Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Thread..The Final Chapter of 17? (MOD WARNINGS IN OP)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Still trying.

tumblr_mtsuz4crAk1ry46hlo1_r1_400.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

jayo26 wrote: »
    Im Sure they will firget everyrhing if he starts off with some wins.

Their friendlies schedule over the summer will be very important for momentum for him love to see him doing well.

That depends on whether he shows up to them! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I can't wish Giggs well at all, for all that he should be a club legend, I just cant respect anybody who treats his family in that way.

That aside, I also think he will turn out to be a poor coach, he certainly didn't show much in his time coaching United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,173 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Media be heartbroken when Ronaldo retires

pjohnson wrote: »
    Media be heartbroken when Ronaldo retires

They'll focus on which team his sons will play for then.

We'll still be linked :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

FutureGuy wrote: »
    We are not signing Sanchez.

Ah lads. Come on. I posted this a number of days ago. Do any of ye actually trust me at all here? You have wasted your fcuking weekends speculating on a transfer that isn't going to happen.

40 of you thanked this post ffs. Do "thanks" mean anything anymore?

He'll be wearing sky blue by the end of the week. Bookmark this.

• ^As if Monday wasn't buzzkill enough

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    ^As if Monday wasn't buzzkill enough

Sometimes the truth is hard.

• FutureGuy wrote: »
    Sometimes the truth is hard.

No thanks for you :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭54and56

^As if Monday wasn't buzzkill enough

This will cheer you up Mick

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bd57LgfH3tX/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

:D

https://twitter.com/doc_joshi/status/952819580703035392

Edit: for those in work
    Alexis Sanchez rejecting City is so out of character. Watching the likes of Richard Dunne, Steve Lomas, Niall Quinn & Paul Dickov was the reason he got into football in the first place. Now he's betraying all of that to go to some unknown club *just* for the money. Disgraceful.

Anyone who knows Alexis will tell you it was his dream to follow trailblazers like Robinho, Jo, Santa Cruz, Balotelli, De Jong and the rest of them who all played for free and joined for a higher purpose. Look at them now. Spending no money and dominating the league. Incredible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Ha ha, brilliant.

https://twitter.com/Doc_Joshi/status/952818223795331072

"Alexis Sanchez rejecting City is so out of character. Watching the likes of Richard Dunne, Steve Lomas, Niall Quinn & Paul Dickov was the reason he got into football in the first place. Now he's betraying all of that to go to some unknown club *just* for the money. Disgraceful".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Paris St-Germain midfielder Lucas Moura, 25, has been linked with Manchester United and says: "Unfortunately, it's the end for me in Paris. I like the English championship." (Express)

Jeez Lucas, you're better than that. Surely you can play at a higher level ........ chin up son :P

Ha ha, brilliant.

https://twitter.com/Doc_Joshi/status/952818223795331072

"Alexis Sanchez rejecting City is so out of character. Watching the likes of Richard Dunne, Steve Lomas, Niall Quinn & Paul Dickov was the reason he got into football in the first place. Now he's betraying all of that to go to some unknown club *just* for the money. Disgraceful".

Ooops ;) are you trying to make a name for yourself around here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I do think Ronaldo wants to return to United.
    There has been talk for a while he isn’t getting on great with Florentino Perez.
    I am not sure United want him back though, there has been talk that Ronaldo wants Madrid to have him priced under 100 million so he can leave Madrid for United or PSG as he supposedly wants out.

Whether this is just talk I don’t know, but the talk of unhappiness at Madrid has been persistent for a while now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Years,it has been consistent for years.

Tends to peak around January and July for some odd reason....

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

astradave wrote: »
    Ooops ;) are you trying to make a name for yourself around here :D

I better not post the Oliver Holt tweets so,just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Years,it has been consistent for years.

Tends to peak around January and July for some odd reason....

His form in La Liga is just 4 goals this season out of 14 games.
    His CL form is Ronaldo form 9 goals in 6 games.
    I was reading about him wanting a United return near every month since his tax issues in court became headlines during the summer.
    I agree with the scepticism as we have been here so often. Things can change though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,370 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

If we sign Sanchez, I can't see is going for Ronaldo or Moura.

After his bitterness yesterday Souness caps it all and goes full RAWK by saying that VVD is "their best CB since Hansen". All that after playing against an Everton team that would find it hard to score in a brothel.

• Advertisement

If we sign Sanchez, I can't see is going for Ronaldo or Moura.

Moura to United could be still on if the news this morning is anything to go by. We are still short of a right winger.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'd say its way, way more likely we see Ronaldo move to PSG if Real go after Neymar tbh.

I can't believe I'm saying this but i think Ronnie's time to return to us is about to pass, especially if we get Sanchez. I wouldn't want to displace Lukaku or Martial for him, and I'd rather have Ozil and Sanchez up with them. We could go after Ronnie if we were dominating, or if we we in a position to let hearts rule heads, but the reality is now we've got to fire on all cylinders next year like never before, and I feel the other options right now are just more likely to do that.

I'm sad he never got that big return, and frustrated he's used us every six months for the last 4 years to get pay rises. But we've moved on fully and completly now, and the window has shut for him imo...

Moura to United could be still on if the news this morning is anything to go by. We are still short of a right winger.

Thats the position I think/hope Sanchez is going to take. Unless we are specifically signing Moura to sit on the bench a lot.

Also, can we give some credit here to Woodward, who for the second window in a row appears to have capitalized on the dithering by a direct rival to sign someone who looked certain to be a star signing for them? Lukaku in the summer and now Sanchez (apparently).

A little off topic but with all the football transfer rumours and speculation we see I'm surprised there hasn't been more about Thorgan Hazard.

Chelsea may have a buy back clause, but don't see him being linked elsewhere (beside Chelsea) despite how good he has been. Would love to have him join us, wonder if he had a good relationship with José when he was at Chelsea, I'd say Eden may have soured it anyway if they did :P

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Also, can we give some credit here to Woodward, who for the second window in a row appears to have capitalized on the dithering by a direct rival to sign someone who looked certain to be a star signing for them? Lukaku in the summer and now Sanchez (apparently).

I'd hold off on congratulating him for that one till it's announced :P

We've been tricked before.

Starting to get the muppet shakes! They better hurry up, me bleedin nerves are shot! Especially with Casyles latest tweet saying that city need to move now if they still want him

tumblr_mqzs60NhLM1s1uqd4o1_500.gif

Thats the position I think/hope Sanchez is going to take. Unless we are specifically signing Moura to sit on the bench a lot.

Yeah I cant see Sanchez NOT starting RW for us. He might end matches up top with Rashford/Mata coming for Lukaku and going RW but I dont see him going on the left. Jose seems quite happy sharing that between Martial and Rashford.

Starting to get the muppet shakes! They better hurry up, me bleedin nerves are shot! Especially with Casyles latest tweet saying that city need to move now if they still want him

tumblr_mqzs60NhLM1s1uqd4o1_500.gif

Maybe we will do an Everton and announce him at H/T tonight!

Would be great to announce it today and have him at Old Trafford tonight.

Mainly, just get it announced.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Your caught hook line and sinker.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Your caught hook line and sinker.

XgxOw.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

For all we know the Sanchez deal is done and Mkhitaryan to Arsenal is being trashed out. Arsenal will want a player coming in as Sanchez goes because their fans will be seething. Maybe the Aubameyang rumour is true too.

Just seems like Sanchez is all but announced so whats holding it up? Hopefully not because City are still at the table.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

GSPfan wrote: »
    For all we know the Sanchez deal is done and Mkhitaryan to Arsenal is being trashed out. Arsenal will want a player coming in as Sanchez goes because their fans will be seething. Maybe the Aubameyang rumour is true too.

Just seems like Sanchez is all but announced so whats holding it up? Hopefully not because City are still at the table.
    The longer it goes without been confirmed the more chances of them swooping in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Lambert the new Stoke manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Sanchez will play tonight

Or not

• Martial to Arsenal showing up again

hahahahahahahahaha, Arsenal nursery rhymes are funny

Sanchez will play tonight

Or not

Even if we signed him today would we be able to play him?

I know for Saturday and Sunday matches he would have to have been registered by 12pm on Friday. Does that carry to Monday night games (same match day) or is it purely a 'we don't work on weekends' thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Cotts72

GSPfan wrote: »

I don't agree with 30mill +Mkyhitarian, if anything they should be swapping ozil for him. regardless ill be delighted with Sanchez however they choose to get him in

• Advertisement

• Sounds to me Miki is not part of any deal yet

"Earlier in the press conference, Mourinho admitted Henrikh Mkhitaryan is set to play against Stoke when asked about the Armenian’s future and reports that he may move away from Old Trafford.

“My approach to players is that every player has a price,” the boss said. “It doesn't matter who he is, it doesn't matter the level, the prestige, the status. I think every player has a price. I'm not the kind of blind manager. Blind in the sense of this player is untouchable, that this player we can never sell.

“I think every player has a price. So when the transfer window is open, it's also open for any club that is interested in our players, then it is up to us to make a decision: yes or no. It's up to us to decide what we think is the right price.

“But Mkhitaryan, he played the last match in the cup and probably will play the next one. So it's a little bit the same in relation to other players who are involved in this gossip of the transfer window. He is our player. He's a very good player. Saturday he is training, Sunday selected and Monday play."

Even if we signed him today would we be able to play him?

I know for Saturday and Sunday matches he would have to have been registered by 12pm on Friday. Does that carry to Monday night games (same match day) or is it purely a 'we don't work on weekends' thing?

I brought this up before the Everton and Liverpool game, the game week is originally a Saturday so you have to be registered by 12noon the day before the game week starts.. if the game is then moved, in the FA’s eyes it’s still a Saturday so you have to be registered before 12 on the Friday. So if you are playing on a Friday you can be registered before 12 and still play that night, the Friday stays the same the full game week from Friday thru Monday.

Martial to Arsenal showing up again

Buy Sanchez and Ozil

Sell them Martial

Bring Ronaldo home

:pac:
    Lukaku
    Ronaldo - Ozil - Sanchez

Buy Sanchez and Ozil

Sell them Martial

Bring Ronaldo home

Lukaku
    Ronaldo - Ozil - Sanchez

Are you shadowcomplex in disguise :pac:

You have gone full muppet

Never go full muppet

Martial to Arsenal showing up again

I can imagine that phone call. "Hello Ed, we'd like Martial in exchange for Sanchez".

"Well Arsene,you can suck on my right nut if you think that's happening,how about Mikhitryan, he's skillful,fast but mentally weak. He'd fit right in at Arsenal".

Never go full muppet

Ah now be fair he didnt replace Lukaku with Greizmann and put Ronaldo up top. Hes only 85% muppet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Buy Sanchez and Ozil

Sell them Martial

Bring Ronaldo home

Lukaku
    Ronaldo - Ozil - Sanchez

At the risk of being hugely controversial, I'd rather hold onto Martial than get Ronaldo back at this stage. Love Ronaldo and my favourite player of all time but I think Martial can be huge for us aswell and would rather not make short sighted moves like that

Sounds to me Miki is not part of any deal yet

"Earlier in the press conference, Mourinho admitted Henrikh Mkhitaryan is set to play against Stoke when asked about the Armenian’s future and reports that he may move away from Old Trafford.

“My approach to players is that every player has a price,” the boss said. “It doesn't matter who he is, it doesn't matter the level, the prestige, the status. I think every player has a price. I'm not the kind of blind manager. Blind in the sense of this player is untouchable, that this player we can never sell.

“I think every player has a price. So when the transfer window is open, it's also open for any club that is interested in our players, then it is up to us to make a decision: yes or no. It's up to us to decide what we think is the right price.

“But Mkhitaryan, he played the last match in the cup and probably will play the next one. So it's a little bit the same in relation to other players who are involved in this gossip of the transfer window. He is our player. He's a very good player. Saturday he is training, Sunday selected and Monday play."
    Whether he is part of a deal for Sanchez or not (I suspect not), I reckon United would accept any reasonable bid for him this window.

The Martial links are coming from James Olley, who writes for the Standard.. he already had no credibility before that post and he will have none after it too :D

Never go full muppet

Too late.
    tenor.gif?itemid=9589482

WAIT! I forgot Neymar. I need to figure that bit out for when we spend 400m on him.

Lukaku
    Neymar - Ronaldo - Sanchez
    Pogba - Ozil
    duffman13 wrote: »
    At the risk of being hugely controversial, I'd rather hold onto Martial than get Ronaldo back at this stage. Love Ronaldo and my favourite player of all time but I think Martial can be huge for us aswell and would rather not make short sighted moves like that

Nope, I agree 100%. Said it earlier, that ship has sailed now.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement