Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Thread..The Final Chapter of 17? (MOD WARNINGS IN OP)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Surely today is the day?

If not tomorrow is our day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Surely today is the day?

Hopefully. Should be completed by midday tomorrow to be eligible for Burnley game.

Di Maria's first game was also against Burnley away, which ended 0-0 :D

Sanchez is almost 30 now when he turned 29 just a month ago. :o

• Lithium93_ wrote: »
    What's M!Ck^ done now?

Or do I dare even ask?
    M!CK :D:D:D
    Liam O wrote: »
    Am I too late to see what M!CK did? :(

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Paul Hirst with a different take on the wages.. 350k salary plus image rights and bonuses etc article is in the first tweet

https://twitter.com/writtenoff_mufc/status/953893642694995968

He also states in his article that Jose wants Sanchez to make his debut against Burnley

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

I reckon it’ll be announced by tonight. Medical today. Can feel it in me waters.

• Tough game away to Burnley, is this televised?
    Also, can anyone remember if Herrera was on the bench?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,169 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Debut will be at Home to Huddersfield 3rd February if we do get him in time.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Amazing how many journos with little insight into United in a normal week seem to know all about the negotiations between Sanchez and United.

It is like the journos normally at United media events are not allowed post stories about it while they have others put their name to sensational pieces.

DM_7 wrote: »
    Amazing how many journos with little insight into United in a normal week seem to know all about the negotiations between Sanchez and United.

It is like the journos normally at United media events are not allowed post stories about it while they have others put their name to sensational pieces.

Probably afraid of having their press status revoked by United :pac: though that does happen with every club.. the reporters that do be at the press conferences, steer clear of the details articles so it doesn’t discredit them and they can keep their “ITK” status

• Advertisement

Ye are really scrapping the bottom of the barrels with these links lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Arsenal are having a transfer press conference at the moment

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/953912916100644864

Cross admitting he knows nothing about the wages and basically saying the other journos are exaggerating like we know

https://twitter.com/johncrossmirror/status/953911533029003264

jayo26 wrote: »
    Ye are really scrapping the bottom of the barrels with these links lol.

Meh they have close links to Mkhi’s camp.. it seems everything has been coming out from Sanchez side but not much from Mkhi’s so for a bit of equality n all :p

Heard Wenger press:

Sanchez deal might happen, it's likely but until everything is completed it might stop anytime. On Mkhitaryan he said, he likes the player and if transfer happens he will come. Also his wages is not obstacle.

He also said swap could happen.

Wenger: "Sanchez Mkhitaryan COULD happen."

Felt dirty having to sign up to Arsenal.com to watch this conference. :pac:

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Whatever sanchez wages are, he will be the highest paid player in premier league history

Zero hope he'll play against Burnley anyway

bangkok wrote: »
    Whatever sanchez wages are, he will be the highest paid player in premier league history

And the worst signing in the world ever..

pjohnson wrote: »
    Zero hope he'll play against Burnley anyway

If he signs today he will play

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Ah Wenger i always knew i liked you....

“I do not want to comment on the numbers they offer to Sanchez. I respect Man United because they raise the money they pay to players with their own resources. It’s up to them how much they pay.

“United is a club very well managed financially so I don’t have any problem with what they pay.”

• Advertisement

Sounds like riaola is holding up the deals. Prob looking for his big fat chunk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

How do you know this?

If he signs today he will play

Cant see it being done by midday Friday.

Sounds like riaola is holding up the deals. Prob looking for his big fat chunk

Wenger himself said Mkhitaryan's wages are not problem and deal is likely to be completed within next 24 hours.

This blaming agent game is tiresome, they are there to get the best possible deal and club for their clients.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Wenger himself said Mkhitaryan's wages are not problem and deal is likely to be completed within next 24 hours.

This blaming agent game is tiresome, they are there to get the best possible deal and club for their clients.

He means Raoila’s fee not Mhki’s

• Advertisement

astradave wrote: »
    Cross admitting he knows nothing about the wages and basically saying the other journos are exaggerating like we know

https://twitter.com/johncrossmirror/status/953911533029003264

If he saying closer to 400k PLUS bonus and add on's could well be close to the 500k mark

He means Raoila’s fee not Mhki’s

I know. Wenger said deal is likely to be completed within 24 hours which means there is no issues with any agent. It's just media made an agent as villain and everyone starts blaming them when deal is slowed down.

For all we know, the hiccup is w.r.t image rights or some bonuses or anything. It's laughable to blame anyone when we don't know the complete details.

Also if Agent said his commission should be paid, it should be paid. After all he is moving his client to new club.

• yabadabado wrote: »
    How do you this?

It's not the first time bangkok has been asked this type of question!

If he saying closer to 400k PLUS bonus and add on's could well be close to the 500k mark

I’m interpreting it as he is saying it’s 400k and that includes bonuses.. look the point is no one will know.. he is saying the 500k is being exaggerated so why would he then say it’s 500k..

Anyways be happy

We are signing Alexis fûckin Sanchez :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Lol at Wenger. Great dig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/AdamJosephSport/status/953927918454849539

"Manchester City fans are so deeply insecure about MUFC they’ll try to make Alexis Sanchez look like the Chilean Shane Long because Manchester United humiliated them in the process.

It’s like chatting up a girl all night & having some guy swoop in while you’re getting her coat."

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    It's not the first time bangkok has been asked this type of question!

Its fairly obvious he will be the highest paid player going by all the reports

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    I know. Wenger said deal is likely to be completed within 24 hours which means there is no issues with any agent. It's just media made an agent as villain and everyone starts blaming them when deal is slowed down.

For all we know, the hiccup is w.r.t image rights or some bonuses or anything. It's laughable to blame anyone when we don't know the complete details.

Also if Agent said his commission should be paid, it should be paid. After all he is moving his client to new club.

As an agent Raiola has done a brilliant job for himself and gets the most money possible for his players too. You can respect that. But as a football fan I don't see how anyone can like or defend the man.

The man has caused troubles with a number of clubs. I think I posted about him during Pogbas move too. He's an agent who becomes close with the players to the point that he is too influential on them. Convincing them to cause a huff to get their way, such as skipping trainings. From interviews and pieces he also seems to be quite arrogant and temperamental for clubs to deal with.

Previously he was involved with TPO which I think led to him looking to move his players around as much as possible. Lately I think he is still exploiting this but has found a legal loophole. It was mentioned to him after Pogba's deal and he was tip toeing around it in his response even saying he must choose his words carefully not to get the law thrown at him.

The man is a mercenary. I know a lot of agents are but I just have a particular dislike for him. I'm not blaming him for slowing down a deal as we don't know the details yet but I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if it was because of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Wenger says its likely, well laa dee flipping daaaaaa

And you all believe him...

The man who says he never saw Patrick Vieira commit a red card offence... who never saw reason for any of his players to sent off.... who needs to go to specsavers cos he's so delusional.....

What has this thread come to.....

We are not, I repeat we are not signing the sanchez fella...

Don't get sucked in folks...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/MirrorFootball/status/953515666782466048

"Manchester United 'in talks with Barcelona star Aleix Vidal' after growing unhappy at lack of action at Nou Camp."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

"Manchester City fans are so deeply insecure about MUFC they’ll try to make Alexis Sanchez look like the Chilean Shane Long because Manchester United humiliated them in the process.

It’s like chatting up a girl all night & having some guy Maruoane Fellaini swoop in while you’re getting her coat."

Is that second paragraph familiar to anyone.... cough splutter Bangkok splutter cough....

Sorry my son, just couldn't resist

But city and insecure... just wait until they come in and scupper the deal..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

So getting Mkhi off the books saves £140K a week wages too. Very shrewd piece of business tbh, if of course it actually happens.

I had totally lost patience with him. I don't mind players losing form, it happens to them all temporarily but they should at least get the basics right in their play.

He wasn't even doing this, examples are passing to a player 5 feet away without looking and so don't notice the player is already on the move is criminal imo. Two breaks broke down with this laziness against Stoke.

So getting Mkhi off the books saves £140K a week wages too. Very shrewd piece of business tbh, if of course it actually happens.

I had totally lost patience with him. I don't mind players losing form, it happens to them all temporarily but they should at least get the basics right in their play.

He wasn't even doing this, examples are passing to a player 5 feet away without looking and so don't notice the player is already on the move is criminal imo. Two breaks broke down with this laziness against Stoke.

But the wage bill has gone up massively when we sign sanchez. Probably 200k a week plus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

But the wage bill has gone up massively when we sign sanchez. Probably 200k a week plus

But we have added a world class player in the prime of his career.

That's what happens when you go for top level players you pay more for wages???????

Come on mate look at the bigger picture.

jayo26 wrote: »
    That's what happens when you go for top level players you pay more for wages???????

Come on mate look at the bigger picture.

Yes but we are not saving wages.... the wage bill has gone up

• :P Unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

It’s like chatting up a girl all night & having some guy swoop in while you’re getting her coat."

Thats a load of bollox, it was City that walked away from Sanchez due to the prices been asked and not Sanchez who turned them down. United are sloppy seconds. City was his first choice, United his second.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Thats a load of bollox, it was City that walked away from Sanchez due to the prices been asked nadnot Sanchez who turned them down. United are sloppy seconds. City was his first choice, United his second.

"She didn't dump us, we dumped her!"

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Cotts72

https://twitter.com/MirrorFootball/status/953515666782466048

"Manchester United 'in talks with Barcelona star Aleix Vidal' after growing unhappy at lack of action at Nou Camp."

No chance...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement