Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Thread..The Final Chapter of 17? (MOD WARNINGS IN OP)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

astradave wrote: »
    Maybe we had different targets at that point.. things can change very quickly in football

Like who, Perisic??

If a player like sanchez is available and wants to join you sign him.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Maybe we had different targets at that point.. things can change very quickly in football

Also worth noting we could be far more interested in him now, when he's half the price and the cup tied element is a massive boon, and we're looking for an Ibrahimovic replacement, than we were in the summer (when he was 70m and we weren't, maybe, as in dire need of his type of player).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,175 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Tbf the media over the summer seemed certain our #9 would be Morata and Chelsea's #9 Lukaku. Summer Papers also said we signed Perisic/Perisic at least 3 times. No paper had any news about Lindelöf the club seemed to break that news themselves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

bangkok wrote: »
    Like who, Perisic??

If a player like sanchez is available and wants to join you sign him.

So why are you getting so worked up about the potential to sign him now..

pjohnson wrote: »
    Tbf the media over the summer seemed certain our #9 would be Morata and Chelsea's #9 Lukaku. Summer Papers also said we signed Perisic/Perisic at least 3 times. No paper had any news about Lindelöf the club seemed to break that news themselves

There was links to Lindelof from the January prior as we were trying to sign him then and Zlatan was very complementary.. must have just bypassed you :D

So why are you getting so worked up about the potential to sign him now..

Now who is moving the goal posts???

What??

Lukakus father said his son would join either bayern or utd but utd were favourites as bayern had lewandowski

No paper said we had signed perisic

Lindelof had been linked plenty of times with us. Zlatan even said how good he was. Think we even tried to sign him in jan

Now who is moving the goal posts???

Ok.. yes like perisic, we would have had a budget and the like.. with Zlatan coming off the wage books we change our targets.. that’s how it works.. things can change you know..

So..why are you getting so worked up about potentially signing him now?

Ok.. yes like perisic, we would have had a budget and the like.. with Zlatan coming off the wage books we change our targets.. that’s how it works.. things can change you know..

So..why are you getting so worked up about potentially signing him now?

Im not getting worked up, think he would be a great signing, but he def wanted to move to city in the summer. That is my original point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

It's pretty great when all we can argue about is signing Alexis Sanchez haha.

If he signs he signs but I really think we need someone to make a midfield 3 work.

If were signing Sanchez to play in behind lukaku that won't help our midfield. If we play him on left instead of martial or rashford I'd be disappointed long term especially if his form of this season wasn't improved on drastically.

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    It's pretty great when all we can argue about is signing Alexis Sanchez haha.

If he signs he signs but I really think we need someone to make a midfield 3 work.

If were signing Sanchez to play in behind lukaku that won't help our midfield. If we play him on left instead of martial or rashford I'd be disappointed long term especially if his form of this season wasn't improved on drastically.

Reckon he will be a replacement for Mhki/Mata on the right.. there seems to be a lot of talk about a push for Fred And even Dunc said that Jose will push for another midfielder to allow him to free up Pogba

Im not getting worked up, think he would be a great signing, but he def wanted to move to city in the summer. That is my original point

Fair enough, it reads like you are though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

He said he wanted to leave arsenal last summer and play champions league. At the same time city had a bid in for him. He also said he just needs to wait for arsenal to decide

Where'd he say that? Any links to quotes from him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Was there evidence ronaldo wanted to go to real when he was at united? No

What proof would you like? Something like: "I want to play for Real Madrid", would that do?

Because Ronaldo said that.

I want to play for Real Madrid

What proof would you like? Something like: "I want to play for Real Madrid", would that do?

Because Ronaldo said that.

Source?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Where'd he say that? Any links to quotes from him?

I posted a link a few pages back

Source?

Click the link that is in the post you just quoted.

Or Google it...

There was links to Lindelof from the January prior as we were trying to sign him then and Zlatan was very complementary.. must have just bypassed you :D

Ah yeah but I meant in the summer when we DID actually get him there wasnt as much of a circus and the club just announced done. There was more hype about his non signing in January than there was the actual signing haha.

• Advertisement

Such spoofing.

Such spoofing.

Sure everyone is spoofing apparently. How about we have a ban on talking about targets as its all spoof and just wait until they are signing a new contract beside jose. Keep everyone happy

Such spoofing.

Believe what you wish to believe buck, but I’m a transfer muppet :D

Actually we arent being linked to Grimaldo, has us actually signing Lindelöf broken the whole "Utd are always after Benfica player?" Garay for a few windows, then Gaitan, then Lindelöf, now silence.

Ah yeah but I meant in the summer when we DID actually get him there wasnt as much of a circus and the club just announced done. There was more hype about his non signing in January than there was the actual signing haha.

It was reported in the media that we were signing him 4/5 days before the club announced the transfer

Sure everyone is spoofing apparently. How about we have a ban on talking about targets as its all spoof and just wait until they are signing a new contract beside jose. Keep everyone happy

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

Sure everyone is spoofing apparently.

Speaking of which, was that Ronaldo quote enough evidence for you?

It was reported in the media that we were signing him 4/5 days before the club announced the transfer

Jaysus

latest?cb=20120218182603

not any memory of that

Speaking of which, was that Ronaldo quote enough evidence for you?

No. No link. Im on a phone

Believe what you wish to believe buck, but I’m a transfer muppet :D

Its not that, its the patronising muppet talking about transfers as if they are a horse race. "United are in the lead!!!" :rolleyes:

We all know negotiations are fluid in these matters, we all know it isn't True/false or Black/white, who do these guys think they are fooling?

No. No link. Im on a phone

You could have just put the words "I want to play for Madrid" into Google.

No matter, and no less than I expected.

• Advertisement

You could have just put the words "I want to play for Madrid" into Google.

No matter, and no less than I expected.

Yep did that, even added in ronaldo at the end. Nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Looks like city have briefed all the hacks that they are ready to walk away, even if it means United sign him.....could be just trying to call sanchezs bluff, we'll see......

Simon Stone
    @sistoney67
    Re Sanchez. @ManCity prepared to walk away rather than pay @Arsenal £35m + agent fee. He wants to come but does want to be at Arsenal on 1 Feb

Yep did that, even added in ronaldo at the end. Nothing

Well my Google provided a first result citing that quote strangely enough!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭xtal191

If Sanchez is so desperate to join City surely he'll refuse us and sign for City for free in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Actually we arent being linked to Grimaldo, has us actually signing Lindelöf broken the whole "Utd are always after Benfica player?" Garay for a few windows, then Gaitan, then Lindelöf, now silence.

I thought we were at some stage, maybe back in his Barca reserve days :confused:

Joao Mario in exchange for Mhiktaryn ? Yes please, Mario, Matic & Pogba as a central midfield trio :D

Every single article is from 2017!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Lot of journos going with this 'Pep or money' angle

https://twitter.com/GuillemBalague/status/951851391387136000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I'd be very surprised if United were even in for him in sure it was just fabricated.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Nice one Gary...

Gary Neville
    @GNev2
    4m4 minutes ago
    More Gary Neville Retweeted Guillem Balague
    You calling United Money Guillem? That’s twice today.. City have been wonderful this season but United did win 2 trophies last year and over the long term are a slightly bigger club ��

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Delboy5 wrote: »
    Nice one Gary...

Gary Neville
    @GNev2
    4m4 minutes ago
    More Gary Neville Retweeted Guillem Balague
    You calling United Money Guillem? That’s twice today.. City have been wonderful this season but United did win 2 trophies last year and over the long term are a slightly bigger club ��

What was Balague's original tweet that got that reply from Neville?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

The media’s hard on for Pep is nauseating

• Registered Users Posts: 5,929 ✭✭✭KH25

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    What was Balague's original tweet that got that reply from Neville?

The one above I believe.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Simon Stone of the BBC also reporting that City are willing to walk away, but that Sanchez wants to move now, and not wait till the summer.

As I said earlier, Stone is one I trust. if he's saying it, its not cause he's pulled that line from his ass. But it reads a lot like a City brief.

I'm not saying we are 100% in for him, but I do think a lack of rebuttals through United's sources shows there is smoke here. If we weren't in for him, I think you'd have had a full and proper briefing calling BS on this.

Call it mercurial or whatever, but we're proving we want him a lot more than City do if we offer the wages and the fee Arsenal want. Maybe that sense will encourage Sanchez.

KH25 wrote: »
    The one above I believe.

Ah didn't see it while reading the page, seen it now.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Simon Stone of the BBC also reporting that City are willing to walk away, but that Sanchez wants to move now, and not wait till the summer.

As I said earlier, Stone is one I trust. if he's saying it, its not cause he's pulled that line from his ass. But it reads a lot like a City brief.

I'm not saying we are 100% in for him, but I do think a lack of rebuttals through United's sources shows there is smoke here. If we weren't in for him, I think you'd have had a full and proper briefing calling BS on this.

Call it mercurial or whatever, but we're proving we want him a lot more than City do if we offer the wages and the fee Arsenal want. Maybe that sense will encourage Sanchez.

Okay given what's unfolded the last few hours, I'll raise my excitement a notch and post this from Dumb And Dumber.

psrez.jpg

Can you screenshot it to prove it??

Can you screenshot it to prove it??

Jaysus. Didnt know Google was so damn hard to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Jose presser at 5.30 will be an interesting one for sure

• Advertisement

Jaysus. Didnt know Google was so damn hard to use.

Marca. The madrid mouthpiece. "Reported to have said" enough said

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement