Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Thread..The Final Chapter of 17? (MOD WARNINGS IN OP)

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

M!Ck^ wrote: »

How can any scribe come up with links to Miki but not mention Sven Mislintat who is head of recruitment at Arsenal (formerly of Dortmund)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Martial would probably tell Arsenal to feck off himself. Imagine going to a club that's staring a future of midtable mediocrity in the face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,173 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I keep checking the clubs twitter on the hour to see if theres any tweet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Buy Sanchez and Ozil

Sell them Martial

Bring Ronaldo home

:pac:
    Lukaku
    Ronaldo - Ozil - Sanchez

ronaldo

martial
    ozil
    sanchez

now your talking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

astradave wrote: »
    I brought this up before the Everton and Liverpool game, the game week is originally a Saturday so you have to be registered by 12noon the day before the game week starts.. if the game is then moved, in the FA’s eyes it’s still a Saturday so you have to be registered before 12 on the Friday. So if you are playing on a Friday you can be registered before 12 and still play that night, the Friday stays the same the full game week from Friday thru Monday.

So Sanchez isn’t playing tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Surely the best part of all this is Arsenal’s attack could soon be Mkhitaryan, Welbeck and Iwobi :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

It's not happening ye have all been mugged hahaha loooool .... snowflakes.

I just don't feel anyway confident about it like.

Unless we registered him on Friday and he slipped thru the cracks :D did you check the FPL app to see if he is still with Arsenal on it ha

GSPfan wrote: »
    For all we know the Sanchez deal is done and Mkhitaryan to Arsenal is being trashed out. Arsenal will want a player coming in as Sanchez goes because their fans will be seething. Maybe the Aubameyang rumour is true too.

Just seems like Sanchez is all but announced so whats holding it up? Hopefully not because City are still at the table.

Arsenal meant to be signing Malcom, a player we were linked with before the sanchez deal

• Advertisement

Jaysus if Mkhitaryan snubs them their week ahs just gotten even worse!

bangkok wrote: »
    Arsenal meant to be signing Malcom, a player we were linked with before the sanchez deal

Bordeaux came out and said they wouldn’t be selling Malcom this window, don’t know if they are just driving the price up or what but that’s the line from them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,651 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

adox wrote: »
    Lambert the new Stoke manager.

Hopefully another nail in their coffin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Doing everything in my power not to get invested haha

Hococop wrote: »

give-yourself-to-the-dark-side-comrade.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

We haven't even signed him yet :pac::pac:

Despite the stories I'm not getting myself too wrapped into it. Going to be a lot of disappointed people in here if he does join city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Hococop wrote: »

giphy.gif

Adamocovic wrote: »

Despite the stories I'm not getting myself too wrapped into it. Going to be a lot of disappointed people in here if he does join city.

Ah if he signs its brilliant if not it wouldnt be a complete disaster. We'd probably just go for Moura and fill the RW slot with him. I'm mainly delighted we seem certain to get a winger in this month.

Adamocovic wrote: »

I don’t see the point in getting disappointed if he goes to City, he was always supposed to be going theee anyways

• Advertisement

Mkhi is at the Lowry, involved in the match tonight..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,370 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I think United are very close to getting the deal done, but I also fear City are going to decide they really do want Sanchez and will just pay the bit of extra money to get him in.

I've been sucked in at this point though - it really does feel like we are so close to getting him, but unless we have utterly swayed him I still think the final decision will be City's, and whether they decide to match our offer or not.

I think United are very close to getting the deal done, but I also fear City are going to decide they really do want Sanchez and will just pay the bit of extra money to get him in.

I've been sucked in at this point though - it really does feel like we are so close to getting him, but unless we have utterly swayed him I still think the final decision will be City's, and whether they decide to match our offer or not.

Will be fun to see the narrative being spun in the press of City decide to pay the money.. will it be money vs money?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I find this whole thing strange from City's side. They have a great shout at Champions League this year. Might be the best they ever get.

Strange how they were willing to pay 60 million a few months ago. To them does it matter if the player or club buying from get the money? On a free they would have to pay him and reps even more money so I don't buy into them worrying about other players wages.

Something must have happened since August that makes them not want him as much or him not want them. For City maybe someone already there has stepped up more than expected (Sterling?), another player they think will be better may be available in summer. Maybe even a more mercurial talent would not be what Pep wants now after working hard to get Aguero, Sterling etc playing his way.

For the player, maybe he is reluctant to sign up for another club that could just drop him for the new thing (sure to have seen what happened to Bravo for example) without a show of real desire to have him. Like De Gea with Real he may not be taken with them leaving it till the last minute of a summer window with the move than falling through. City approaching again, but not pushing for the deal, leaves him in a bad spot for Arsenal if he has to stay, that must piss him off.

but its not as if we bid a couple million more than them and gave him slightly better wages. according to most resports city had a 20m bid and 250k a week in wages ready for the sanchez deal.

we have 30m ready, 5m signing on fee, 5m to his agent AND 60k a week extra in wages, even city are not that stupid to outbid that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Will be fun to see the narrative being spun in the press of City decide to pay the money.. will it be money vs money?

Not at all.

It will be the same as the likes of Toure, KDB, Silva and Aguero. They all have had a deep affinity with City since the club was formed in 2008 and wanted to fulfil their dream, no financial motivation at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,463 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

The narrative is typically ; Jose = evil, Pep= Messiah.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,924 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I think it's a simple case of Pep having the hump & feeling betrayed. He assumed that the deal was done & that Sanchez wanted to rejoin the messiah.

Bidding more now will be seen as a loss of pride

• astradave wrote: »
    Mkhi is at the Lowry, involved in the match tonight..

Hi Zerks :)

It's a load of bull****e about a swap deal IMO
    Soundbites for the newspapers is all it is anyway

If he was involved he wouldn't be training, he'd be left out of the squad. Same as Sanchez

• Anyone see Evras new video?

The lad is gas :P

Men are really trying to push the City back in narrative, all coming from a fake fifa lawyer on twitter saying there was a meeting today.. now they are saying that they are trying to get Sanchez to get his agent and Arsenal to lower their prices.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Presume we are on d'telly tonight?

Jose has yet to beat Stole since taking over, 3 draws, hoodoo has to be broken tonight.

gstack166 wrote: »
    I got a warning for ‘Trolling’ for saying this thread was like AFTV & a ‘mod’ posts this :) wet wipes.

Awww.

Can you read btw?

I got a warning for ‘Trolling’ for saying this thread was like AFTV & a ‘mod’ posts this :) wet wipes.

I'm fairly sure he doesn't mod soccer so whats your point meant to be?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

pjohnson wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure he doesn't mod soccer so whats your point meant to be?

Sorry, do I have to have a point? I was only saying. It’s aloud no? You didn’t have to reply if you didn’t want to :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

Awww.

Can you read btw?

No!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Didn't see this posted. A short read on Mata's matchday routine.

If he was involved he wouldn't be training, he'd be left out of the squad. Same as Sanchez

Sanchez wants to leave though, mkhitarayan does not, he will be involved right up until he is sold

You will probably get another warning for discussing moderation and back seat modding ;)

He’s not a soccer mod, he’s a hosted moderator.. totally different

You will probably get another warning for discussing moderation and back seat modding ;)

He’s not a soccer mod, he’s a hosted moderator.. totally different

He hosts the moderators parties with hookers and cocaine I think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Discodog wrote: »
    I think it's a simple case of Pep having the hump & feeling betrayed. He assumed that the deal was done & that Sanchez wanted to rejoin the messiah.

Bidding more now will be seen as a loss of pride
    If the Sanchez to United move doesn't come to pass would we all feel similar if we refused to get into a bidding war with Barca over Griezmann?

• Advertisement

If what was reported earlier is to be believed Mikhitaryan "doesn't want to join low level Arsenal".

Feck swap deals,just pay the money and get Sanchez signed before City decide to go all in with what Arsenal are asking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Post delt with so back on topic please

Has Sanchez signed for city yet? :D

S.M.B. wrote: »
    If the Sanchez to United move doesn't come to pass would we all feel similar if we refused to get into a bidding war with Barca over Griezmann?

i think sanchez to united is almost a done deal. we had 100m set aside for griezmann, i think we are spending a little over half of that figure to bring in sanchez. yes he is a few years older, but he was available now so we made oor move and are probably spending over the odds (signing on fee, agent fee, arsenal fee) for a player in the final 6 months of his contract

It's like watching a spoilt kid at Christmas with Pep.

"But I want it!!!"

"You can't have it".

"But it's the one I want!!!"

"Here's the deal, we'll get you a shinier newer one later,you don't really want this one now anyway".

https://twitter.com/JamesRobsonMEN/status/952923870301949952

"Pep is promised more funds in the summer to spend big (again)"

I love the myth that he nurtures talent,he just asks for the cheque book to be opened and gets pretty much whatever player he wants. City have this much vaunted academy,what future do those young lads have if Pep keeps buying the latest talent from around the world.
    At least Jose is giving young lads a run out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Almost 4pm and most of you still getting duped by this "fake news"

Let me be crystal clear

We

Are

Not

Signing

Sanchez

It's not happening folks...

There's going to be none of my ladies bumping and grinding on this thread for a new signing...

If something does happen I'll eat a nacho hat full of queso and salsa with jalapenos,guac and sour cream and a bottle of tequila...

brinty wrote: »
    Almost 4pm and most of you still getting duped by this "fake news"

Let me be crystal clear

We

Are

Not

Signing

Sanchez

It's not happening folks...

There's going to be none of my ladies bumping and grinding on this thread for a new signing...

If something does happen I'll eat a nacho hat full of queso and salsa with jalapenos,guac and sour cream and a bottle of tequila...

Fcuk the hat.

I now expect a group gif of Kate/Anna/Scarlett all bumping and grinding together

giphy.gif

It's like watching a spoilt kid at Christmas with Pep.

"But I want it!!!"

"You can't have it".

"But it's the one I want!!!"

"Here's the deal, we'll get you a shinier newer one later,you don't really want this one now anyway".

https://twitter.com/JamesRobsonMEN/status/952923870301949952

"Pep is promised more funds in the summer to spend big (again)"

I love the myth that he nurtures talent,he just asks for the cheque book to be opened and gets pretty much whatever player he wants. City have this much vaunted academy,what future do those young lads have if Pep keeps buying the latest talent from around the world.
    At least Jose is giving young lads a run out.

in the league cup he could have given a lot of lads a chance but didnt

bangkok wrote: »
    in the league cup he could have given a lot of lads a chance but didnt

If he'd filled the team with kids, he'd be slaughtered for "not showing respect". The media continue to fellate Pep and Klopp yet Jose is the devil incarnate.
    He's put lads in for game time this season.
    Look at Pep,99% of his young players cost nearly as much as the entire Burnley team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

On a serious note...
    Anyone thing Jose is eyeing lucas moura to play as a right back?? Get him exploding up the touchline outside the midfield and getting balls in... just a random thought... didn't Carlos and Alves progress in their mid 20's when moving back to full back slots...

• Advertisement

If he'd filled the team with kids, he'd be slaughtered for "not showing respect".

Well thats where you need to remember Jose is always wrong.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement