Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Thread..The Final Chapter of 17? (MOD WARNINGS IN OP)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

astradave wrote: »
    I dunno there is just something weird about how all of a sudden he is demanding 400k where he was supposed to have already agreed a deal worth 250k. It actually reminds me of Real/Barca trying to discredit players through their sources in the media when the player rejects them.

Imagine :pac:

He didnt agree deal with city, that was the deal city had in place for him.

Doesnt sit easy with me that he has his heart set on city and he could be forced to move to united given the figures involved and it stinks of desperation that we would pay arsenal 25m plus mkhitarayan, give sanchez 400k a week for 3 and half years and give him a 15m signing on fee on top of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,371 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

bangkok wrote: »

Doesnt sit easy with me that he has his heart set on city and he could be forced to move to united given the figures involved and it stinks of desperation that we would pay arsenal 25m plus mkhitarayan, give sanchez 400k a week for 3 and half years and give him a 15m signing on fee on top of that.

There is no way he would be getting forced to sign for United. If he signs for United it is because he wants to sign for United (whatever the reason). If he wants to sign for City he is well capable of agreeing a deal with them.

To say he would be forced to sign for United is laughable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Doesnt sit easy with me that he has his heart set on city and he could be forced to move to united given the figures involved and it stinks of desperation that we would pay arsenal 25m plus mkhitarayan,give sanchez 400k a week for 3 and half years and give him a 15m signing on fee on top of that.

Absolutely no one is reporting this.. where are you getting that from? They are offering 25m and then giving Arsenal a chance to buy Mkhi from us, I’d say it would be like we sign Sánchez for 25m and you sign Mkhi for 20m.. something like that..

Also wasn’t the signing on bonus only if he signed on the summer instead of now forgot mullock mentioned this but think the fee is exaggerated.

“City hope he will put medals before money” defo looks like it came straight from city

There is no way he would be getting forced to sign for United. If he signs for United it is because he wants to sign for United (whatever the reason). If he wants to sign for City he is well capable of agreeing a deal with them.

To say he would be forced to sign for United is laughable.

Was it any more laughable than falcao going to monaco, tevez and mascherano to west ham? Players forced into the moves by agents. I would even say di Maria had his arm twisted to move to united. Something about players from south america and their agents/owners

Absolutely no one is reporting this.. where are you getting that from? They are offering 25m and then giving Arsenal a chance to buy Mkhi from us, I’d say it would be like we sign Sánchez for 25m and you sign Mkhi for 20m.. something like that..

Also wasn’t the signing on bonus only if he signed on the summer instead of now forgot mullock mentioned this but think the fee is exaggerated.

“City hope he will put medals before money” defo looks like it came straight from city

Actually just heard on radio it was actually 35m. No mention of mkhitarayan

• Advertisement

Actually just heard on radio it was actually 35m. No mention of mkhitarayan

Supposedly that’s the figure that Arsenal want to sell this window.. Everywhere reporting United bid 25 and City 20.. I’m sure there will be negotiations and a compromise in between..

The simon Mullock piece reads a lot like it was put out from City imo

Total cost of sanchez deal for 3 and a half years is nearly 120m!!!!! Mental

Total cost of sanchez deal for 3 and a half years is nearly 120m!!!!! Mental

Again that’s only if you believe the figures that Mullock is putting out.. not one other Journalist is running those figures..

Again that’s only if you believe the figures that Mullock is putting out.. not one other Journalist is running those figures..

Must be close to it all the same if we are trying to offer him a much better deal than city are

Must be close to it all the same if we are trying to offer him a much better deal than city are

According to most reports it’s that City are refusing o pay him 300k as it will break their wage structure for him, and are offering him 250k which is what their highest earner (Aguero) is on and also refusing to pay more than 20m. The reports say that United are willing to pay both

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Still don't believe that story I haven't seen anything creditable from a decent source that we have even looked at him.

Edit: Wenger just said he don't want to give wrong information and a bidding war would be beneficial to arsenal.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Still don't believe that story I haven't seen anything creditable from a decent source that we have even looked at him.

DiMarzio is as decent as they come, would still have contacts with Sanchez camp from his Udinese days. Ed Aaron’s was one of the first to break it with Romero and he is decent Arsenal source..

Uniteds press officer reply was that they were “not aware of any bid made” :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Who are Uniteds highest earners? What would they be on?

• yabadabado wrote: »

Pogba is on 220 - 270 range

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Pogba is on 220 - 270 range

Pogba is in less than that.. think he is 205k..

So Wenger refuses to rule out United bid and says that he hopes Sanchez will stay till the end of the season but “we’ll see”

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

So Wenger refuses to rule out United bid and says that he hopes Sanchez will stay till the end of the season but “we’ll see”

He will go this window, his lack of contribution this season means it is time to cash in. They will keep Ozil who is still going well.

DM_7 wrote: »
    He will go this window, his lack of contribution this season means it is time to cash in. They will keep Ozil who is still going well.

Yeah I agree, he was asked about Sanchez drop in form and said he thinks he is still giving the same as last year (something to that effect)

This is what he said when asked about the bid
    https://twitter.com/UllalIBT/status/951750087574675456?s=17

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Tough trying to decide on either Rashford or Martial for my fantasy team, decisions, decisions.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Tough trying to decide on either Rashford or Martial for my fantasy team, decisions, decisions.

Mata ;)

• Advertisement

Mata ;)

But will he start against Stoke on Monday night?

Went with Lingard instead :pac:

yabadabado wrote: »

Pogba is on 201k a week.

Last season zlatan was on 367640 per week and got 2.86m for being top scorer.

jayo26 wrote: »

Edit: Wenger just said he don't want to give wrong information and a bidding war would be beneficial to arsenal.

Di marzio is running with it.

Pogba is on 201k a week.

Last season zlatan was on 367640 per week and got 2.86m for being top scorer.

He’s only on 140/160k this year though.. think Pogba could be the highest earner at 201/205k so

Edit: Dave and Lukaku would probably be close to that figure too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

He’s only on 140/160k this year though.. think Pogba could be the highest earner at 201/205k so

Edit: Dave and Lukaku would probably be close to that figure too

Think De Gea must be around 200k as Courtois has pretty much asked for parity with him and the rumoured figure is 200k a week.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Think De Gea must be around 200k as Courtois has pretty much asked for parity with him and the rumoured figure is 200k a week.

Yeah he got a big increase the last time he signed after the Real fiasco.. He deserves it in fairness he’s a WC player essential to the team..

Yeah he got a big increase the last time he signed after the Real fiasco.. He deserves it in fairness he’s a WC player essential to the team..

Due another raise at this stage.

Fair play to Woody for keeping him, I think he should have let Rooney go but the De Gea work was brilliant in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

If Pogba is on 250k or there abouts its madness to even think about giving Sanchez 400k.
    I know it's not my money etc but paying that kind of money sets a precedent and everyone else at the club or joining will want some sort of parity.

Sanchez would without doubt improve the side but I'd rather a cm and a RW was bought this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Wenger is of course hoping a bidding war will start

And if Utd have offered Mickey as an exchange then Wenger must be hoping that City will also offer a player

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Without doubt, best keeper there is at the minute

Best bit of business United have done since SAF left

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

yabadabado wrote: »
    If Pogba is on 250k or there abouts its madness to even think about giving Sanchez 400k.
    I know it's not my money etc but paying that kind of money sets a precedent and everyone else at the club or joining will want some sort of parity.

Sanchez would without doubt improve the side but I'd rather a cm and a RW was bought this month.

Sanchez will demand more than he actually wants or gets. But I can see him getting north of 300k anyway. Sure, we were paying Rooney round 300k. Ibrahimovic, pre-injury, was high. We paid RVP 250k-ish when he joined 5 years ago.

If we want a top tier player, we're going to have to offer higher wages than teams like City, or comparative wages to a PSG, to secure them. Inflation has hit football big time in recent years, and it shouldnt be a shock that when clubs are getting inflated fees for players, the players will want that inflation reflected in their own pay packets as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,371 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I would also be surprised if the high figure for Ibra was not inclusive of the signing on fee, paid over the length of his contract.

^^^ I refuse to get even a tiny bit excited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,175 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Until he is shown on the United website I dont believe it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

^^^ I refuse to get even a tiny bit excited.

#MeToo

pjohnson wrote: »
    Until he is shown on the United website I dont believe it

OR holding the jersey..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,175 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

OR holding the jersey..

That could be photoshop. United website or gtfo for me. I was the same with RVP certain it was bullshít until it appeared there.

pjohnson wrote: »
    That could be photoshop. United website or gtfo for me. I was the same with RVP certain it was bullshít until it appeared there.

We all remember the Stormzy shenanigans :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Not going to happen. Just using it to stick an extra 0 on his wages. Don't waste your time thinking about it. I'd sooner see an Un unproven prospect than this ****e. Ozil and Sanchez are talked up as they aren't cup tied. Only a short term solution which will carry a massive wage for years. A player in their early 20s is what we want not a last big pay deal for a mercenary. In 18 months time we'd be up in arms with these two players and their massive wages and they'd be contributing 0 to the club. I'm certain of it. Move on to someone else for jaysus sake

• Advertisement

• Why is everyone so negative about this? If it happens it happens. If it doesn't it doesn't.
    And this odd conclusion that if you 29 you should be in a wheel chair.
    What harm is it buying a player in his prime? It doesn't all have to be potential, potential potential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Why is everyone so negative about this? If it happens it happens. If it doesn't it doesn't.
    And this odd conclusion that if you 29 you should be in a wheel chair.
    What harm is it buying a player in his prime? It doesn't all have to be potential, potential potential.

we bought rvp at 29/30 and that worked out pretty well

Not going to happen. Just using it to stick an extra 0 on his wages. Don't waste your time thinking about it. I'd sooner see an Un unproven prospect than this ****e. Ozil and Sanchez are talked up as they aren't cup tied. Only a short term solution which will carry a massive wage for years. A player in their early 20s is what we want not a last big pay deal for a mercenary. In 18 months time we'd be up in arms with these two players and their massive wages and they'd be contributing 0 to the club. I'm certain of it. Move on to someone else for jaysus sake

I absolutely forgot this! Sign em both up!!!

Yep that’s all I took from your post :pac: sorry

sky88 wrote: »
    we bought rvp at 29/30 and that worked out pretty well

Rvp wanted to join utd. Sanchez wants to join city. We are just throwing obscene money at him to have a change of heart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The Kermit GIFs are well and truly under wraps. No transfer muppetry until players are standing pitch side with a jersey.

Speaking of Muppets,French media saying both us and Madrid are after Neymar for €500 million....lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭clubberlang12

Too many lads here playing the likes of Football Manager thinking it's simple to develop potential in the likes of 20/21 year old players. It doesn't happen like that. Our most in form player at the minute is only now really starting to show proper development at 25 years of age. Can't believe that some are against signing a top level player like Sanchez. Granted this year is form hasn't been great. ok but not great, but the dog in the street knows why. On his previous seasons form he's actually a level, or levels , above what we have at the club. Hadn't realised 29 was retirement age these days!! I mentioned yesterday how having better players around them each day will actually aid the development of our youngsters, not hinder it. City have the 2 best performing youngsters in the league in Sane and Sterling at the minute.........I don't see anyone crying about City signing Sanchez hindering their development. Pep is strengthening his squad.........which is exactly what we need to do to compete.

I absolutely forgot this! Sign em both up!!!

Yep that’s all I took from your post :pac: sorry

Can only register one player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

How does anyone know that Sanchez wants to go to City? Has he ever said this?!

DM_7 wrote: »
    Can only register one player.

****! Forgot that too! Stupid baby brain! Sanchez now and Ozil for free in the summer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/951794540196827137

"Gianluca di Marzio says that Manchester United now lead Manchester City in the race for PSG target Alexis Sanchez, with the player's agents having made progress with the Red Devils."

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement