Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Thread..The Final Chapter of 17? (MOD WARNINGS IN OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Notorious wrote: »
    I for one will be disappointed to see Mkhitaryan go. I thought he was going to become something special at United when he signed. Seemed to be lacking in confidence in the last few run outs he got.

I thought he was doing ok until 'that' game. He was brutal. Disappeared. Maybe something was up with him bit fell foul of Jose and some fans after

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Notorious wrote: »
    I for one will be disappointed to see Mkhitaryan go. I thought he was going to become something special at United when he signed. Seemed to be lacking in confidence in the last few run outs he got.

I couldn't believe it when we got him, and for such a reasonable fee.

I was convinced that he would go on to be a superstar for us.

Unfortunate but c'est la vie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

He said Tuanzebe makes room in his 22 player panel as we've five centre backs already...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Arsenal obviously want him after listening to that interview from Jose, or at least are interested in it as part of the deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

M!Ck^ wrote:
    Fappy gif

You're a strange person M!Ck^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    From that Jose interview it definitely sounds like Sanchez to United and Mhki to Arsenal

nothing definite in football, remember Willian at chelsea, had his medical at tottenham, a few hours later was a chelsea player.

if chelsea offer sanchez the same or more than we have (and they easily could) he could go there, wouldnt have to move house or anything and conte/abramovic would see it as revenge on jose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,170 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

brinty wrote: »

Poor Fletch :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

I swear if Micky messes up this deal :o

Swap deals can get messy. Wouldn't be surprised if Micky refuses to go there.

https://twitter.com/utdreport/status/953026108877950981

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

adox wrote: »
    Arsenal obviously want him after listening to that interview from Jose, or at least are interested in it as part of the deal.

What was said?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

brinty wrote: »

That's why we love him.

It would be pretty unusual though, not often swaps actually happen in real life.

I am still taking zero interest in this rumour funnily enough, I'd imagine if I was gonna be sucked in it would have happened by now.

It may not be a straight swap but Jose has just confirmed that Utd are trying to sign Sanchez and Miki may be part of the deal. Arsenal must be interested otherwise they would have knocked it 9n the head straight away and demanded a cash only deal.

It may not happen often but I’m convinced both players will be swapping clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

If Miki is involved I wonder what he would be valued at himself 20m ? Would be roughly 10m + player for Sanchez maybe...

I never did learn how to spell mikis name properly :pac:

• brinty wrote: »

Yes, yes I am :)

jaykay74 wrote: »
    If Miki is involved I wonder what he would be valued at himself 20m ? Would be roughly 10m + player for Sanchez maybe...

I never did learn how to spell mikis name properly :pac:

mkhitarayan 20m?? ah way more than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

bangkok wrote: »

When the selling club is pushing the player out the door it affects value. How much do you expect Utd to get for Miki in a deal with Sanchez, 30m, more ? So Arsenal would end up giving us Sanchez and money for Miki ?

You think mkhitaryan is worth way more then 20 million but didnt you questioned the value of the deal for Sanchez?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Paul Pogba has not lost a league game since 2016! Manchester United are 35 league games unbeaten when he played. Won 22, Drew 13, Lost 0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Meh in the current market Mikhi is worth more than what we paid for him even if he’s out of favour.

The fact that he’s involved in this deal skews perception.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Watching games like tonight I frequently have the same thought.

We have had some poor results and will continue to have them here and there, but **** me how can people complain about the football being played when you compare it to the dross we were being served up a few years ago?

If nothing else these games are enjoyable, they are watchable, the team is far from perfect but damn they are actually playing football and I think some people want to gloss over the progress made in that area.

Watching Pogba come for the ball, shield it and spin away from the marker to carry the ball forward is such a delight when you remember what the likes of Cleverley was at in midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Chelsea ain’t bidding ffs, that was made up by City when briefing the media.. Chelsea most reliable reporter refuting ducker on Twitter

https://twitter.com/matt_law_dt/status/953020047005544448

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

The conspicuous absences when the team wins rather than drops points is genuinely amusing in here, I suppose its the same in all the team threads is it?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

jayo26 wrote: »
    You think mkhitaryan is worth way more then 20 million but didnt you questioned the value of the deal for Sanchez?

For a player in final 6 months of his contract the total deal is gonna cost around 100m.... that is crazy.

Mkhitarayan is probably worth 35-40m on the market right now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

The conspicuous absences when the team wins rather than drops points is genuinely amusing in here, I suppose its the same in all the team threads is it?

I'm sure people will find something or someone to argue over by the morning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Sanchez will cost 200m by this time tomorrow

For a player in final 6 months of his contract the total deal is gonna cost around 100m.... that is crazy.

Not when someone was prepared a total contract of 72 million it took us 100 million package to get him.... if we d9 actually get him.

It's all relevance you said a week ago you look at the bigger picture so take a look at it 100 million including fees and wages for Sanchez services over 3 and half years is a bargain.

Yes he only has 6 months on his contract but if we were bidding to sign him In summer we would be paying possibly double to his agent and double signing on fee to him So would it work any better?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Hang On, it's all relative but so what if he's in the final 6 months of his contract. We are (potentially) getting a player in the market who's real worth is closer to probably 70-80 million euro considering his quality. We are paying 30 odd million, too me that's good business, his wages are his wages, he'll sign a 4 or 5 year deal for 250-300k a week which is what he is probably worth.

You sound like a bad tabloid saying he's going to cost a 100 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,348 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Why are you adding his wages in here? 6 months in his contract have no effect on that.

• Advertisement

£30 million is the fee being reported. That’s what Utd are paying for Sanchez if it happens.

Adding in his wages as part of the overall cost is being silly.

Screenshot_20180115-234136.jpg

Jose ruins players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭piplip87

Watching games like tonight I frequently have the same thought.

We have had some poor results and will continue to have them here and there, but **** me how can people complain about the football being played when you compare it to the dross we were being served up a few years ago?

If nothing else these games are enjoyable, they are watchable, the team is far from perfect but damn they are actually playing football and I think some people want to gloss over the progress made in that area.

Watching Pogba come for the ball, shield it and spin away from the marker to carry the ball forward is such a delight when you remember what the likes of Cleverley was at in midfield.

We where playing Stoke though, We could afford to attack. It when we play the likes of city where we put 11 players behind the ball and play for a draw that annoys people. We are United, we play to win. Attacking high tempo football over parking the bus. If Sanchez does indeed sign we will have an attacking unit capable of beating anyone.

Sanchez will cost 200m by this time tomorrow

Because of the buyout clause in his newly signed Manchester United contract?

piplip87 wrote: »
    We where playing Stoke though, We could afford to attack. It when we play the likes of city where we put 11 players behind the ball and play for a draw that annoys people.

Its ok to be annoyed. Its not ok to forget the past.

Balague is drunk on his own tears on Twitter.. having a proper meltdown :D

https://twitter.com/guillembalague/status/953047679940071424

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

piplip87 wrote: »
    We where playing Stoke though, We could afford to attack. It when we play the likes of city where we put 11 players behind the ball and play for a draw that annoys people. We are United, we play to win. Attacking high tempo football over parking the bus. If Sanchez does indeed sign we will have an attacking unit capable of beating anyone.

I think you are missing the point. We were regularly abject against teams like Stoke under Moyes and LVG. We never played like tonight and if we did have one good game, you were never confident that the following week would be similar. It's about progress made. Tonight was super important to create that gap again, with a couple of teams breathing down our necks. So you feel confident under Jose that you will do that, whereas you wouldn't under previous regimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Because of the buyout clause in his newly signed Manchester United contract?

You betcha ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

At this point I have reached the stage where I hope Ballague never changes actually. Of course you could call him a fanboy, say he's pathetic, a spoofer, cringey, lacking any sort of journalistic integrity or credibility....you could say these things. He still getting paid to be fair to him.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

astradave wrote: »
    Balague is drunk on his own tears on Twitter.. having a proper meltdown :D

https://twitter.com/guillembalague/status/953047679940071424

Is Guillem insinuating that De Bruyne is only at City for the money? Hilarious really when that's the brush that he beats United with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Pogbas best bits vs Stoke for anyone who didn't see the game.
    https://streamable.com/80bo0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Paul Pogba has not lost a league game since 2016! Manchester United are 35 league games unbeaten when he played. Won 22, Drew 13, Lost 0

Dont let Graeme Souness see that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

So this is where Mkhitaryan's transfer value is added but the wages saved on him is ignored?

If Mkhitaryan is sold in Jan then ManUtd would save 23million to 32 Million pounds on his wages. Why don't you deduct that from the overall package?

Also who cares whether Sanchez has 6 months left on his deal, when you have chance to sign class player you just go for it. If you play hard ball then try to low blow the club then we won't be signing him.

Any club signing Sanchez in summer on a free transfer will pay 100 Million for him in overall package including massive wages, signing on fee and agent fee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    So this is where Mkhitaryan's transfer value is added but the wages saved on him is ignored?

If Mkhitaryan is sold in Jan then ManUtd would save 23million to 32 Million pounds on his wages. Why don't you deduct that from the overall package?

Also who cares whether Sanchez has 6 months left on his deal, when you have chance to sign class player you just go for it. If you play hard ball then try to low blow the club then we won't be signing him.

Any club signing Sanchez in summer on a free transfer will pay 100 Million for him in overall package including massive wages, signing on fee and agent fee.

Precisely.

We are one of the wealthiest clubs in the world, easily the wealthiest without dirty money, we shouldn't be dithering about paying a couple of extra million for players of Sanchez calibre.

He pretty much guarantees goals and assists so its a no brainer to sign him. Him, along with another CM in the summer to fully allow Pogba do his thang, and a proper right back and we will have a brilliant squad that will challenge for the title next season.

It's a proshesh.

Some people will just find misery in anything.

Gary says it better than I ever could :D

https://twitter.com/gnev2/status/953159433437241344

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Any reason given for why Romero wasn't on bench?

Any reason given for why Romero wasn't on bench?

No idea but he wasn’t at the warm weather training camp either I don’t think.. could be on the move, in fairness he deserves to be No1 somewhere..

Transfermarkt not showing any injuries for him anyways

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Don’t get pulled into the trolling

Virgil van Dijk has cost more than Sanchez will even if we give him 350k per week.

• giphy.gif

Think Balague & Souness have earned some extra seasoning this morning

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement