Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Thread..The Final Chapter of 17? (MOD WARNINGS IN OP)

Comments

• bangkok wrote: »
    In fairness, he is saying that tapping up happens the whole time, but how its gone from city being firm favourites and him wanting to join city to all of a sudden utd coming in from nowhere and its looking like he will join them.

No he's talking ****e, he wouldn't have said it if it were any other club involved

He's the most bitter, biased pundit on Sky Sports

At least with Carragher and Neville are involved they push rivalries aside and try to be objective

• Here's an even bigger lemon

Embarrassing stuff

https://twitter.com/GuillemBalague/status/952600582530961408

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

bangkok wrote:
    In fairness, he is saying that tapping up happens the whole time, but how its gone from city being firm favourites and him wanting to join city to all of a sudden utd coming in from nowhere and its looking like he will join them.

We're not signing Sanchez people
    Please don't get lured in

jayo26 wrote: »
    Its not it is never happening. I'm with brinty on this people need to take off their Strawman hats and stop been snowflakes and stop clutching and straws and realise he is joining man city and will never ever sign for us.

#Mugs

You forgot hyperbole...

No bingo im afraid

M!Ck^ wrote:
    Here's an even bigger lemon

Embarrassing stuff

Who is he and how is he even credible...
    I'd trust Bangkok quicker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,174 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Do the lads have edible hats ready just incase we get news tomorow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    No he's talking ****e, he wouldn't have said it if it were any other club involved

He's the most bitter, biased pundit on Sky Sports

At least with Carragher and Neville are involved they push rivalries aside and try to be objective

Did you see the whole interview or just that clip?

He said it himself, tapping up players happened years ago, still happens and will always happen.

pjohnson wrote:
    Do the lads have edible hats ready just incase we get news tomorow?

Edible hats????
    And which lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

brinty wrote: »
    Edible hats????
    And which lads

At least one poster (possibly jayo26???) said they'll eat a hat if we sign Sanchez :P

• Advertisement

pjohnson wrote:
    At least one poster (possibly jayo26???) said they'll eat a hat if we sign Sanchez

I'll eat a nacho hat like Homer...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭irishchris

Yep read that on sky few minutes ago. Delighted for him as he needed to start somewhere and was looking like his time for a big job may have passed with him being so choosey as to his next club

Actually fúck me sideways we're hardly gunna go Barca style??

Announce Sanchez in the morning then parade him in the #7 jersey before k/o????

I'm feeling tingly

pjohnson wrote: »
    Actually fúck me sideways we're hardly gunna go Barca style??

Announce Sanchez in the morning then parade him in the #7 jersey before k/o????

I'm feeling tingly

Grab a cold shower would ye... it’s not happening :rolleyes:

brinty wrote: »
    Grab a cold shower would ye... it’s not happening :rolleyes:

Only if Anna is there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

I am fully convinced we’re signing Sanchez lads, it’s happening.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

City seem to be briefing they're out of the Sanchez deal, trying to push the narrative they've turned down Sanchez rather than Sanchez opted for us over them.

https://twitter.com/sammy_goal/status/952665815454830598

City have pulled the plug on Alexis

Was all agreed with the agent but he told them United are offering more. Their response: “ok, bye then.”

Guardiola on board with this as Alexis is open to the United move, such is his desperation to leave Arsenal.

https://twitter.com/Sammy_Goal/status/952666333606531077

Alexis wants/wanted to play for Guardiola but is open to the idea of United. Guardiola’s taken that as proof that he’s not 100% committed to City, so he’s happy to move on. Alexis refusing to sign for United was City’s best chance of getting him this month, but that won’t happen

https://twitter.com/Sammy_Goal/status/952656287195713536

Nah the sources are fine, or at least I still trust them and trust myself! City were in for him but United have scuppered it. It’s not that City were never in for him. Same as Alves, these things happen. Which is **** for City and for me!

Lord TSC wrote: »
    City seem to be briefing they're out of the Sanchez deal, trying to push the narrative they've turned down Sanchez rather than Sanchez opted for us over them.

Was all agreed with the agent but he told them United are offering more. Their response: “ok, bye then.”

Guardiola on board with this as Alexis is open to the United move, such is his desperation to leave Arsenal.

Alexis wants/wanted to play for Guardiola but is open to the idea of United. Guardiola’s taken that as proof that he’s not 100% committed to City, so he’s happy to move on. Alexis refusing to sign for United was City’s best chance of getting him this month, but that won’t happen

Nah the sources are fine, or at least I still trust them and trust myself! City were in for him but United have scuppered it. It’s not that City were never in for him. Same as Alves, these things happen. Which is **** for City and for me!

Scarlett time?

Jose keen to tie down De Gea to a long term contract.

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/952671568437628928

We are signing Sanchez and Chelsea are going for Andy Carroll......how does Morata feel now.

• Advertisement

Only if Anna is there
    Scarlett time?

Leave my girls alone pjohnson you’re not part of my ladies management team and will not be given permission or access to them without my express approval in written form forthwith and under the terms of agreement

Hands eyes and thoughts off them...

Just ask jayo26 what happens when you don’t have permission

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

So seems we were after him as far back as April

https://twitter.com/sport_witness/status/952668715258085376

We are signing Sanchez and Chelsea are going for Andy Carroll......how does Morata feel now.

It strikes me the one thing Morata is shining at is scoring with his head...so why are they looking for another alternative whose main advantage is his height? Surely they should be after an alternative, rather than another gut to head the ball?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

At least one poster (possibly jayo26???) said they'll eat a hat if we sign Sanchez :P

Am I correct in saying Jayo already owes us a hat? I vaguely recall someone last year saying they'd eat their hat if we signed possibly Pogba.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Jose keen to tie down De Gea to a long term contract.

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/952671568437628928

Make him the best paid player at the club. The guy bloody deserves it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Well city have pulled out of the deal, we are offering much more and they wont match us. Sanchez hasnt much choice but to sign for us unless he wants to wait until summer but than looks like its not happening now.

We beat City to the signature or they pulled out you can spin whatever narrative you feel like but at the end of the day it all means the same thing

Have to say that first Sam Lee tweet with the ok,bye then sounded liked a right immature teen response...
    everyone knows city can out spend us and anyone not named PSG
    if they really want the deal they can blow us out if the water... and still can
    If Sanchez really wanted to go there and made that clear they’d have a deal wrapped up
    Wages and signing on are you of no concern to city given their spending under Pep and the savings made by not getting him last summer

..trying to put it back on Sanchez just sounds like sour grapes ��

and saying we’re offering more just smacks of the poor us.... as if...

Ain’t gonna wash with anyone

So city pull out after it’s reported he is going to United.. mad eh :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Personally, I think that Pep just isn't that concerned with Sanchez. He probably appreciates him as a good player and would probably take him if it was a straightforward deal, but I suspect his long term plans didn't include Sanchez and so he just isn't losing any sleep over getting him or not.

Personally, I think that Pep just isn't that concerned with Sanchez. He probably appreciates him as a good player and would probably take him if it was a straightforward deal, but I suspect his long term plans didn't include Sanchez and so he just isn't losing any sleep over getting him or not.

Yeap. And Sanchez opted for the club who valued him the most, be that financially, in terms of game time, etc. We're desperate for him, and he'll be adored at OT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭secman

Delighted if we sign Sanchez, won't count chickens till I see him in United shirt and pen in hand signing contract.

Yeap. And Sanchez opted for the club who valued him the most, be that financially, in terms of game time, etc. We're desperate for him, and he'll be adored at OT.

And the number 7 jersey :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

This is gonna be like the falcao deal if he signs, the media will fluctuate his wages every week in the paper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I don't. They've still only lost one game (which they scored three goals in) and are miles ahead of everyone else. They will be annoyed by the loss, but it's not going to cause a panic. They were always going to lose a game at some point.

Aye, and as well as Liverpool took their chances they were some gifts! Very unusual from city that level of sloppiness in the passing even with no pressure on.

I wanted Liverpool smashed, but watching it I just couldn't help but smile. Enjoyed seeing city **** themselves over so this stupid 'best team in the universe shtick can be done with

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Some positives to the Alexis signing. Gets 5 months to gel with the team. As well as a break & full pre-season seeing as Chile didn't make the World Cup in Russia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Ronaldo :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,929 ✭✭✭KH25

RVD420 wrote: »
    Ronaldo :rolleyes:
    It’s not a transfer window without a Ronaldo rumour!

If we are still after Moura I guess Zlat must be off then??

Hopefully we can move on Mkhitaryan and Darmain now

• Well? better be some sexy news this morning!!

Yeah, I want to see Kate Upton in her nunkini from the three stooges movie when Sanchez is confirmed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Well? better be some sexy news this morning!!

Yep, Ronnie wants to come "home"

Some mileage after being got out of that ****e for what is it now? Bout 7 years?

He owes them newspapers nothing boy I tell you that anyway!

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Delighted to see giggs get the Wales job hope he does well for himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Fred seems to be more strongly linked with City as opposed to us at the moment. Shame as it looks like he'd be a really good fit for our midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

jayo26 wrote: »
    Delighted to see giggs get the Wales job hope he does well for himself.

Great player, but it will be interesting how he does as a manager. Also wonder what the Wales fans will think of his appointment. I know many weren't happy with him due to him (or rather Fergie) deciding to only really play a game if it was a competitive one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Im Sure they will firget everyrhing if he starts off with some wins.

Their friendlies schedule over the summer will be very important for momentum for him love to see him doing well.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement