25m.. that’s why I have said that really.. they want a loan with obligation to buy in the summer for FFP purposes but United want to sell now apparently..

I wonder, actually, if Ibrahimovic possibly leaving is spurring on this bid (IF TRUE).

I feel Jose was probably hoping Ibra would get fit and take up that #10 position behind Lukaku, but thats obviously not happening now. If Ibrahimovic does move on, maybe Jose is after Alexis for that reason?

I wonder, actually, if Ibrahimovic possibly leaving is spurring on this bid (IF TRUE).

I feel Jose was probably hoping Ibra would get fit and take up that #10 position behind Lukaku, but thats obviously not happening now. If Ibrahimovic does move on, maybe Jose is after Alexis for that reason?

You are REALLY invested now :pac:

You are REALLY invested now :pac:

uBNwb3m.gif?1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Not interested in this rumour remotely even.

I'd like to see city absolutely smash Liverpool though. The league is over, Liverpool are on a good run and a rival in the chasing pack so let's have them demolished please

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Inter, who he has been linked to reportedly value him around 20-25m.. that’s why I have said that really.. they want a loan with obligation to buy in the summer for FFP purposes but United want to sell now apparently..

Until a concrete offer is made by a club, then paper or twitter talk is just speculation for me. If a club gives us circa €25m for him i'd bite their hand off and gift rap him. But anyhow, that's all besides the point and we won't know until it happens, if it happens!

I also thought we'd never get RVP from them but we know how that ended!

jayo26 wrote: »
    Well if your to go on this season's form and numbers sanchez wouldn't make the first 11 ahead of Jesse or martial.

If going by stats, Sanchez has the same amount of goals in the league as Jesse and Martial.

Albrighton and Gudmundsonn have more assists than the 3 mentioned above, but i wouldn't prefer them at the club.

Not having a pop at you, but just showing how numbers and stats can be misleading.

Sanchez also doesn't give a shíte this half season. He knows hes off anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

I'd cry if we got Sanchez but he'll end up at city as that's how these things go :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement