Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Thread..The Final Chapter of 17? (MOD WARNINGS IN OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Nothing confirmed but still I found this funny enough :D

https://twitter.com/GentsOfSport/status/953625031548039168

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

astradave wrote: »
    I would seriously doubt its 14m after tax.. I’d actually put my house on it.. that’s basically 500k a week

Which would make him 4th highest paid player in the world. Id say its true. Been said somewhere already about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

bangkok wrote: »
    Which would make him 4th highest paid player in the world. Id say its true. Been said somewhere already about it

Or you could be sensible about it :D

I’d say it’s probably 14m before tax and then bonuses on top. So 14m is 270k a week approx and then image rights and bonus to bring it up to about 300/350k..

Or a signing on bonus that is spread over the whole contract..

Reporting it’s a 4.5 year contract btw

Or you could be sensible about it :D

I’d say it’s probably 14m before tax and then bonuses on top. So 14m is 270k a week approx and then image rights and bonus to bring it up to about 300/350k..

Or a signing on bonus that is spread over the whole contract..

Reporting it’s a 4.5 year contract btw

Its says after tax.. considering we are getting him in a swap for mkhitaryan it could be true

Its says after tax.. considering we are getting him in a swap for mkhitaryan it could be true

We will see when the yearly financials come out from United but I seriously doubt that United are paying any footballer 490k a week salary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,347 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

the sawp for Mkiki is basically immaterial though - from an accountancy perspective it is still money out the door in terms of writing off the value of Miki.

as for the article itself....

Can we trust those numbers at all.

Firstly it claims 14million after tax, and then states that puts the overall value of the deal around 60million (14mill, plus 30mil transfer fee, 10mill agent fee and a signing on fee). So it is saying that it is 14million over 4 years.

If it means 14million over 4 years, after tax that is still 'only' 130k p/w or something like that, which is extremely unlikely.

If it means 14million per year after tax then it is near 500k p/w in terms of what United would be paying, which I just can't believe is the case, but also means the value of the transfer is not around 60million - but around 150million. So calls into question the maths and figures in the article in general.

14million per year before tax is around what, I think, Barney Ronay or whatever the name is was saying the contract was the other day (plus bonuses) - about 270k.

I just can't for a moment believe that United will be commiting 28million+ a season in wages to Sanchez, or 28million over 4 years for that matter (too low)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Matt Law: Alexis Sanchez has agreed a four-and-a-half-year contract worth £14million after tax to join Manchester United
    I would seriously doubt its 14m after tax.. I’d actually put my house on it.. that’s basically 500k a week

I think whats being said is 4 and a half years of which he'll earn 14m after tax

That's 60k a week after tax

if that's true that's a phenomenal deal.... :eek:

Obviously the agents and signing on fee are in addition to it .... (omission in error)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,169 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Jayop wrote: »
    I'm baaaaaaack

I call bullshit. As soon as I reveal the Jayo assimilation theory Jayop mysteriously returns. I dont believe it. I'm onto you Jayo Prime.

#TheTruthIsOutThere

We will see when the yearly financials come out from United but I seriously doubt that United are paying any footballer 490k a week salary

We paid pogbas agent 16m for one deal... im sure considering we are not paying a transfer fee to sanchez that is his salary.

https://twitter.com/beinsports/status/953644684265512960

Also Jackson saying that we could get Sanchez without it being a swap deal if Mkhi baulks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

pjohnson wrote: »
    I call bullshit. As soon as I reveal the Jayo assimilation theory Jayop mysteriously returns. I dont believe it. I'm onto you Jayo Prime.

#TheTruthIsOutThere

You're just butthurt that you're not a Jayo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

https://twitter.com/beinsports/status/953644684265512960

Also Jackson saying that we could get Sanchez without it being a swap deal if Mkhi baulks

Jose and Sanchez?

Jose and Sanchez?

Possibly or in and out

Or maybe we got Ozil as well :pac:

brinty wrote: »
    I think whats being said is 4 and a half years of which he'll earn 14m after tax

That's 60k a week after tax

if that's true that's a phenomenal deal.... :eek:

Obviously the agents and signing on fee are in addition to it .... (omission in error)

60k a week after tax????

U crazy bro

Bebe was probably on that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

60k a week after tax????

U crazy bro

Bebe was probably on that :)

Fergie was on something when he signed bebe

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Our boy Phil, once again in the papers, hasn't given up hope of winning the title.
    "Football's football, never say never," he said. "I remember in my first season we were eight points clear, absolutely cruising, no way we'd let the lead slip and we lost it on the final day.

"Football's football. People can say what they want but we'll continue to be positive and push forward. You never know. It happened in 2012 to us so why not?"

Then was asked about Sanchez.
    "He's a good player," said Jones. "But it doesn't mean to say he's going to come to United. We'll have to see. If someone new comes in the door then obviously it's a positive move for United but it's not up to us, we just do the business on the pitch.

"We just go about what we do best. Keep playing, it's not up to us, it's not down to us. We know just as much as you guys."

Sounds like a bad liar repeating himself above :pac:

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/manchester-united/story/3350693/phil-jones-manchester-united-retain-hope-of-winning-the-premier-league?ex_cid=fw_affid267

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

jayo26 wrote: »
    Trying to make space for Swansea at home :)

Two new watering holes to try over there ;)

Fergie was on something when he signed bebe

Carlos Quiroz recommended bebe, madrid were in for him as well at the time. Think fergie said he was the only player he ever signed that he had never seen play

• Advertisement

pjohnson wrote: »

#TheTruthIsOutThere

See!!!!! Hivemind they are one now!

*cue X-Files music*

Two new watering holes to try over there ;)

Can't wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭piplip87

Should we start a separate thread for all those hat eating videos

piplip87 wrote: »
    Should we start a separate thread for all those hat eating videos

Waste of thread it be empty.

Carlos Quiroz recommended bebe, madrid were in for him as well at the time. Think fergie said he was the only player he ever signed that he had never seen play

We all know it was side payment to Mendes when paying agents were frowned upon in the game. :D

Just thinking of that reporting.. Matt law and Kevin Palmer are the 2 reporting the 500k.. Palmer has **** all sources and Law is a Chelsea reporter. I highly doubt they would have any inside track..

It’s actially clever reporting as they know that the club won’t discredit them as they very rarely if ever release figures of individual wages

• Advertisement

• astradave wrote: »
    Hi Zerks :)

Oh ffs, didn't even get to a second to delete it lol

Hi Zerks :)

Now M!ck assimilated Zerks.......YOU ARE ALL MONSTERS

so we've Jayo26 and jayop; M!Ck^ and zerks; and Futureguy/Future girl all being claimed to be the same person... isn't claiming something like that against charter???

please don't shoot me Mods.... I'm look forward to the hat eating contests....

So i'm guessing the two announcements are we've agreed two newe sponsorship deals for an official barber and toe nail clippers.... whad'ya think about that folks...

M!Ck^ wrote: »

New noodle sponsor

pitch to be re-laid

:)

• Advertisement

so we've Jayo26 and jayop; M!Ck^ and zerks; and Futureguy/Future girl all being claimed to be the same person... isn't claiming something like that against charter???

So i'm guessing the two announcements are we've agreed two newe sponsorship deals for an official barber and toe nail clippers.... whad'ya think about that folks...

You really shouldn’t bring up the charter Brinty ;)

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Manchester United's revenue so booming and continues making a huge profit from 2015/16 despite the last few bad season during LVG and Moye era and grew 32% high on year-year revenue,this doesn't count the last financial year of 2016/17

• Manchester United's revenue so booming and continues making a huge profit from 2015/16 despite the last few bad season during LVG and Moye era and grew 32% high on year-year revenue,this doesn't count the last financial year of 2016/17

Yes, spotted the figures on twitter earlier.
    Credit to Woodie IMO

You really shouldn’t bring up the charter Brinty ;)

:pac:

True story, but I've behaved myself since my return.... I think... really had no option other than to do so

Jaysus. Just havin a laugh. Wont bother

True story, but I've behaved myself since my return.... I think... really had no option other than to do so

You Hartley post anymore that's only reason you behaved :):) ...

Is paddy crerrand on t.v. tonight? He usually can't keep his shi1t so will end up telling everyone.

You Hartley post anymore that's only reason you behaved :):) ...

Is paddy crerrand on t.v. tonight? He usually can't keep his shi1t so will end up telling everyone.

Come join me on the darkside and discuss American football my friend....
    That's where i'm more likely found and I'm in several leagues there so can be getting bans..
    Plus not had much to say about United recently
    I <3 everybody....
    Jose
    The players
    Ed
    Our ladies team
    Heck probably even Bangkok.........

went to far there.... dial it back brinty ;) lets no go totally crazy...

and we're still not signing that bloody Sanchez guy....

Come join me on the darkside and discuss American football my friend....
    That's where i'm more likely found and I'm in several leagues there so can be getting bans..
    Plus not had much to say about United recently
    I <3 everybody....
    Jose
    The players
    Ed
    Our ladies team
    Heck probably even Bangkok.........

went to far there.... dial it back brinty ;) lets no go totally crazy...

and we're still not signing that bloody Sanchez guy....

Even me??

Must be a full moon tonight!!

Those of ye on instagram should have a look at Anders latest story :D

• Advertisement

The last I see is the Rojo one a few days ago but I don't really understand how it works.

The last I see is the Rojo one a few days ago but I don't really understand how it works.

If you touch his profile pic you can see he shared disappearing videos. The last one 50 minutes ago shows a boomerang video of indoor training pitch at carrington and captioned comercial activities.

Not sure What you mean tho astradave?????

Ah I'm looking on the desktop and can't see that stuff.

Ah I'm looking on the desktop and can't see that stuff.

No Instagram on desktop is a no go.

jayo in conversation with jayo....
    how is he doing this.....

teach me oh wise one(s)

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

He's doing a commercial or something.

Have you guys done your ideal line ups with Sanchez included yet??

At the moment on form I'd go with...

DeGea
    Valencia Jones Smalling Shaw
    Matic
    Lingard Pogba
    Martial Lukaku Sanchez

That front 5 look amazing at the moment should Sanchez hit the ground running. So much movement, pace, power, goals and guile.

Long term I just don't know. It's really hard to fit everyone in and as I said earlier I really would love to see Sanchez and Mata combine to see if they can rekindle what Sanchez and Cozorla had a few years ago.

DeGea
    Valencia Jones Bailly Shaw
    Matic Pogba
    Martial Mata Sanchez
    Lukaku

Problem with both is that for games against the likes of City or big European games should we progress I just don't see there being enough cover and we will likely go with a 3 man midfield.

DeGea
    Valencia Jones Bailly Shaw
    Herrera Matic Pogba
    Lingard
    Sanchez
    Lukaku

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,347 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Sanchez in for Mata, playing for the right.

Did it for Barcelona and Udinese. Not impossible for him to do it at United.

Mata has generally been given the freedom to come inside to effect the game so give Sanchez that freedom too.

I think keeping Martial or Rashford on the left and playing Sanchez from the right improves us as an attacking threat more than dropping him in for Martial/Rashford.

coming off the right is where I figured Greizman would have played if we had signed him in the summer. Other option is bringing him in for Lingard and keeping the passing/probing of Mata - might give a better balance.

I saw it reported by James Ducker at the Telegraph earlier this month that Mata's contract extension had been activated...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/01/04/manchester-united-extend-contracts-four-players-12-months/

Then yesterday, Rob Dawson at ESPN came out saying that Mata's extension hasn't been activated yet, and that means he's free to talk to other clubs now if he wants to.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/manchester-united/story/3350301/juan-mata-may-leave-manchester-united-for-free-this-summer-sources

So I'm not quite sure what the craic is. Stephen Howson on Full Time Devils was talking about it last night, and as far as he's concerned Mata's contract extension hasn't been activated yet.

Thoughts?

• Advertisement

Sanchez in for Mata, playing for the right.

Did it for Barcelona and Udinese. Not impossible for him to do it at United.

Mata has generally been given the freedom to come inside to effect the game so give Sanchez that freedom too.

I think keeping Martial or Rashford on the left and playing Sanchez from the right improves us as an attacking threat more than dropping him in for Martial/Rashford.

coming off the right is where I figured Greizman would have played if we had signed him in the summer. Other option is bringing him in for Lingard and keeping the passing/probing of Mata - might give a better balance.

Yeah I always had him pegged as playing on the left or No10 but watching this videa from the Barca season it's all on the right.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement