Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Thread..The Final Chapter of 17? (MOD WARNINGS IN OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭SteM

pjohnson wrote: »
    At Liverpool he won trophies?

I'm pretty sure you know the answer. He has come a lot closer to winning trophies at Liverpool than Holloway ever did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Ah here fine. Klopp is the new tactical genius then. Controlled the game from start to finish.

Nobody said that either.

You said he was the german ian holloway which was complete bullsh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Ah here fine. Klopp is the new tactical genius then. Controlled the game from start to finish.

Always one extreme or the other with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

You know there's an inbetween of Holloway and a tactical genuis. We don't need to speak in extremes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,174 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

bangkok wrote: »
    Nobody said that either.

You said he was the german ian holloway which was complete bullsh1t

Pep must be sad you gave up on him so fast.

Pep must be sad you gave up on him so fast.

Well done on moving the goalposts

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Is this becoming the Liverpool thread or what ffs ..

Jesus. Must remember to only bash Mourinho in the United thread. Every other manager deserves praise.

Doubt Alexis wil be announced today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 375 ✭✭Tylerdurex

Would Leon Goretzka be a good signing?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Jesus. Must remember to only bash Mourinho in the United thread. Every other manager deserves praise.

Probably be Tuesday at the earliest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

The snap chat is fake lads.. just throwing that out there :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

If Lukaku is anything to go by, I might be in the market for edible objects, such as hats if anyone can advise.

Is that Snapchat really from him?

He will get his wrist slapped for that you’d imagine.

Snapchat?

Do I really wanna know haha

adox wrote: »
    Is that Snapchat really from him?

He will get his wrist slapped for that you’d imagine.

Nah it’s fake, his snapchat username is Romelu.lukaku10

Snapchat?

Why are you going to compare it to MySpace? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I think Mkhitaryan to Arsenal if it happens could work out well - given how little he has featured recently, he seems to have gone way down the pecking order, and I imagine his resale value would not be great as a result, even in today's inflated prices. He is still worth 30m though, so surely there would not be much cash going to Arsenal over and above the player.

Tylerdurex wrote: »
    Would Leon Goretzka be a good signing?

He would be yeah, unfortunately he’s off to Bayern

Shíte. My boards just went to "responsive" I think. Drink and touchscreen bad mix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Snapchat?

Don’t use it myself but saw it elsewhere. Allegedly from Lukaku with an image of a Chilean flag and an arrow beside it pointing to a red devil.

Most likely fake you would think.

Edit. Dave posting above that it is fake. Or is he?

Double edit. Yes he is.

• Advertisement

adox wrote: »
    Don’t use it myself but saw it elsewhere. Allegedly from Lukaku with an image of a Chilean flag and an arrow beside it pointing to a red devil.

Most likely fake you would think.

Edit. Dave posting above that it is fake. Or is he?

If you look at his Twitter it gives his snapchat username in the header

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

I'm sure if you said Mourinho was just a Portuguese equivalent of a championship manager you would get the same tone of response but larger in quantity.

And regarding Sanchez I'm still torn on what way it's going to go. The sooner it's announced where he's going the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

The media I pay attention to are making quite a big deal of Moratas barren run. Highlighting that he could be buckling under the physical and mental pressure of being the first choice centre forward for the first time.

Equally I feel its unanimous that Lacazette is having a poor season but people are rightly willing to give him some time given he's new to the league.

Has José built this everybody vs United mentality or was it always there and it's just more prominent now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

S.M.B. wrote: »
    The media I pay attention to are making quite a big deal of Moratas barren run. Highlighting that he could be buckling under the physical and mental pressure of being the first choice centre forward for the first time.

Equally I feel its unanimous that Lacazette is having a poor season but people are rightly willing to give him some time given he's new to the league.

Has José built this everybody vs United mentality or was it always there and it's just more prominent now.

No he hasn't built it... It's there because most people can see the difference in what's reported about United in comparison to other clubs.

It's even same here tonight Bangkok calling someone out for a stupid comparison yes it was a bit stupid but not totally wrong but we have to read through pages of hyperbole crap from certain posters here weekly reguards our own manager.

It would be a much more pleasant place if he was cut a bit of slack the same as other managers are especially in on light of what he has actually achieved and that he has already actually won trophies no matter how much they are belittled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

So it has come about as a byproduct of Mourinho being at the club as opposed to a direct result of his actions?

Maybe over the past 18 months he's just amplified what's always been there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

They spent plenty of time discussing and criticising Lacazette's drought today on commentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

astradave wrote: »

What are the odds he pulls a Van Persie now and say the little boy in him was always dreaming of going to United?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Lads could y'all get a grip
    We're not signing Sanchez... Alexis.. Renato or Davidson.... any of them will not be joining us...
    please don't continue to delude yourselves...
    It's not happening...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I would also dream of playing for utd with that money lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

brinty wrote: »
    Lads could y'all get a grip
    We're not signing Sanchez... Alexis.. Renato or Davidson.... any of them will not be joining us...
    please don't continue to delude yourselves...
    It's not happening...

What? We have a great chance. It could already be done.

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    What? We have a great chance. It could already be done.

Its not it is never happening. I'm with brinty on this people need to take off their Strawman hats and stop been snowflakes and stop clutching and straws and realise he is joining man city and will never ever sign for us.

#Mugs

• Souness is some lemon
    **** me

Lads, ye are just pale imitations of the real hero of the United thread...

I’d love for United to sue him for saying that they are engaging in illegal activities.. would be very fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,929 ✭✭✭KH25

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Souness is some lemon
    **** me

He comes across as such a bitter man its not even funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

I suspect the signing will be announced tonight, quotes from Jose.

astradave wrote: »
    Lads, ye are just pale imitations of the real hero of the United thread...

We not allowed mention kate upton around her unless something is official...

KH25 wrote: »
    He comes across as such a bitter man its not even funny.

Id love to know why.. i know there is a rivalary and all that but his hatred goes above and beyond anything like that.

It's like he woke up one morning and went to kitchen to catch fred the red pissing in his form flakes he just hates everything about the club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

jayo26 wrote:
    We not allowed mention kate upton around her unless something is official...

Or Anna,Scarlett,Jennifer,Rachel or Hayley

• Advertisement

brinty wrote: »
    Or Anna,Scarlett,Jennifer,Rachel or Hayley

Ohh brinty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Souness is some lemon
    **** me

They should have asked him about the first time Liverpool tried to sign VVD. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

S.M.B. wrote: »

For me there is a really odd reaction to Lukaku and I don't think he gets a fair crack of it in the media at all. Not sure why it is, I guess the transfer fee plays a part and also the size of the club relative to Chelsea with Morata, but I'm not sure that is the whole reason either.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

"I think it’s dead now. Not able to confirm it just yet (I’ll do an article if I can) but it sounds like it’s over." - Sam Lee

https://twitter.com/Sammy_Goal/status/952632659389353991

Lee is Tier 1 for City news.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

A lot of chatter about Aubmayang to Arsenal, and soon. Guessing he's the immediate Sanchez replacement.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    "I think it’s dead now. Not able to confirm it just yet (I’ll do an article if I can) but it sounds like it’s over." - Sam Lee

https://twitter.com/Sammy_Goal/status/952632659389353991

Lee is Tier 1 for City news.

He means the chase is over they have got him.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    A lot of chatter about Aubmayang to Arsenal, and soon. Guessing he's the immediate Sanchez replacement.

That can’t be all coming from Balagues tweet.. he was dropped today as he was late for training

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I always wondered why Aubmayang was still at Dortmund but I can see why. His attitude stinks.

I think that's like the 2-3rd time missing training/meetings

Headshot wrote: »
    I always wondered why Aubmayang was still at Dortmund but I can see why. His attitude sinks.

I think that's like the 2-3rd time missing training/meetings

Ah that’s what it was.. It was a team meeting he missed not training.. I was racking my brains over that ha

• Advertisement

In fairness, he is saying that tapping up happens the whole time, but how its gone from city being firm favourites and him wanting to join city to all of a sudden utd coming in from nowhere and its looking like he will join them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement