Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Thread..The Final Chapter of 17? (MOD WARNINGS IN OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

With so much being posted I might have missed this take on the saga.

https://twitter.com/ChrisWheatley_/status/953258904787529728

"Mkhitaryan likely to be paid off by United (could come out of Sanchez fee). Arsenal's transfer dealings once again affected by the Premier League Short Term Cost Control rules. Walcott departure set to free up further wage space, Debuchy could go too."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Headshot wrote: »
    These transfer saga's are bad for the health.

Only if you get sucked in to them. :)

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

folks once more i will remind you...
    we are not signing Sanchez, Mkhitaryan is going nowhere..
    Please stop getting your hopes raised and temper your expectations
    There will be no Rachel, Hayley, Scarlett, Jennifer, Anna or Kate gifs required

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

My hat is safe until summer I feel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,347 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I just don't understand why United would pay him off - or why that payoff would be taken out of any transfer fee. I just don't see how it logically makes sense.

I can see United having to throw some money at him, but I can't see why it would be taken out of a transfer fee, cause then it would basically amount to Arsenal paying it, which they don't want to.... Any money going from United to Mkhitaryan is surely exclusively between them.

jayo26 wrote: »
    My hat is safe until summer I feel.

Jayo you can most certainly... "leave your hat on"....
    no of us wanna see that!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Only if you get sucked in to them. :)

I swear I’m not sucked into this one

giphy.gif

brinty wrote: »
    folks once more i will remind you...
    we are not signing Sanchez, Mkhitaryan is going nowhere..
    Please stop getting your hopes raised and temper your expectations
    There will be no Rachel, Hayley, Scarlett, Jennifer, Anna or Kate gifs required

Stop stealing future guys line... :(

Ishesignedyet?Ishesignedyet?Ishesignedyet?Ishesignedyet?Ishesignedyet?Ishesignedyet?Ishesignedyet?Ishesignedyet?Ishesignedyet?

• Advertisement

astradave wrote: »

Brinty trying to be relevant leave him alone..... ;)

Ishesignedyet?Ishesignedyet?Ishesignedyet?Ishesignedyet?Ishesignedyet?Ishesignedyet?Ishesignedyet?Ishesignedyet?Ishesignedyet?

'Ish es ignedy et' to you too Mick :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

I'm hearing the deal is almost complete but they've hit a snag. The United board are trying to convince Sanchez to change his name on the kit from Alexis to Achevy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,924 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I don't believe that it all hinges on Miki. Jose won't miss out on a "phenomenal" player for the sake of 30 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

wong wrote: »
    I'm hearing the deal is almost complete but they've hit a snag. The United board are trying to convince Sanchez to change his name on the kit from Alexis to Achevy.

Brinty, have you a tumbleweed gif by any chance?

wong wrote: »

4bUV7Ls.gif
    :D

• Advertisement

I'm not stealing the line... i'm stressing that my girls won't be appearing in gif format any time soon... and anyways FutureGirl always just says his line... nothing more or less is needed from him...
    Brinty trying to be relevant leave him alone..... ;)

Just you behave yourself Jayo... with your talk of eating hats and what I heard about you saying to some of the lovely young ladies of our fine team and what you'd do to them if we sign Sanchez you're threading a very thin line....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

Muwhahahahaha :pac::pac::pac::pac:

I saw that twice :P

I know, i'm friggin usless at embedding pics and gifs etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Mars Bar wrote: »
    TL;DR: Women's Elite international football is not a training ground for an inexperienced coach.

In fairness, put that in the context of Wales hiring Giggs, when it comes to an international team hiring an ex United player with little coaching experience is there any real difference between the two?

Perhaps it is Neville who is giving the womens game more respect than most in that he genuinely sees it as a good move professionally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

CBJ has come back from his loan with Leeds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

Can we not get rid of Smalling ?

KH25 wrote: »
    CBJ has come back from his loan with Leeds.

Reckon he will be sold on soon enough

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

And create a need to go buy another defender in January? Even as a detractor of his, it isn't something we need at the moment. Unless he kicks up a fuss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Why?

Lord TSC wrote: »
    And create a need to go buy another defender in January? Even as a detractor of his, it isn't something we need at the moment. Unless he kicks up a fuss.

Fair point TSC
    I think if Bailly was fit Jose would can a centre back and give Tuanzebe some chances. He knows Axel needs some game time.
    We're overloaded at CB right now with Eric, Vic, Phil, Chris, Marcos and Axel.. Daley and Darmian could go in their too... if Bailly were fit I think we could easily off load Smalling and get a fee..

• Can we not get rid of Smalling ?

Eh no

bangkok wrote: »
    Why?

He slept with your missus..... bet that changed your mind... ;) but joking aside I think Smalling is the weakest of the CB's we have and we need to trim out the squad a bit so if a decent fee could be got for him i'd have no problem saying good bye.

brinty wrote: »
    Fair point TSC
    I think if Bailly was fit Jose would can a centre back and give Tuanzebe some chances. He knows Axel needs some game time.
    We're overloaded at CB right now with Eric, Vic, Phil, Chris, Marcos and Axel.. Daley and Darmian could go in their too... if Bailly were fit I think we could easily off load Smalling and get a fee..

Jesus, I keep forgetting Blind exists tbh.

• 'Ish es ignedy et' to you too Mick :pac:

Don't drag me into this!

• Advertisement

There's footage doing the rounds today of Giggsy giving a team talk before his final game as United caretaker manager before LVG came in. It is extremely uninspiring.
    Sorry about the Joe link, it was the best of a very bad bunch to choose from...

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/ryan-giggs-team-talk-manchester-united-157730

Someone do me a transcript :D

Right away, sir.

An excerpt...
    “It’s the last game of the season, we want to end on a high, we want to give our fans something to shout about.
    “Fúcking City or Liverpool are going to win the league… erm… give our fans something to shout about.”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

"Get out there and lets lick some arse....... i mean kick some arse"

Score as many goals as you can now because you wont be allowed shoot when lvg takes charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,169 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Smalling or Rojo are surely out the door. In the summer I was certain it was Smalling but Rojo has returned unfortunately as more headcase than composed so maybe he has slipped behind Smalling.

Considering Jones seems to be a starter under Jose but also considering how injury prone he is we probably need the 5 CBs just in case. Rojo covers LB aswell which is handy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,169 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Still no update RE: Sanchez/Mkhitaryan....getting bored now. No reason to have a drawn out saga.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Still no update RE: Sanchez/Mkhitaryan....getting bored now. No reason to have a drawn out saga.

The lads are having their dinner, give it time :D

• Advertisement

pjohnson wrote: »

Here you go

FB_IMG_1516126591985.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Smalling won’t be going anywhere imo and that’s not just based on the fact that I think he is our second best cb.

Jose regularly hands him the captains armband when his regular captain is missing. I think Jose rates him a lot.

Anyway it’s bizzare to want to get rid of first team players while we still have the likes of Blind and Darmian on th books.

Andy Mitten reporting we're about to announce JOse has signed a contract extension.

Andy Mitten reporting we're about to announce JOse has signed a contract extension.

Imagine the joy around then ;););)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Considering Jones seems to be a starter under Jose but also considering how injury prone he is we probably need the 5 CBs just in case. Rojo covers LB aswell which is handy.

I'm going to jinx him now but Jones has been brilliant this season. It's clear José rates him, may see him like his Terry during his Chelsea time. A player who will work tirelessly to defend.

On his injury record, with 18 games in the PL this season he's already equaled that of last year and we're not finished January. Remember when he had the slight knock and José gave England a telling off for how they treated him may show that they are consciously making an effort to keep him fit.

I pray that he can continue this. Itching for him and Bailly to be playing side by side again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Andy Mitten reporting we're about to announce JOse has signed a contract extension for Mkhitaryan.

FYP

• Advertisement

In fairness, put that in the context of Wales hiring Giggs, when it comes to an international team hiring an ex United player with little coaching experience is there any real difference between the two?

Perhaps it is Neville who is giving the womens game more respect than most in that he genuinely sees it as a good move professionally.

Imagine the sh1tstorm if Giggs was put in charge of the ladies team :D

Here you go

FB_IMG_1516126591985.jpg

Is that Jose's hotel?

paulbok wrote: »
    Is that Jose's hotel?

It's an apartment ffs!!!!!!

paulbok wrote:
    Imagine the sh1tstorm if Giggs was put in charge of the ladies team

Giggs gets that job over my dead body...
    And that's before Jayo has his say on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

bangkok wrote: »
    Why?

Because he's become a liability in defence and couldn't organize a piss up in a brewery never mind sorting out a defence for a set piece

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement