Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Thread..The Final Chapter of 17? (MOD WARNINGS IN OP)

Comments

• Did Carragher / Sky actually say it has not worked out for Martial at Utd as he scored his tenth of the season and provided another assist?
    Can't believe he spewed that out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Did Carragher / Sky actually say it has not worked out for Martial at Utd as he scored his tenth of the season and provided another assist?

Yep trash talk that's the level of sky coverage now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,170 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

jayo26 wrote: »
    Yep trash talk that's the level of sky coverage now.

Have they got an exclusive from Oasis yet?

One player below has not progressed under Jose mourinho and it hasn't worked out and the other player has reinvented himself and pep has been a genius for how he helped him.......

Screenshot_20180116-083413.jpg

• It really shows the click bait narrative that is driving sky at the moment
    Being honest it wasn't always like that in the past

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

It really shows the click bait narrative that is driving sky at the moment

They are about as reliable as the Metro these days

It really shows the click bait narrative that is driving sky at the moment

It didn't need to be like that before because they had proper football people talking about football. A lot of the ex pros now are looking to make names for themselves and out do each other on the quotes.

Maybe I am biased but I think Neville has a good manner and genuine opinions I also think frank lampard is a very good pundit. Carragher is fun for banter but he talks nonsense most of the time. The rest of them including scholes and Ferdinand and Gerrard and redknapp and sounessare are useless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Rio is alright though maybe has a bit of tunnel vision when it comes to trophies. I find he gives decent insight into the life of a top level player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

It didn't need to be like that before because they had proper football people talking about football. A lot of the ex pros now are looking to make names for themselves and out do each other on the quotes.

Maybe I am biased but I think Neville has a good manner and genuine opinions I also think frank lampard is a very good pundit. Carragher is fun for banter but he talks nonsense most of the time. The rest of them including scholes and Ferdinand and Gerrard and redknapp and sounessare are useless.

So much money in the game now, the more you are 'out there' the more headlines and money you make.

I never liked carragher as a player and i dont like him as a pundit. Gary is excellent put they are given the tools on a monday nighy to showcase that.

Lampard is good and honest as is rio and scholes imo.

I know souness doesnt like pogba but ive always liked listening to him as a pundit. Redknapp is a clown, all the soccer saturday lads are just there for the laugh. Couldnt stand niall quinn when he was there delighted he gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭MojoRisinnnn

Sky ran an entire story on Emre Can and used an Instagram post by Lovren as a source, genuinely spent about 15 minutes on it, garbage.

Anyway hoping this can be wrapped up today, I was so hyped for Mikhi arriving I can't believe how badly it has gone for him here.

• Did Niall Quinn actually get the chop? Yea he was ****e I agree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Did Niall Quinn actually get the chop? Yea he was ****e I agree

Bit of good news this morning if true

Did Niall Quinn actually get the chop? Yea he was ****e I agree

No he left to start up his own company... he got paid 880k a year from sky. What a waste

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Owens, Hargreaves, they are boring pundits. There are others who are a bit biased.

Quinn was someone I found outright offensive when he commentated on our games. He seemed to set out to deliberately antagonise United fans watching, like he was a heel commentator for a wrestling show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Former Arsenal and City player so always gonna be out to get us, he's a plank either way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Owens, Hargreaves, they are boring pundits. There are others who are a bit biased.

Quinn was someone I found outright offensive when he commentated on our games. He seemed to set out to deliberately antagonise United fans watching, like he was a heel commentator for a wrestling show.

I remember when Ageuro scored that goal, he said shouted something like "What a glorious moment for football". Yeah, if you're a City fan...

Tyler seems to enjoy himself more when we are losing or just can't seem to get it together in a game just loses interest when we are winning starts making stupid jokes and engaging his co-commentator more and more.

I remember when Ageuro scored that goal, he said shouted something like "What a glorious moment for football". Yeah, if you're a City fan...

Or a liverpool chelsea arsenal west brom sunderland exeter bolton etc etc basically any supporter than didnt support utd. That day will never happen again.... ever

Tyler seems to enjoy himself more when we are losing or just can't seem to get it together in a game just loses interest when we are winning starts making stupid jokes and engaging his co-commentator more and more.

Martin Tyler?? I actually think he is a secret united supporter

• bangkok wrote: »
    Martin Tyler?? I actually think he is a secret united supporter

Never forget

• Advertisement

Nah not a chance he's United fan

Update re:Sanchez.. all resting on Mkhi supposedly

https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/status/953202684970065920

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Never forget

Watched it about 10 times, pure class

Yep him white saying that Sanchez side of deal is done but miki is holding it up nothing has been agreed.

One player below has not progressed under Jose mourinho and it hasn't worked out and the other player has reinvented himself and pep has been a genius for how he helped him.......

Screenshot_20180116-083413.jpg

Stats like that are not all black and white.. sterling has had a much better season than martial. Martial is only now starting to keep his place in the team.

Yep him white saying that Sanchez side of deal is done but miki is holding it up nothing has been agreed.

Cant stand that korean Him White :)

For fcuk sake Mhiki. If you shag this up

bangkok wrote: »
    Cant stand that korean Him White :)

Racist now father???? Should we all be racist too? Just I'm busy most if the day with boards..

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭MojoRisinnnn

pjohnson wrote: »

I would say it is boiling down to him taking a wage cut at Arsenal if he goes south, yet if he stays on and the result is missing out on Sanchez he will become even more unpopular, maybe he's holding out for Dortmund too.

It sums up Mkhi he's messing up his final assist for us :P

• Advertisement

He has ambitions for his career as well... arsenal would be a major step down.

• bangkok wrote: »
    He has ambitions for his career as well... arsenal would be a major step down.

This is relevant only if he's actually part of any deal which I don't believe he is.
    Miki at least holds a valuation of 30-40 million regardless of his form at current. There is no way we are paying near 40 million for Sanchez and also giving Arsenal Mkhitaryan for nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

It sums up Mkhi he's messing up his final assist for us :P

Maybe he doesn't want to join a Mkhi mouse team.

I would say it is boiling down to him taking a wage cut at Arsenal if he goes south, yet if he stays on and the result is missing out on Sanchez he will become even more unpopular, maybe he's holding out for Dortmund too.

United will end up having to pay off some of his contract so he won't be losing out I'd say it comes down to wanting to join arsenal or not.

At the end of the day can you blame anyone for taking time to think about it he is looking at a club who is losing their best player a player that he would ideally prefer to be looking forward to playing with at the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,347 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I heard a few weeks ago that he was looking at or buying a house in London, so I kinda feel a move to arsenal has been in the offing for him.

I'd say its less "I don't want to go", and more "I do want to go, but I can get a better financial package if I say I need to be convinced..."

I'd say its less "I don't want to go", and more "I do want to go, but I can get a better financial package if I say I need to be convinced..."

The longer it goes on, the more i worry sanchez will end up at chelsea

• Advertisement

The longer it goes on, the more i worry sanchez will end up at chelsea

Nah. That's just a few of the journalists knowing their cash cow story is nearly run out, and want to keep people clicking their site for updates...

Nah. That's just a few of the journalists knowing their cash cow story is nearly run out, and want to keep people clicking their site for updates...

Dont know, conte and abramovic would love to get one over on jose and given there recent results they may be worried about a top 4 finish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

He's under contract, and is under no obligation whatsoever to break that contract.

Fans getting pissy about that are basic children.

Dont know, conte and abramovic would love to get one over on jose and given there recent results they may be worried about a top 4 finish

It was shown yesterday that it was put out there by City.. that the THINK that Chelsea are rivalling United for a bid.. There was nothing in it at all.. Chelsea’s most reliable journalist with loads of sources even called out one of his colleagues on twitter..

He's under contract, and is under no obligation whatsoever to break that contract.

Fans getting pissy about that are basic children.

True. Winston Bogarde technically did nothing wrong either Bot but he seemed unpopular. I just dont get why Mhiki would stay if he knows he is viewed moreso as a bartering chip than a first team player. He must realise that his time at the club is over if the manager is willing to let him go.

astradave wrote: »
    It was shown yesterday that it was put out there by City.. that the THINK that Chelsea are rivalling United for a bid.. There was nothing in it at all.. Chelsea’s most reliable journalist with loads of sources even called out one of his colleagues on twitter..

4/11 to join united. 7/2 to go to chelsea.

Easy money if you want to lump on united but there is nothing certain in football. Past transfers prove that

• Advertisement

True. Winston Bogarde technically did nothing wrong either Bot but he seemed unpopular. I just dont get why Mhiki would stay if he knows he is viewed moreso as a bartering chip than a first team player. He must realise that his time at the club is over if the manager is willing to let him go.

Didnt United agree a fee with Spurs for Solskjaer before the 98/99 season? Just as well he didnt have that attitude isnt it!

Didnt United agree a fee with Spurs for Solskjaer before the 98/99 season? Just as well he didnt have that attitude isnt it!

Didn't Sir Alex tell Ole he WANTED him to stay?

Edit:
    "I never fancied going," said Solskjaer. "The only time it was even an issue was when the club accepted a bid for me from Tottenham in 1998.

"I went to see the gaffer but he said 'I didn't accept it, I want you here and you will play a big part in my squad'. I just thought that is good enough for me I will stay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Did Carragher / Sky actually say it has not worked out for Martial at Utd as he scored his tenth of the season and provided another assist?

It is amusing, he has more goals and assist than Sanchez this season yet you will no doubt hear them (and others) wax lyrically about him no problem. How he guarantees goals and assists etc

I'd say nobody would want him more at the club than Lukaku though, his chance creation is pretty excellent tbf

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Didn't Sir Alex tell Ole he WANTED him to stay?

Edit:
    "I never fancied going," said Solskjaer. "The only time it was even an issue was when the club accepted a bid for me from Tottenham in 1998.

"I went to see the gaffer but he said 'I didn't accept it, I want you here and you will play a big part in my squad'. I just thought that is good enough for me I will stay.

Jose is saying the exact same about Miki now, while also saying every player has a price. Exactly what United did 20 years ago (jesus) by accepting a bid but telling the player they were happy for him to stay

4/11 to join united. 7/2 to go to chelsea.

Easy money if you want to lump on united but there is nothing certain in football. Past transfers prove that

Odds on football transfers mean nothing.. I could put 100 euro on Chelsea there and his odds would go to evens..

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement