Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Thread..The Final Chapter of 17? (MOD WARNINGS IN OP)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Great result that

Tee hee at Chelsea

I'll save my teehees until Monday night ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

paddy power have suspended betting on sanchez to united....

I think it was in here where I saw it said before, I laughed, but there seems to be truth in it - Stoke giving themselves mad notions thinking that there is some sort of rivalry between them and United.

They have been known to punch above their weight against United, especially on their own turf. You would see them on a poor run against most other teams, then they'd beat us or make us feel lucky to get away with a draw.

Well, fúck that, no excuses on Monday night at Old Trafford. Even if Stoke have a new manager installed by then and have a bit of that 'new manager bounce' on their side, they are in complete disarray at the moment and need a spanking. At the very least...

Manchester United 17 - Stoke 0

Martial (2', 67')
    Lingard (5', 22', 25, 57)
    Lukaku (14', 48', 49')
    Pogba (35', 71')
    Mata (43', 63')
    Smalling (79')
    Rasford (83', 88')
    Shaqiri (90+3' OG)

No problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I think it was in here where I saw it said before, I laughed, but there seems to be truth in it - Stoke giving themselves mad notions thinking that there is some sort of rivalry between them and United.

They have been known to punch above their weight against United, especially on their own turf. You would see them on a poor run against most other teams, then they'd beat us or make us feel lucky to get away with a draw.

Well, fúck that, no excuses on Monday night at Old Trafford. Even if Stoke have a new manager installed by then and have a bit of that 'new manager bounce' on their side, they are in complete disarray at the moment and need a spanking. At the very least...

Martial (2', 67')
    Lukaku (14', 48', 49')
    Pogba (35', 71')
    Mata (43', 63')
    Smalling (79')
    Rasford (83', 88')
    Shaqiri (90+3' OG)

No problem.

You forgot Sanchez hat-trick after being unveiled at half time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Martial (2', 67')
    Lukaku (14', 48', 49')
    Pogba (35', 71')
    Mata (43', 63')
    Smalling (79')
    Rasford (83', 88')
    Shaqiri (90+3' OG)

No problem.

You've had a few sherries, ya have? Here's hoping :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

bangkok wrote:

Source...
    Cos I'd not believe it for a second

I remember that happened a lot in 2010 for
    Sneijder
    Ozil
    Kheidera

And at other times for
    Gaitan
    Garay

Not having a go at you mate just the notion of betting suspended

astradave wrote: »
    You forgot Sanchez hat-trick after being unveiled at half time

Would be class, but I was trying to keep somewhat realistic :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

bangkok wrote: »

Source?!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I wouldn't mind if United bid £200 million in the summer for Harry Kane, he is the best striker around.

duffman13 wrote: »
    You've had a few sherries, ya have? Here's hoping :)

Just a bit of craic of a Saturday evening. No sherries yet, no 17-0, but still 3 points is highly expected on Monday night.

Btw, look at you taking the WW world by storm. You sure you were a newb just a few months ago? :D

• Advertisement

Screenshot of the source and story? I can't Google I'm on my phone :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

It's means nothing really, those players markets are dirt.
    PP probably do it to get a bit of notice.

Still be great if it was done n dusted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

RobertKK wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind if United bid £200 million in the summer for Harry Kane, he is the best striker around.

Would be a great signing but I've never quite understood why people would care how much any player was and how much they were on.

Want the best you'll have to dig deep, especially these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Because at the end of the day it's the fans who are paying for these astronomical transfer fees and wages. Whether it's ticket prices, official merchandise or sports channel subscriptions the money is indirectly coming from the average Joe.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Because at the end of the day it's the fans who are paying for these astronomical transfer fees and wages. Whether it's ticket prices, official merchandise or sports channel subscriptions the money is indirectly coming from the average Joe.

Hmmmm or some one that loves chicken noodles or buying nexen tyres for your car..

Just a bit of craic of a Saturday evening. No sherries yet, no 17-0, but still 3 points is highly expected on Monday night.

Btw, look at you taking the WW world by storm. You sure you were a newb just a few months ago? :D

Haha think we played our first game together pal, i need a break though, way too much time last week went into scheming. It's too feckin addictive

Haha anyone see darren ferguson talking about refferies? Said they are too unfit and then was asked what should the FA do about it he replied "shoot them"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

RobertKK wrote: »

Exactly. Forget about Grizeman, Bale etc. Whatever he costs United should b all over it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,175 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Why are the pages shagged again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/TeleFootball/status/952255497851285504

"United may have to pay £10 million in agent fees to land Sanchez".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Meh that was always going to be the case for whoever got him.. it’s the way the game is these days..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Until the fees are illegal then so be it. Players and reps/brokers are right to look for their cut of these massive deals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I’m sure Sanchez agent would rather he ran down his contract and walked away for free in the summer where the agent and Sanchez would split the “transfer fee” aswell as the signing on bonus. To make this deal happen in this window you can bet your life the agent will get a nice chunk as he won’t want to miss his own payday

This journo says Sanchez to United is a done deal.

https://twitter.com/DiegoMSport/status/952273775860609025

• Advertisement

No blue tick he is a spoofer bill.

jayo26 wrote: »
    No blue tick he is a spoofer bill.

Idiot aswell. He claims Barca are still after Arthur :pac:

3cnscCZ.gif

pjohnson wrote: »
    Idiot aswell. He claims Barca are still after Arthur :pac:

Exactly not a hope in hell will Harry Arter join barcelona this january.

Blue tick missing
    Tut tut

• Advertisement

Haha think we played our first game together pal, i need a break though, way too much time last week went into scheming. It's too feckin addictive

Yes, far too addictive once you're in there. That's why I just couldn't do it this week. You're some schemer in fairness, I aspire to be at that level someday! And look at the big wolfy head on LordTSC for yet another game. Ah, something about 'true colours' and all that :pac:

That would be some bit of work for the agent if he got that out of a £25m-£30m transfer. Just insane. Have to say though, if it bags us Alexis Sanchez in this window I won't have much concern. Sure, as a fan the club's finances are important to keep an eye on, but this would be considered a star signing and a necessary one.

Say £30m to Arsenal for the transfer, £10m to the agent and another £10m-£15m to Sanchez as a signing on bonus. Look, none of this is right, these fees in football have long gone to fúck, but I would have no concerns about the club spending around £50m to sign Alexis Sanchez in this window.

I know there are his wages which are another expense, but we don't normally include wages in this discussion when we're talking about the fee of signing a player. I imagine with Zlatan destined for other pastures at the end of the season, at the latest, that will free up a few hundred grand per week and help balance out for the year whatever high wages Sanchez would be on.

I hope we do this, I hope we can do this. It makes a lot of sense. Good for the rest of the season, but would also be a great 'head-start' to some important changes which are required by the start of next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Maybe I'm a complete tick but what is WW?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

yabadabado wrote: »
    Maybe I'm a complete tick but what is WW?

Werewolf, it's a game that runs on Boards..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Hmmm a left back? A fellaini/carrick replacement, and a striker/sanchez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭SteM

From the same press conference:

"Our squad was built not to have new players in January. We built a squad with this idea, this philosophy that I share with [executive vice-chairman] Mr Woodward and the owners, that normally investment is made in the summer," he explained to reporters.

"The balance of the squad is made in the summer, unless you have a dramatic situation with a crazy number of injuries and you are pushed for emergency deals. But sometimes it can happen: on the table there's a fantastic opportunity and you fight for that opportunity.

"If it happens, it happens; if it doesn't happen, it doesn't. But I like my squad, I like my players; the more time I spend with them, the more I like them. And this week [in Dubai] was also good to be sure of that."

I won't be getting my hopes up.

If Sanchez arrives I'd say Zlatan is definitely off to America/China.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Cotts72

pjohnson wrote: »
    If Sanchez arrives I'd say Zlatan is definitely off to America/China.
    I reckon he will stay until the summer particularly while we still have champions league and it realistically being his final chance to play in it. Sanchez can operate behind the striker or in a front 3

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/952309569769869312

"We like our squad, we believe in our squad – it's just about improving it in a balanced way."

Jose Mourinho discusses the January transfer market".

• Advertisement

Every one of tomorrow's papers are going with Sanchez to United, each with their own spin on it.

OK Im starting to get pulled in :o

Every one of tomorrow's papers are going with Sanchez to United, each with their own spin on it.

Did not do it to yourselves folks
    Trust in future guy
    We are not signing Sanchez....

Hold it together Mick, it's the papers, on a Sunday! It's all bollocks....... I think

Hold it together Mick, it's the papers, on a Sunday! It's all bollocks....... I think

Very good point, this match on a Monday lark is making gullible

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Accurate?

tumblr_o5cdykO1Kd1qdug0jo1_250.gif

keACW9Th.jpg

Good man Moyes, don't ever change your style when signing players.

"West Ham are monitoring the Fellaini contract talks."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Times are rolling with it

brinty wrote: »
    Did not do it to yourselves folks
    Trust in future guy
    We are not signing Sanchez....

Unless he tells us himself I’m not having it!

• Advertisement

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Unless he tells us himself I’m not having it!
    FutureGuy wrote: »
    We are not signing Sanchez.

:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement