Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Thread..The Final Chapter of 17? (MOD WARNINGS IN OP)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

pjohnson wrote: »
    True. Winston Bogarde technically did nothing wrong either Bot but he seemed unpopular. I just dont get why Mhiki would stay if he knows he is viewed moreso as a bartering chip than a first team player. He must realise that his time at the club is over if the manager is willing to let him go.

That's the player's own look out though, and fans getting pissy about a player "not leaving" just because the club wants to move on are totally wrong imo.

The player signed a contract in good faith, and 99% of the time fans are delighted to see a player sign, to turn around a couple of years later and start to slag a fella off, or otherwise disparage his motives is childlike and speaks to the spoiled nature of the people doing that. In my opinion.

If he's not going to earn the same money by moving, then he's entitled to see out the contract the club gave him, and the amount of time the fans were happy to see him get at the club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

astradave wrote: »
    Odds on football transfers mean nothing.. I could put 100 euro on Chelsea there and his odds would go to evens..

And if he goes to chelsea you get to buy yourself a fancy new suit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Hopefully fans won't turn against Mkhitaryan if he decides to stay. It's his career and he should make decision based on what is good for him rather than just signing for a club just because manager wants to sign some player from Arsenal.

On the other hand, there won't be a better club for Mkhitaryan than Arsenal. He has fallen out of favor and don't think he has future at this club. So to get his career back on track he should move. What better club than Arsenal will make offer for him?

I think he will move with ManUtd paying part of his wages.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Hopefully fans won't turn against Mkhitaryan if he decides to stay. It's his career and he should make decision based on what is good for him rather than just signing for a club just because manager wants to sign some player from Arsenal.

On the other hand, there won't be a better club for Mkhitaryan than Arsenal. He has fallen out of favor and don't think he has future at this club. So to get his career back on track he should move. What better club than Arsenal will make offer for him?

I think he will move with ManUtd paying part of his wages.

Arsenal are a mess. Probably wont get top 4, but there stadium is fantastic AND he will be moving to london (although some players dont like living in london)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Sanchez debut for United sounds very exciting to me , damn haven't been this excited about a player since Van persie ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

bangkok wrote: »
    Arsenal are a mess. Probably wont get top 4, but there stadium is fantastic AND he will be moving to london (although some players dont like living in london)

One thing in their favour is that Wenger allows attacking players to go and express themselves without quite so much defensive responsibility (to their detriment usually). From a medals perspective maybe not the best move, but in terms of rebuilding his confidence and getting his career back on track, I think it's not a bad move. Plus, with Sanchez and probably Ozil moving on, he would be one of their main men.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Armenian journalist @ThibaudVezirian (one of the first to report Mkhitaryan to United): "The transfer of @HenrikhMkh to @Arsenal, it's done! Alexis Sanchez go to @ManUtd."

https://twitter.com/ThibaudVezirian/status/953219141254696960

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Armenian journalist @ThibaudVezirian (one of the first to report Mkhitaryan to United): "The transfer of @HenrikhMkh to @Arsenal, it's done! Alexis Sanchez go to @ManUtd."

Im sad to see Miki go, but im very happy to bag Sanchez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

https://twitter.com/forevruntd/status/953226253431025666

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,347 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I'll be sad to see Miki go, as on his day he can be excellent and I felt he was a player who could be big for us - but its not worked out. It just hasn't. Swapping him out for Sanchez is great business.

Now that ARsenal (maybe) have Miki, maybe we can get them to sell Ozil this window too ;-D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,170 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Mhiki was a good player for us and was one of the (if not THE main) key players in the Europa League win.

Just couldnt seem to fully get that form into the league for whatever reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

So? Don't think he will get massive wages at Dortmund or in France.

I'll be sad to see Miki go, as on his day he can be excellent and I felt he was a player who could be big for us - but its not worked out. It just hasn't. Swapping him out for Sanchez is great business.

Now that ARsenal (maybe) have Miki, maybe we can get them to sell Ozil this window too ;-D

Imagine something like “Manchester United are please to announce the transfer of Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Ozil from Arsenal for an undisclosed fee, with Henrikh Mkhitaryan moving in the opposite direction” :D

Every single journalist would lose credibility :pac:

more financial muscle flexing by United, and it's great to see.

Gazumping that smug fella down the road with his dirty oil billions to boot.

Great business replacing an underperforming player with a player of the ability of Sanchez.

Haterz incoming!!!!!!!

Mino *facepalm* :pac: it’s amazing to think that this time last week there was practically a zero% chance we were signing him, well so we thought.

https://twitter.com/timessport/status/953237177131028480

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

You all are making it hard for me not to get drawn into all the rumours and speculation.

Adamocovic wrote: »
    You all are making it hard for me not to get drawn into all the rumours and speculation.

Join us.....

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

So wait is it a straight swap, that's it no cash?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Mino *facepalm* :pac: it’s amazing to think that this time last week there was practically a zero% chance we were signing him, well so we thought.

https://twitter.com/timessport/status/953237177131028480
    So Sanchez and cash for Miki?

give em Mata for Ozil and Fellaini for whilshire job done :D

Felliani for Whilshere? One step too far

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Arsenal are apparently confident they can get in Aubameyang as well so it wouldnt be a bad window if they got him and Mickey Ryan

Had high hopes when Mickey signed but it just hasnt worked out for him,hopefully he will agree to the Arsenal move and get his career back on track

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Felliani for Whilshere? One step too far

Imagine the injuries in training with Jones and Wilshire in the same club.

Wilshere?? No thanks

Mata has been excellent for a while now. Very tidy again last night. Under rated by a lot in here as is Valencia

• Advertisement

paulbok wrote: »
    So Sanchez and cash for Miki?

Well according to the weird aul world of mino Riola, yep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Wilshere?? No thanks

Mata has been excellent for a while now. Very tidy again last night. Under rated by a lot in here as is Valencia

Agree about Mata. Been very happy with him of late

jayo26 wrote: »
    Imagine the injuries in training with Jones and Wilshire in the same club.

Maybe it would bring balance.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Was Auba part of Mkhi 's stunning season in Germany?

Was Auba part of Mkhi 's stunning season in Germany?

Yeah he’s been with BVB since 2013

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Had high hopes when Mickey signed but it just hasnt worked out for him,hopefully he will agree to the Arsenal move and get his career back on track

hopefully he will agree to the Arsenal move and continue his current form

Maybe it would bring balance.

b45efa41300b83e029fae98d6b7b03091908b90c7da9f258c8b6c8eb6e2fd81c.jpg

I think Wilshere is a cracking player and if the club can grow Valencia a new left leg then surely we can fix his injury problems.

It'll be interesting to see where he ends up if he doesn't sign a contract for Arsenal though he is defiantly good enough to be at a top club but besides ourselves who needs him.

Considering we will be could be down Carrick, Fellaini and Herrera in the summer we will need to boast midfield with a few signings

Walcott 20m to everton... mkhitarayan is easily twice that

Maybe it is Sanchez + cash for Mkhi :D

Walcott 20m to everton... mkhitarayan is easily twice that

And Walcott has traditional British player inflation

You would have to wonder what some of the utd players will think if sanchez signs in regard to wages... he will be on 150k a week more than our highest earning player pogba. 200k more than de gea!!

See Phil Neville is becoming the coach of the English Womens team.

Wasn't expecting that, hopefully goes well for him.

See Phil Neville is becoming the coach of the English Womens team.

Wasn't expecting that, hopefully goes well for him.

I hope they crash and burn :)

Cant stand neville

You would have to wonder what some of the utd players will think if sanchez signs in regard to wages... he will be on 150k a week more than our highest earning player pogba. 200k more than de gea!!

What do you reckon they thought of Falcao or Ibra?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Nobody knows what has been offered and it's been touted as anywhere feom 150 to 400k per week.

It's all bollix so discussing hypotheticals and what kind of unrest it will cause is a worthless discussion.

Cant stand neville

Have to say Bangkok that casual smiley face thrown in has me worrying for Philips safety!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Cant stand neville

I find it so hard to understand how a United fan can have so much hatred and negativity for so many things linked to United but yet can show so much appreciation and respectfullness to out bitterests if rivals it really has me stumped at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

bangkok wrote:
    Cant stand neville

What did Phil Neville do to you
    Sleep with your ex...
    Or someone you fancy

Cant stand neville

Why?

bangkok don't need no reasons for his opinions, they are what they are.

bangkok don't need no reasons for his opinions, they are what they are.

I don’t know whether you are being serious or sarcastic so....

Sarcastic reply :pac:

Serious reply: no, but he is allowed be challenged on them on a forum

I don’t know whether you are being serious or sarcastic so....

Sarcastic reply :pac:

Serious reply: no, but he is allowed be challenged on them on a forum

Is this from your sources or your opinion?

This will probably get messy with Raiola, despise the man.
    Mkhitaryan's agent, Mino Raiola, has now told The Times: "Mkhi is going to do what is best for him. He has two-and-a-half years left on his contract so it's his decision.

"Sanchez is part of the Mkhi deal, not the other way around."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

a nice transfer mess developing by the looks of it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement