Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Thread..The Final Chapter of 17? (MOD WARNINGS IN OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Won’t be long now till Sky have a microphone in Jose’s face so we might get a bit more to chew on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,171 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

GSPfan wrote: »
    They didn’t sell him to City for £60 million because they couldn’t replace him with Thomas Lemar in time.

Edit: I meant last Summer in my original post. Maybe the wording is confusing.
    Yep thats what confused me. I thought you were suggesting they could still get a transfer fee this summer if they waited to sell him then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,459 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Won’t be long now till Sky have a microphone in Jose’s face so we might get a bit more to chew on.

Hopefully this transfer doesn't stretch out to a deadline day dildo in the face...

Glazers Out!

No Alexis
    DTmoT_RXcAAYbqI?format=jpg

4-2-3-1 again I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Sanchez not even on the bench? #joseOUT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

No Mkhitaryan in the squad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

The Sanchez move hinges on Mkhitaryan, Arsenal said to be extremely keen on us not including him in the deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

MrMac84 wrote: »

Or Romero? Injured?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I'm expecting a spectacular finish or 2 from Lingard. Along with a Spanish Dave clean sheet, and goals for Lukaku.

• Advertisement

No Mkhi at all. Interesting.

Jose says his head isn’t in the right place. Well thats true cause we’ve all suspected it was up his arsé for a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

No Mkhi at all. Interesting.

he has been crap, hasnt been in squad plenty of times before

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Or Romero? Injured?

I think so it was O'Hara and Pereira who went with De Gea to Dubai for the warm weather training I believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,380 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Strongest team bar Bailly in for Smalling imo. Should be beating these handy. I wonder which of their players is going to have their best game ever to prevent that...

bangkok wrote: »

Jose says it’s because of transfer speculation apparently so....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

His head has been turned by Arsenal???????? more like his stomach I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I hate Smalling and Jones together, but should not be a mad issue against a relegation team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

bangkok wrote: »

Jose said in his press conference that Mkhi would be playing.. he was with the squad in the Lowry earlier and now all of a sudden he is out..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

astradave wrote: »
    Jose said in his press conference that Mkhi would be playing.. he was with the squad in the Lowry earlier and now all of a sudden he is out..

Did he mean next cup game or did he mean tonight? I thought he meant cup game at the time regardless of follow up speculation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Yeah interesting alright after Jose said he would play.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I hate Smalling and Jones together, but should not be a mad issue against a relegation team.

They are decent enough together I think. As decent as any defense with Smalling in it can be.

• Advertisement

DM_7 wrote: »
    Did he mean next cup game or did he mean tonight? I thought he meant cup game at the time regardless of follow up speculation.

I thought he meant tonight although only read the quotes rather than saw him speak the words.

Still don’t get all the Smalling hate.

adox wrote: »
    I thought he meant tonight although only read the quotes rather than saw him speak the words.

Thought he said something like “train Saturday, rest Sunday, play Monday” with regard to Mkhi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Thought he said something like “train Saturday, rest Sunday, play Monday” with regard to Mkhi

i doubt he meant actually start though... probably 20 players staying in the lowry before a game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,648 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I was hoping for an interesting discussion on MNF about what Sanchez could possible do for utd but I got was load of whinging and crap

Headshot wrote: »
    I was hoping for an interesting discussion on MNF about what Sanchez could possible do for utd but I got was load of whinging and crap

Carra trying to shout over Neville to the point where Dave Jones puts his have up like a referee to stop him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Ya ever here the nonsense from carragher. Im actually sick of people putting clubs up on a high pedestal as if they have morals from somewhere all of a sudden.

They bloody paid over 100 million on wingbacks induring the summer.

Here’s what Mick posted earlier today
    M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Sounds to me Miki is not part of any deal yet

"Earlier in the press conference, Mourinho admitted Henrikh Mkhitaryan is set to play against Stoke when asked about the Armenian’s future and reports that he may move away from Old Trafford.

“My approach to players is that every player has a price,” the boss said. “It doesn't matter who he is, it doesn't matter the level, the prestige, the status. I think every player has a price. I'm not the kind of blind manager. Blind in the sense of this player is untouchable, that this player we can never sell.

“I think every player has a price. So when the transfer window is open, it's also open for any club that is interested in our players, then it is up to us to make a decision: yes or no. It's up to us to decide what we think is the right price.

“But Mkhitaryan, he played the last match in the cup and probably will play the next one. So it's a little bit the same in relation to other players who are involved in this gossip of the transfer window. He is our player. He's a very good player. Saturday he is training, Sunday selected and Monday play."

I just find he's prone to a brain fart or two a game. He'll be solid for 88 minutes, but then have 2 minutes where he's utter dog****e and cost us a goal.

https://twitter.com/billrice23/status/952973393325907968

MUTV showing Sanchez goals for some reason :P

Here’s what Mick posted earlier today

Between Pilib's tweet and now Mhikis absence maybe we see some breakthrough tomorow!

• Advertisement

He's the most prone to brain farts defender that United have. Least assured on the ball and lacks game intelligence. His best seasons came playing in the rigid LVG system where he would look good because he could just sit back and not have to worry about making smart interceptions or positioning himself correctly.

I don't think he's a bad CB by any means, just not top quality.

I just find he's prone to a brain fart or two a game. He'll be solid for 88 minutes, but then have 2 minutes where he's utter dog****e and cost us a goal.

https://twitter.com/billrice23/status/952973393325907968

MUTV showing Sanchez goals for some reason :P
    That’s against us no? Probably showing a match replay

Liam O wrote: »
    He's the most prone to brain farts defender that United have. Least assured on the ball and lacks game intelligence. His best seasons came playing in the rigid LVG system where he would look good because he could just sit back and not have to worry about making smart interceptions or positioning himself correctly.

I don't think he's a bad CB by any means, just not top quality.

I think he’s our second best CB behind Bailly. Streets ahead of Rojo and Blind. Much better than Jones. Much better on the ball than he’s given credit for.

Couldn’t disagree more about the Van Gaal theory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Carra trying to shout over Neville to the point where Dave Jones puts his have up like a referee to stop him

Carragher can be decent every so often but he reverts to pro-player bolloxology when he doesn't know what he is talking about.

• Like the look of that team

The Smalling bashing is way over the top

Everyone is prone to an error, he's experienced and is excellent on the ball

Sounds like Mikis days really are numbered going by that Jose interview.

I’m hoping for that to be a 433 instead of a 4231. It would be depressing to see Pogba back taking passes off of Phil Jones in our own half.

• adox wrote: »

He can't say he hasn't been given plenty of opportunities

He was given plenty of chance too in his preferred position this season

Too weak, too easily dispossessed and some dreadful utilisation of the ball has led to this

I'm sad it didn't work out as when we signed him I believed he was one of the most exciting signings in years but sometimes it just doesn't work out

Wish him well if he does go

https://streamable.com/qdomo

G.Nev and Carrigher talking about Sanchez and the financials.

• Advertisement

Has Sanchez been paraded yet? :D

Hopefully the ref gets at Crouch early for his fouling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Stephen Ireland is still with Stoke?! I assumed he had fallen down the leagues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Martial could have shot there I thought

https://streamable.com/qdomo

G.Nev and Carrigher talking about Sanchez and the financials.

€100 million all in would be great “if” we can sign him

Pen all day. I hate refs

• Advertisement

• Clumsy, that could have been a peno

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

His days were numbered since the game he went missing in last year I think

WHAT A GOAL!

Valencia with a lefty :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

OFF HIS ****ING LEFT FOOT!? GET IN!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement