Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Thread..The Final Chapter of 17? (MOD WARNINGS IN OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,170 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

sky88 wrote: »
    a nice transfer mess developing by the looks of it

Very little interest in a transfer saga bs show till Deadline. Get it done or move on.

Napoli have started sniffing after Moura apparently. We dont want to end up with no player.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

bangkok wrote: »
    Adamocovic wrote: »
    See Phil Neville is becoming the coach of the English Womens team.

Wasn't expecting that, hopefully goes well for him.

I hope they crash and burn :)

Cant stand neville
    What's your problem with Pip Neville? Bit weird that you want them to crash and burn.

Phil Neville was a fine player for United. Not the sharpest tool in the shed and the frosted tips were awful but he was a good utility man for a good number of years and always did a job. The famous game vs Arsenal for example. Not sure why any United fan would hate him so passionately?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

pjohnson wrote: »
    Very little interest in a transfer saga bs show till Deadline. Get it done or move on.

Napoli have started sniffing after Moura apparently. We dont want to end up with no player.

We wont we can always fall back on ronaldo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Why?

No1. Its england
    No2. Its england

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

My sources(Sky transfer app) saying that their sources are understanding that it’s going to be a straight swap. No cash involved

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Why?

No1. Its england
    No2. Its england
    You support an English team. If you hate England so much then why not support a LOI team?

No1. Its england
    No2. Its england

So why didn’t you post

“I hope they crash and burn :)

Can’t stand England”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

See Phil Neville is becoming the coach of the English Womens team.

Wasn't expecting that, hopefully goes well for him.

It's an annoying appointment. He is very inexperienced in the women's game. Heck, he's not even that experienced coaching the men's game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,347 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

miki for Sanchez, as a straight swap, seems to incredable to believe.

It would be some deal for United if that it true. I know there is the contract lengths... but still.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

Mars Bar wrote: »
    It's an annoying appointment. He is very inexperienced in the women's game. Heck, he's not even that experienced coaching the men's game.

Probably the "least worst" option after the last fiasco they'll want someone with an impeccable background, and coming up under Ferguson almost guarantees that imo.

• Advertisement

genuine question - why does experience in the womans game make a difference?

are the issues with the style of play that would differ? Or is it just you would imagine he does not have a good base of knowledge of the players?

astradave wrote: »
    My sources(Sky transfer app) saying that their sources are understanding that it’s going to be a straight swap. No cash involved

If thats the case its deal if century don't care what contract situation is.

jayo26 wrote: »
    If thats the case its deal if century don't care what contract situation is.

Imagine :pac:
    https://twitter.com/skysportsnews/status/953271294015037441

Probably the "least worst" option after the last fiasco they'll want someone with an impeccable background, and coming up under Ferguson almost guarantees that imo.
    Surely they could have found someone from within the womens side of the game that has earned the role. I don't know that Phil Neville has earned such an appointment.

I suppose they are looking at it as he has to cut his teeth somewhere so he may as well have a go of the women team it won't matter too much.........

Only messing :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Jesus miki and his agent better not **** this up.

I find it so hard to understand how a United fan can have so much hatred and negativity for so many things linked to United but yet can show so much appreciation and respectfullness to out bitterests if rivals it really has me stumped at times.

Thats not true one bit.

I like ryan giggs, hes a united legend, theres a lot here that hate him.

I respect paul scholes as a pundit. Again a lot here that dont like him.

I respect david moyes, again some couldnt give a toss about him

I like van gaal. Seen someone here yesterday call him a pr1ck

I said for years valencia was one of the best right backs in the world, loads here wanted him out of the team.

I defended pogba all the time, think he is one of the best in the world in his position, few here wanted him out of the team a while back

I think we have one of the best academys in england, plenty here think its poor

You have to acknowledge brilliance when it is in front of your eyes as well though and city have been brilliant this season, plenty here wouldnt acknowledge that

It be like trading in an opel Corsa and getting a Ferrari with full thank of fuel and years tax back :):)

Jesus miki and his agent better not **** this up.

I can see United possibly throwing money at them - likely as a severance pay type thing, and possibly as a top up to Arsenal wages.

Lile i said a few days ago.. ;)

• Advertisement

I find the straight swap story extremely hard to believe. I genuinely can't think of any other straight swap of players in the premier league?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,170 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

dulux99 wrote: »
    I find the straight swap story extremely hard to believe. I genuinely can't think of any other straight swap of players in the premier league?

Ashley Cole and William Gallas?

pjohnson wrote: »

Ashley Cole and William Gallas?
    That did spring to mind but I think that was cash plus Gallas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

Surely they could have found someone from within the womens side of the game that has earned the role. I don't know that Phil Neville has earned such an appointment.

This is the FA we are talking about.

are the issues with the style of play that would differ? Or is it just you would imagine he does not have a good base of knowledge of the players?

Shower time is very awkward!!

You support an English team. If you hate England so much then why not support a LOI team?

There are english people that live in manchester, support utd and hate england... not that big a deal

• M!Ck^ wrote: »
    This is relevant only if he's actually part of any deal which I don't believe he is.
    Miki at least holds a valuation of 30-40 million regardless of his form at current. There is no way we are paying near 40 million for Sanchez and also giving Arsenal Mkhitaryan for nothing

Toot Toot

https://twitter.com/skysportsnews/status/953271294015037441

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

I heard reports saying they wanted John Herdman, English manager who managed New Zealand and Canadian womens teams.

He however was offered the role as manager of Canadas mens team and also overseeing the youth development, so he opted for that. They went after the Chelsea womens boss Emma Hayes but she turned it down. Then next in line Laura Harvey took a role with a different team.

So there were plenty of experienced managers in the game I think considered before him. He must have convinced them during his interviews. Not sure who else they considered.

It's a completely different atmosphere. Managing emotions, managing time to suit women's bodies (our muscles relax more on our period so we are more susceptible to injuries), different focus to men on strength and conditioning. I know he'll have other people to manage a lot of that for him but he still needs to understand it.

he doesn't even have the experience in the men's game. I feel he'll be using it as a stepping stone and why the hell should the English Womens national team be allowed to be seen as a stepping stone to the men's game?! It's an elite position (imo).

Just last week the Canadian women's manager got the men's Canadian team position and people were pissed off coz he didn't have experience in the men's game. A lot of people felt he should have had more experience at men's club level first. I feel the same about Phil Neville getting this job. He should be at club level, men or women, prior to getting an international position.

TL;DR: Women's Elite international football is not a training ground for an inexperienced coach.

• Advertisement

I suppose they are looking at it as he has to cut his teeth somewhere so he may as well have a go of the women team it won't matter too much.........

Only messing :)

I genuinely feel that that's how they are approaching it!

I'm just glad that Ireland got Colin Bell in before the English needed a new manager. ☺️

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

It's all up to Mkhi to agree terms with Arsenal now.
    C'mon Henrik, you'll love London.

There are english people that live in manchester, support utd and hate england... not that big a deal

Have to agree with you there. That argument that why wouldn't you support the national side when you support a club from that country doesn't make much sense to me.

I know plenty of English people who love international football and plenty who don't care for the team at all, don't even watch, despite being huge footie fans. Met a bunch of English people abroad during the Euros last time. They were all wearing Irish jerseys and hanging out with the Irish support, I asked why they weren't supporting England and they said they hated the national side and fans.

Now I'm not one of the Irish fans who actively wants England to crash and burn, something many fans give out about, I'd rather we got a chance of playing them and beating them. But it is different supporting a club in England, the club is not composed of all one nationalities who are competing on the same stage against your own Nation.

I didn't say Bangkok has to support the English national team, I didn't say anything even close to resmbling that. But I just roll my eyes at people in Ireland that are non stop talking about how much they hate England, only to go and support English clubs, and visit England to watch the games whenever they can. You get them in every town and city in Ireland. Fellas who are die-hard MUFC/Liverpool/Arsenal fans yet hate England as a nation so much, despite being so heavily influenced by English culture, ie English football.

Havent seen it mentioned here but what a turn around for luke shaw. Excellent again last night, hope he can keep it up. 1 position less to worry about in the summer

I didn't say Bangkok has to support the English national team, I didn't say anything even close to resmbling that. But I just roll my eyes at people in Ireland that are non stop talking about how much they hate England, only to go and support English clubs, and visit England to watch the games whenever they can. You get them in every town and city in Ireland. Fellas who are die-hard MUFC/Liverpool/Arsenal fans yet hate England as a nation so much, despite being so heavily influenced by English culture, ie English football.

Ah i dont hate england, just use to love when the media built them up and then they struggle in the big tournaments.

Or stuff like this

https://youtu.be/LSTd0Xat9Xc

• Advertisement

Ah i dont hate england, just use to love when the media built them up and then they struggle in the big tournaments.

Or stuff like this

https://youtu.be/LSTd0Xat9Xc
    Poor Aul Schteve. Roy Keane commented in his book about how McClaren was one of the best and most forward thinking coaches he'd ever worked with. High praise from a guy who praises nobody. Since then McClaren has just made himself a laughing stock. I know he was doing well with Derby last year but the vast majority of people just look at him as a comedic figure these days.

Poor Aul Schteve. Roy Keane commented in his book about how McClaren was one of the best and most forward thinking coaches he'd ever worked with. High praise from a guy who praises nobody. Since then McClaren has just made himself a laughing stock. I know he was doing well with Derby last year but the vast majority of people just look at him as a comedic figure these days.

Only fans do, like moyes, real football people know real football people and the good jobs they do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Is there talk now that the deal involving Mhyktarian and Sanchez is a straight swap :eek:

Unbelievable Jeff :D

Only fans do, like moyes, real football people know real football people and the good jobs they do

McClaren looks to be one of the classic great coaches, poor (relatively) managers.

My favourite part so far has been the rubbish Raiola has spewed. This line in particular.
    "This is a great deal for Arsenal. They need better, younger players and they have to invest. So it's up to Arsenal to put a deal in place and right now a deal is a long way off."

Better younger players? Mkhitaryan is only a couple of months younger haha!

Sanchez
    - 29 years old (turned 29 last December)
    Mkhitaryan- 28 years old (turns 29 next week)

Agents talk some amount of crap. No surprises Mino is aware of the position he finds himself and will stagger any deal with his demands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Done with an eye on raising the profile of the English womens game you think? The Neville family in general, boys and girls have all been involved in the English set up for their careers really. Phil actually could have been a Test playing cricketer in the eyes of his coaches when he was younger.

A family of athletes the Nevilles.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

My favourite part so far has been the rubbish Raiola has spewed. This line in particular.

Sanchez

Agents talk some amount of crap. No surprises Mino is aware of the position he finds himself and will stagger any deal with his demands.

Fergie was right, "a bad agent, a sh1tbag"

He also came out and said that he proposed the move 6weeks ago :pac:

He might personally be a ****bag.. but by god he is not a bad agent, probably one of the best for getting money out of clubs.. the agents are employees of the players remember..

He might be that from a club or fan point of view, but he looks to be an EXCELLENT agent for his players. His players seem to love him.

He might personally be a ****bag.. but by god he is not a bad agent, probably one of the best for getting money out of clubs.. the agents are employees of the players remember..

I think bad as in a bad egg, not good for football. I agree. That pogba deal was some joke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Sanchez

Alexis was born on 19th December 1988
    Mkhi born on 21st Jan 1989.

Fecking Tony Gayle portraying it as some kind of moral victory for City not going all in for Sanchez,they spent the budget of a small country on players over the last 2 seasons nevermind before that.Morality is the last thing City could be associated with.

I think bad as in a bad egg, not good for football. I agree. That pogba deal was some joke

I think it actually looks like a ****in steal right now!

It only really became a joke because Juventus didn't want to meet their contractual obligations - expecting either United to foot the bill or Riola to wave it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

These transfer saga's are bad for the health.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement