Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Thread..The Final Chapter of 17? (MOD WARNINGS IN OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

bangkok wrote: »
    Saying raiola is telling arsenal to give mkhitarayan the same deal they were offering sanchez

I think the story is that they want to match whatever Sanchez would earn if he was to stay at Arsenal.

Mikhi is on around £140k a week at United. Sanchez is probably on about £200k a week at Arsenal.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

From what I've seen at Arsenal, if Sanchez and Ozil go, Mkhi would likely be the star of that team (says more about Arsenal than him, mind), so I can see why they'd want a pay packet to reflect that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,169 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

rekluse wrote: »
    This whole transfer saga is starting to do my head in , too many twats trying to be 'ITK' spouting nonsense on twitter. Has me pining for the days of getting my transfer updates on Ceefax, really showing my age now! Hopefully this can get done today.

Yep. Just bored of it now. We dont do easy deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

SSN really scraping the bottom of the barrel now,dragging up an interview Mickey did 8 years ago saying he was an Arsenal fan

pjohnson wrote: »
    Yep. Just bored of it now. We dont do easy deals.

It's barely been a week since we learned there was a possibility of it happening. In that time, it looks to be 95% wrapped up, with all thats left being Mkhi's wages.

A business deal involving millions and millions of pounds, coupled with a swap deal meaning two sets of contract demands needing negotiations, between two rivals (both in terms of table and history), is never going to be a quick and easy deal. All reports are, however, that this has been an incredibly easy deal to work through with Arsenal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

just the daily reminder people, Sanchez won't be joining us... its not happening and no lady gifs will be posted... even if the mods allow us too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Lord TSC wrote: »
    It's barely been a week since we learned there was a possibility of it happening. In that time, it looks to be 95% wrapped up, with all thats left being Mkhi's wages.

A business deal involving millions and millions of pounds, coupled with a swap deal meaning two sets of contract demands needing negotiations, between two rivals (both in terms of table and history), is never going to be a quick and easy deal. All reports are, however, that this has been an incredibly easy deal to work through with Arsenal.

Supposedly the whispers now are that Mkhi has agreed and it’s just the agent fee being discussed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Ohh look brinty is looking for attention again!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

As much as I wanted it to work for Mkhitaryan a swap deal with Sanchez would be outrageous business. Brilliant.

If we end up getting Sanchez, and he hits the form he's capable of our attack will be so much better. I actually think Arsenal would suit Mkhitaryan and if he does go I can imagine him doing well there.

He's shown some great flashes for us but too many games where he's disappeared. The deal would be too good to turn away.

• Advertisement

Surprised you haven’t posted this one yet Jayo

5i1by7fr2ma01.jpg

Also whatever happened to jayop? He get the banhammer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,169 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

astradave wrote: »

I assumed Jayo26 just assimilated Jayop to be the One True Jayo tbh

Heard is gonna be a Chile one in Burnley the weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Everyone saying sanchez right or left.

How about keep martial and mata where there are, can see sanchez playing just off lukaku with licence to cause damage

Everyone saying sanchez right or left.

How about keep martial and mata where there are, can see sanchez playing just off lukaku with licence to cause damage

I'd love him playing there but I think most are calling out for him to be wider because they're not impressed with Mata out there.

Anyway, if we get him it's a enjoyable debate and problem to have. Whether he plays centrally off Lukaku our out wider he'll be able to offer a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

He did lads but is back soon. Let’s move away from that discussion tho please lads

• Advertisement

Adamocovic wrote: »
    I'd love him playing there but I think most are calling out for him to be wider because they're not impressed with Mata out there.

Anyway, if we get him it's a enjoyable debate and problem to have. Whether he plays centrally off Lukaku our out wider he'll be able to offer a lot.

Cant see jose dropping mata. Has been one of our best players for a while not. A bit like carrick you only truly appreciate how good he is when you see him live

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Cant see jose dropping mata. Has been one of our best players for a while not. A bit like carrick you only truly appreciate how good he is when you see him live

You think Jose haven't seen him live?

Ah the aul “matchgoing fans opinions are more important than non matchgoing fans opinion” arguement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    You think Jose haven't seen him live?

Anyone with even a basic level of reading comprehension would know what he means, as I suspect, do you.

5i1by7fr2ma01.jpg

There was a match thread after xmas which had a lot of sandwiches in it, I got a warning in the thread for saying that there was 3 or 4 really bad sandwiches ruining the sandwich forum and I think Jayop got carded for replying to one of the sandwiches himself not sure if its a self ban of what but hasn't been here since

• Advertisement

Only saw the mod response after sorry moving on im hungry now anyways.

Drop Lingard so is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Lingard feels like the obvious choice as to who'd drop out of the starting XI.

Only saw the mod response after sorry moving on im hungry now anyways.

I had a big mother fuking salad after the gym im stuffed.

Wouldn't mind some chile now tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

Martial/Rashford left, Sanchez right, and Mata central maybe? Lingard can sub in for any one of those positions depending on the game then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I'm baaaaaaack

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Lingard feels like the obvious choice as to who'd drop out of the starting XI.

On current form noway. As good as people are saying mata is of our four front players he is the one that I'd take out.

Ah the aul “matchgoing fans opinions are more important than non matchgoing fans opinion” arguement

No but you can see the bigger picture.

jayo26 wrote: »
    On current form noway. As good as people are saying mata is of our four front players he is the one that I'd take out.

I just cannot see jose signing sanchez and throwing him out on the right. Would be a complete waste. I think he will play through the middle. Lingard will drop out of team/interchange with mata

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Anyone with even a basic level of reading comprehension would know what he means, as I suspect, do you.

Calm down. It's obvious what I was doing there.

• Advertisement

Jayop wrote: »
    I'm baaaaaaack

Didn't realise you were gone????? ;)

Via Sports witness.

If it’s up to Rodrigo Sepulveda, a journalist with the Chilean newspaper, it’ll be Manchester United.

In an open letter to the Arsenal player, Sepulveda urges him to sign for Jose Mourinho, explaining why it’s the right choice to make right now.

La Tercera title the article ‘Alexis, go with Mou’, and Sepulveda explains: ‘Leave the passivity and seek the madness. Get out of Wenger’s mind and go for genius. Leave the “professor”, the “economist”, and go for originality. You already went through Pep, he already directed you, now there’s dreams of Jose’s revolution.

‘The Special One can transform you. Superb, presumptuous, insolent, but a tremendous coach. Alexis, go ahead and win.’

The Chilean journalist watched Manchester United’s 3-0 victory over Stoke City on Monday and imagined where Sanchez would fit in, clearly excited by the possibilities on offer for the national hero.

Sepulveda insists Sanchez shouldn’t decide his next destination on money alone, and put forward a strong case for Manchester United: ‘You have Chelsea, Manchester United and Manchester City at your feet. All huge powers and celebrated worldwide. Where should you go? If I were your advisor, I would say: go to United and choose the number 7 shirt. That number that’s been so successful for the Red Devils: Eric Cantona, David Beckham, Cristiano Ronaldo, George Best and Bryan Robson. They’re second in the Premier League, one of the largest teams in the history of world football.

‘City is powerful economically today, but the legend is United.’

Loving the last line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Havn't been able to get here (I post mostly while I'm in work and up the walls) but holy **** did all this Sanchez stuff come about quickly.

I've gone from "haha bull****" to fully convinced he's signing. Crazy. Also got over the issues I had or had in my head and am absolutely hyped at the prospect.

I thought the money being talked was silly, 25m to Arsenal, 5m to Raiola and then Mhiki handed over aswell, but hearing now it's a straight swap deal (wow when does that ever happen) sounds a pretty brilliant piece of old school logical transfer.

Apart from clearly having to wet the beak of Railoa no doubt to make it go through. That cretin should be reminded about the small fortune he got on our behalf last summer and not be acting the bollox tieing anything up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Let me rephrase that...

Whoever's playing centrally feels like the obvious choice as to who'd drop out of the starting XI. At the moment that's Lingard but he could move out and take Mata's place on the right but he may prove to be less effective there.

What I'd really like is for Jose to fit Sanchez into the position where he see's his long term future. With all the talk that we're looking at options for the right then it makes me think Sanchez isn't being bought to take that spot.

On the auld January detox. :)

Lingard on paper is the obvious choice. Don't see how people are giving out about that. He has been brilliant and vital to us but it's the most obvious decision now.

Of his 19 appearances in the league only 10 have been starts. Yes he's been brilliant this season and has played himself into contention but I would agree with the above who think that José will probably alternate with Mata and Lingard.

I imagine there will be some experimentation to see what works best. Obviously with Sanchez, Lingard and Mata you have three players who are all interchangeable now between RW and Central roles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭BenK

Some of the discussion going on in the Arsenal forum about Sanchez is interesting. Apparently he's brainless, huffs and puffs, and any decent defender must love playing against him.

I haven't watched every Arsenal game but his overall stats for them are great, I'd happily have him huffing and puffing for United if he kept them up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Hipster..

Now who's looking for attention.. :rolleyes:

I'd a lovely lunch with Anna today, lots of lols and bantz mostly at your expense Jayo ;)

Anyway folks any word on the Moura thing and anyone think my idea of him coming in to play right back is a possibility?

n5Xp59y.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Lingard on paper is the obvious choice. Don't see how people are giving out about that. He has been brilliant and vital to us but it's the most obvious decision now.

Of his 19 appearances in the league only 10 have been starts. Yes he's been brilliant this season and has played himself into contention but I would agree with the above who think that José will probably alternate with Mata and Lingard.

I imagine there will be some experimentation to see what works best. Obviously with Sanchez, Lingard and Mata you have three players who are all interchangeable now between RW and Central roles.

In the bigger games I’d rather see Pogba as the advanced midfielder.

Herrera Matic

Pogba

Sanchez Martial

Lukaku

Having Lingard and Rashford on the bench gives us great options too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

BenK wrote: »
    Some of the discussion going on in the Arsenal forum about Sanchez is interesting. Apparently he's brainless, huffs and puffs, and any decent defender must love playing against him.

I haven't watched every Arsenal game but his overall stats for them are great, I'd happily have him huffing and puffing for United if he kept them up!

It's standard response stuff when a player thumbs his nose at the club and makes it clear he doesn't want to be there.

Tbf, there are a number of them that are more balanced in their opinions and that it's Wenger and the board that are the major issue.

Their loss will hopefully be our gain.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭BenK

It's standard response stuff when a player thumbs his nose at the club and makes it clear he doesn't want to be there.

Tbf, there are a number of them that are more balanced in their opinions and that it's Wenger and the board that are the major issue.

Their loss will hopefully be our gain.

It's certainly not all of them saying that of course but I don't know how any of them could see Sanchez moving as anything other than a huge loss.

ezgif-5-73c11cbcc9bbjlh.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I always thought Sanchez was at his best for arsenal linking up with Cazorla (had to check was he still at arsenal and discovered he's got a bad injury that's career threatening hopefully he comes back.) and we have our own player who I always thought was similar to Santi in Mata. Watching the Sanchez goals so many of them came from Cazorla.

The only reason I was miffed to be banned was this transfer.

• Advertisement

• pjohnson wrote: »
    I assumed Jayo26 just assimilated Jayop to be the One True Jayo tbh
    Jayop wrote: »
    I'm baaaaaaack

giphy.gif

On the auld January detox. :)

Trying to make space for Swansea at home :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I just cannot see jose signing sanchez and throwing him out on the right. Would be a complete waste. I think he will play through the middle. Lingard will drop out of team/interchange with mata

I was looking up stats for him and RW is where he has played most games for club/country over the course of his career. The stats are very similar to those from LW I'd have no problem if he plays from the RW and expect he will feature there a lot.

Matt Law: Alexis Sanchez has agreed a four-and-a-half-year contract worth £14million after tax to join Manchester United

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Matt Law: Alexis Sanchez has agreed a four-and-a-half-year contract worth £14million after tax to join Manchester United

I would seriously doubt its 14m after tax.. I’d actually put my house on it.. that’s basically 500k a week

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement