Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Thread..The Final Chapter of 17? (MOD WARNINGS IN OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

89 Million? Baaaaaaaaaaaaargain

• Paul Pogba in a league of his own

World class stuff that pass was just sexual

• Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭BenK

Pogba makes it look like he's playing against 6 year olds!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Diouf, forgot he used play for United

Delighted to see Fellaini out there, I thought he was a goner. Could still leave this window, but I really thought we'd seen the last of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭BenK

Shaw has been very solid again which is great to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Luke Shaw has played brilliantly well tonight as well, good to see him get his stuff together

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Rashford hits the first man with a corner again. Why does he still take them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Thank God it's over and we don't have to view the miserable head of Lambert on our screens again tonight, cameraman obviously has a hard on for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,775 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Entertaining stuff tonight

Boring, boring José :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Solid performance. Few defensive lapses. Pogba ran the show. Took our goals well, should of had a few more.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Good win that. Hopefully Sanchez is sorted soon now and he makes his debut on Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Stuck in work tonight seems like it was a good performance, anyone know where I can catch extendeded highlights online ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Thought Pogba and Lukaku were great tonight.

Matic still looks leggy compared to earlier in the season. He’s being asked to do too much in that formation. Hopefully will be corrected in the summer.

Sanchez incoming...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Pogba dominating was a joy. More like that please.
    Shaw has gone from possibly out to being a key player recently. Love it.
    Great strikes for goals too, delighted for Lukaku.

And my man Jones. Great block in first half when 1-0. I tend to forget how calm he is on the ball. It's great but I do find myself nervous at times, despite his world class control rivaled by none.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

rekluse wrote: »
    Stuck in work tonight seems like it was a good performance, anyone know where I can catch extendeded highlights online ?

r/footballhighlights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

So Alexis... Are you coming to us or what?

tumblr_ni0tvudas21r6ibubo2_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

r/footballhighlights

Ta !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,170 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

adox wrote: »

Matic still looks leggy compared to earlier in the season. He’s being asked to do too much in that formation. Hopefully will be corrected in the summer.

Sanchez incoming...

Carricks health issues have forced Matic to play every game. I imagine it was supposed to be the two of them playing deepest with Carrick coming in and keeping Matic fresh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

3 points against Stoke on a wet winters night is nice.

Pogba was simply immense, deserved motm, when he is in that form he is as good as any of his peers, we just need the consistency.

Shaw was once again very good, he was given his chance and grabbed it with both hands, really happy for him.

Lukaka was great, he covered huge ground, created spaces for his team mates, held things up well and got his goal, second best player on the field for me.

Martial dipped in and out of things but was decent overall.

Jessie was quiet but he's done enough over the last few games to allow him an off game.

Overall very happy with the performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Those 6 points dropped over Christmas will annoy me till the end of the season.

If we were to get sanchez imagine the service he would provide for lukaku as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

AidoEirE wrote: »
    If we were to get sanchez imagine the service he would provide for lukaku as well

or try and do it all himself and end up losing possesion

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I love Paul Pogba.

Pure speculation from me but I’d say we will hear a double announcement soon enough of Sanchez to Utd with Miki going the other way.

• Advertisement

or try and do it all himself and end up losing possesion

Dont be bitter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

pity we dont play stoke every week #useless

pogba is a joy to watch every game.

sanchez deal up in the air now, could easily see chelsea match or outbid us AND he wont have to move from london

• adox wrote: »

Sanchez incoming...

Is disagree about Matic somewhat
    Thought he had another assured game and was supported well by Smalling who stepped in to midfield to support him multiple times
    Matic tbf has played most of the season so a rest maybe required

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Dont be bitter

I wasn't been bitter at all this is what sanchez does, Mourinho will probably beat it out of him

• adox wrote: »
    Pure speculation from me but I’d say we will hear a double announcement soon enough of Sanchez to Utd with Miki going the other way.

I agree

Can't believe some are falling for sky spoofing going on

Drumming up any remaining interest by suddenly saying Chelsea are involved as soon as city officials pull out

No bid at all made by Chelsea either

It will be all over tomorrow regardless

Miki not in the squad sums it up IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Can Sanchez take corners?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,641 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

God I hate Carra

GSPfan wrote: »
    Those 6 points dropped over Christmas will annoy me till the end of the season.

Huddersfield still a thorn in my side, fúckin Huddersfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Seen on twitter....

Gianluca Di Marzio's French reporter @Guillaumemp: Alexis Sanchez has agreed terms with Manchester United, but deal is waiting on Henrikh Mkhitaryan doing the same with Arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Seen on twitter....

Gianluca Di Marzio's French reporter @Guillaumemp: Alexis Sanchez has agreed terms with Manchester United, but deal is waiting on Henrikh Mkhitaryan doing the same with Arsenal.

Micky being a cockblock :rolleyes:

Headshot wrote: »
    God I hate Carra

Jose signing Sanchez cause he’s running out of patience with Martial. What bollix. He will be playing alongside him. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Seen on twitter....

Ahh come on micky get in there...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,641 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Jose signing Sanchez cause he’s running out of patience with Martial. What bollix. He will be playing alongside him. :D

yup damn straight

I personally see Jesse making way myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Nice of Mkhitaryan to frustrate us one last time, sign the damn papers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Seen on twitter....

someone said to me at the weekend, you cannot force a player to move to a club., but theres no way in hell mkhitaryan will want to join arsenal, but he could be told in simple terms his united career is over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

It would be pretty unusual though, not often swaps actually happen in real life.

I am still taking zero interest in this rumour funnily enough, I'd imagine if I was gonna be sucked in it would have happened by now.

Just to the poster who said Mourinho could beat out the DIY head down energizer bunny out of Sanchez, Pep couldn't do it when he was 22, Jose probably won't manage it at 29.

Then again, he did get more of a team ethic into Eto'o when Pep couldn't. I am surprised City wanted Sanchez tbf considering his time at Barca under Pep, long time ago I suppose.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Can blame Mkhi for some woeful displays on the pitch.

Can't blame him for not chomping at the Arsenal bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,775 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Nice of Mkhitaryan to frustrate us one last time, sign the damn papers

the papers, the papers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

I for one will be disappointed to see Mkhitaryan go. I thought he was going to become something special at United when he signed. Seemed to be lacking in confidence in the last few run outs he got.

• Headshot wrote: »
    yup damn straight

I personally see Jesse making way myself

Eh no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

jayo26 wrote: »
    Ahh come on micky get in there...

That story wrote itself, wouldnt be concerned by it.

Aubemayang would be one to keep an eye on developments though, Malcolm too.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Not sure if I've said this already but there is no chance Sanchez is coming to Manchester United.

Anna,Jennifer,Kate,Rachel,Hayley and Scarlett are safely tucked up and won't be making any gif appearances this window

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I wonder would the Mkhitaryan thing be a loan deal? Maybe he doesn't want to move to Arsenal, but Jose damn sure doesn't want him so what would he have to lose by going there on loan for a while? And of course Arsenal get a potentially good player cheaply, win win for everybody perhaps.

I'm not convinced of him coming to Arsenal hasn't lit up the league has he

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

From that Jose interview it definitely sounds like Sanchez to United and Mhki to Arsenal

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement