Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Thread..The Final Chapter of 17? (MOD WARNINGS IN OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I love the myth that he nurtures talent,he just asks for the cheque book to be opened and gets pretty much whatever player he wants. City have this much vaunted academy,what future do those young lads have if Pep keeps buying the latest talent from around the world.
    At least Jose is giving young lads a run out.
    Is the opposite not happening right now with regards the Sanchez deal? I'm finding it quite odd that City are reluctant to increase their offer. Either a) they don't have an open cheque book and are showing a little restraint (just we did in the summer with Perisic) or b) are genuinely concerned that the package they are offering isn't enough to capture his signature.

Either way it seems at odds with the stance that City have unlimited funds and will pay whatever it takes to get a target signed.

This can only be a good thing for United and the league as a whole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

If he'd filled the team with kids, he'd be slaughtered for "not showing respect". The media continue to fellate Pep and Klopp yet Jose is the devil incarnate.
    He's put lads in for game time this season.
    Look at Pep,99% of his young players cost nearly as much as the entire Burnley team.

which young players are you taking about? academy players or the likes of sane and sterling?

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Is the opposite not happening right now with regards the Sanchez deal? I'm finding it quite odd that City are reluctant to increase their offer. Either a) they don't have an open cheque book and are showing a little restraint (just we did in the summer with Perisic) or b) are genuinely concerned that the package they are offering isn't enough to capture his signature.

Either way it seems at odds with the stance that City have unlimited funds and will pay whatever it takes to get a target signed.

This can only be a good thing for United and the league as a whole.

we are spending our griezmann money right now on sanchez.

sky sports reporting we are paying sanchez 18m pound per year, that is insane money along with a 5m signing on fee both to him and agent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

astradave wrote: »
    Next article...
    Louis van Gaal has revealed he made Manchester United continue paying up his contract by turning down the Belgium job as an act of "revenge" and says he still blames former players for his Old Trafford exit.
    What a pr*ck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

bangkok wrote: »

sky sports reporting we are paying sanchez 18m pound per year, that is insane money along with a 5m signing on fee both to him and agent

So you regularly say our attack isn’t near City’s or Liverpool (depending on who’s just won) so when United look to be beating City to a massive attacking talent, you’re upset at the cost.

Should just bring Willock back from Utrecht.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

in the league cup he could have given a lot of lads a chance but didnt

Random games is not a chance. Unless they had a realistic chance of playing in the upcoming games it would be pointless. League cup is where squad players should get games to keep them ready for starting more important games.

A good example of a real chance is Lingard playing in attack against Swansea even though he was bot good v Huddersfield. He did very well and it showed the manager he was right to thibk Jesse could contribute when brought into the team, it was reaisitic to think he would get such a chance.

The young players are better off getting games when they are with the first team, to give them the best chance to contribute, when they can get a run of games like Rashford under LVG
    His chance came thanks to injuries but the manager was able to give him a run. Unless a genuine spot opens, they normally need to go elsewhere to get ready for a squad role like Libgard did, like TFM is now.

So you regularly say our attack isn’t near City’s or Liverpool (depending on who’s just won) so when United look to be beating City to a massive attacking talent, you’re upset at the cost.

Should just bring Willock back from Utrecht.

its a short term solution but a very good one at that....i will be delighted when he signs

and yes its clear to see our attack isnt as good as either liverpools or citys

its a short term solution but a very good one at that....i will be delighted when he signs

and yes its clear to see our attack isnt as good as either liverpools or citys

Positivity from Bangkok, it’s happening :p:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

When Ibra is off loaded we have a huge chunk off our wage bill to go to Sanchez do we not? So it kinda evens out.

• Advertisement

When Ibra is off loaded we have a huge chunk off our wage bill to go to Sanchez do we not? So it kinda evens out.

Think ibra is only on about 120/130k this season.. supposedly took a huge pay decrease to re-sign

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Next article...
    Louis van Gaal has revealed he made Manchester United continue paying up his contract by turning down the Belgium job as an act of "revenge" and says he still blames former players for his Old Trafford exit.
    What a pr*ck!
    LOL, sure why wouldnt he?

Tom.D.BJJ wrote: »
    LOL, sure why wouldnt he?

Yeah, this is to be expected as he said UTD was his last job, although he looks to have changed his mind on that. I have no problem with him getting the cash, saying it was to get back at players is a little petty though. If he said that at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

We are on Sky thank the gods BT coverage is zombie esque.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

We are on Sky thank the gods BT coverage is zombie esque.

Bein Sports has been excellent all over Xmas for build up and opinions

Stop the press
    Citywatch: City have not ended their pursuit of Alexis Sanchez yet and a meeting between Guardiola, Soriano and Txiki will determine what they do. [@StuBrennanMEN]

4 hours ago.... are we about to go full muppet and see this drag out till the end of the month?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Bein Sports has been excellent all over Xmas for build up and opinions

;);)

Stop the press

4 hours ago.... are we about to go full muppet and see this drag out till the end of the month?

It was all based on a tweet from jRodriguezlaw on Twitter, who is a fake account in itself, he pretends to be a fifa lawyer..

The article itself pretty much says **** all, it seems to be Men trying to drag it out and create as much clickbait as they can..

The author is is very much anti-United and anti-Jose, And has been writing a lot of articles mocking the club..

Personally I don’t think they have any info whatsoever, the same with Luckhurst for United..

jayo26 wrote: »
    ;);)

Fair play jayo26 for liking my post twice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Still think he be gone to City. Just feeling.

• Advertisement

Fair play jayo26 for liking my post twice!

Was an awesome post.

Still think he be gone to City. Just feeling.

Agree kew I've felt it from the start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Great to see long timers like
    Me
    Kew
    Jayo26 and
    FutureGuy/FutureGirl
    Are not getting sucked in by this

So much disappointment coming folks... we've tried to warn you...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

#MUGA

#MakeUnitedGreatAgain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,173 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

If City match transfer fee we are fúckéd. Simples. The longer we go without confirming it the less chance we have. Moura seems more prepared if this doesnt work so its not like it was Alexis or nothing.

As I said previously, we was never supposed to be coming here anyways so I won’t be too disappointed if City up their bid. It would be a nice little surprise(the last few days) if it comes through

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Wenger said 48hrs didnt he?

If it goes past that then he is off to city

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Wenger said 48hrs didnt he?

If it goes past that then he is off to city

Thats my thought. If its not rubberstamped by tomorrow just give up. Take Moura, then try to move on Darmian and Mkhitaryan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

The only person saying that he is going to City is a guy from the MEN, which is awful for United and City news. Sam Lee, Simon Stone and David Ornstein are all god tier for the respective clubs involved in this and all are reporting United.

Of course, City could come in last minute and get it done, but until one of those guys above starts saying its I wouldn't be paying much heed to any new stories.

• Advertisement

There is a man United fan on tipping point she is very nice lady :):)

Edit: oh yeah I don't think Sanchez is coming..

The only person saying that he is going to City is a guy from the MEN, which is awful for United and City news. Sam Lee, Simon Stone and David Ornstein are all god tier for the respective clubs involved in this and all are reporting United.

Of course, City could come in last minute and get it done, but until one of those guys above starts saying its I wouldn't be paying much heed to any new stories.

Meh whatever was going on yesterday Wenger was confident enough to believe Sanchez would be gone from Arsenal by Wednesday. If that doesn't happen it would suggest something has changed since yesterday. I would imagine that could only mean a new bidder. ie. City. Wenger believed a deal was nearly done.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

jayo26 wrote: »
    There is a man United fan on tipping point she is very nice lady :):)

Pics?

Kate will do either :)

How do I know that fela?

He broke Lukaku I believe.
    Also revealed he asked Ibra could he take #9
    AFAIR

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Lads any of Yee with Eir experiencing connectivity problems, broadband and TV?

Off topic I know, apologies

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

brinty wrote: »
    Great to see long timers like
    Me
    Kew
    Jayo26 and
    FutureGuy/FutureGirl
    Are not getting sucked in by this

So much disappointment coming folks... we've tried to warn you...

I've tried not to get invested

Nalz wrote: »

I dont have TV sorry but nope my broadband and phoneline is fine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Follow him and enjoy his contributions on twitter. Not necessarily his transfer news although he did break Lukaku as far as I know and had an interview with him.

Nalz wrote: »

Have mobile broadband with them and we’re all g

• Advertisement

adox wrote: »
    Follow him and enjoy his contributions on twitter. Not necessarily his transfer news although he did break Lukaku as far as I know and had an interview with him.

well we are either both right or both wrong. Lets go with right haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Hococop wrote: »
    I've tried not to get invested

I was the same but the more I read the more I’m convinced he will end up at Utd.

City mustn’t want him as they would easily match any offer we made without blinking. They’ve moved very quickly with their transfers and haven’t shown any sign of prudence when it comes to agreeing fees. They pay whatever they have to.

I’m throwing my hat in the ring(not to eat) and saying he will be a Utd player before the week is out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

City mustn’t want him as they would easily match any offer we made without blinking. They’ve moved very quickly with their transfers and haven’t shown any sign of prudence when it comes to agreeing fees. They pay whatever they have to.

This is pretty much it. They were throwing 50 million+ at full backs, now they are penny pinching over half of that on one of the leagues top attackers?

Nah. They just don't want him all that much.

I was the same but the more I read the more I’m convinced he will end up at Utd.

I’m throwing my hat in the ring(not to eat) and saying he will be a Utd player before the week is out.

I'm with you there Adox, 100%.

My only worry is that bolded part. We have to imagine that in that situation, if City suddenly decide that they want Sanchez, they can swoop in and likely get him.

The longer this goes on and he doesn't sign for us, the more I think he could end up at City.

Unrelated: Poor Delores Riordan, and I just heard that Cyrille Regis passed away today also. RIP.

Lads I think some of you are missing the obvious here. Arsenal wouldn’t sell him unless they could replace him in the Summer so why would they settle for any less now?

We could be just waiting on them to finalise something. Paranoia is worthless, lose it.

GSPfan wrote: »
    Lads I think some of you are missing the obvious here. Arsenal wouldn’t sell him unless they could replace him in the Summer so why would they settle for any less now?

We could be just waiting on them to finalise something. Paranoia is worthless, lose it.

Huh? What ya mean?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,370 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

pjohnson wrote: »
    Huh? What ya mean?

That it won't be signed and sealed to arsenal have got a replacement in.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Huh? What ya mean?

They didn’t sell him to City for £60 million because they couldn’t replace him with Thomas Lemar in time.

Edit: I meant last Summer in my original post. Maybe the wording is confusing.

That it won't be signed and sealed to arsenal have got a replacement in.

Ah right phrasing confused me a bit. I dont think the replacement bit matters really. Arsenal cant let the deal collapse like it did in the summer. If they want any transfer fee they need to get him moved now. Surely getting the transfer fee for him is better than him moving for nothing AND trying to replace him.

Be it us or City Wenger will want him out now.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement