Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Thread..The Final Chapter of 17? (MOD WARNINGS IN OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,169 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

bangkok wrote: »
    seen this on an Arsenal website today..

The delay in the Mkhitaryan deal? It's because Arsenal always pay agents 7% of the deal, but Raiola likes variable fees, and is demanding a higher percent. This is why Arsenal and Raiola have stopped meeting altogether in the past.

I love Arsenal’s stance on this. I can’t stand people like Raiola. They represent one of the great ills of the game.

Meh. Arsenals stance is probably what will cause this deal to fall apart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

the pogba deal was a joke, Raiola was working for both Juventus and Man Utd, got around 40m out of it. a serious conflict of interest

sick

I am not sure why you constantly harp back to this. If it was a joke it is Juve to blame for that for not wanting to honour contractual arrangements.

Beat a different drum please

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

the pogba deal was a joke, Raiola was working for both Juventus and Man Utd, got around 40m out of it. a serious conflict of interest

sick

He got 40 million or whatever out of it because he owned a percentage of the player basically it wasn't a straight up pay the agent deal he had clause that entitled him to percentage of transfer fee this has been discussed to death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

ianob7 wrote: »
    Not a very frequent poster myself . I believe I did post I'd like Shaw and young though.

I've been critical of Valencia but like anybody else it's only from a final third delivery point of view . Taking this attribute out of the equation and I think he's easily the best RB in the PL

When Young was playing there for a bit his delivery was excellent. It's hard to believe the best right backs at the club at present are converted wingers...

What happened to the Valencia that had all the assists for Rooney those few years back!?

On your last bit, id reckon the squad was stronger on a whole, willing to be corrected on that though. Google not helping me as im lookong for assists etc on his best seasons as people put it compared to now.

No doubt Valencia was poor for a bit and he was judged on his attacking pov but his reaurgence as a RB has been phenomanal imo. Easily best in the league in that position, plays 100% for the badge and a worthy captain.

Only a few years ago i remembet watching a game and his eye got busted up and swollen and looked like ya man from the goonies, he kept playing on though, that instant i thought he was one tough sob

He's cropping up with some nice goals this season as well, and i think his attacking side of things has gotten better. Think i remember reading jose wanted to sign him as a rb when at madrid. Take that with a pinch of salt ofc.

Im happy with him and as one of the old lads left from fergiea reign im delighted he's still playing relatively well he gets picked every week.

As a whole i think in my opinion yhis has beeb his strongest season to date in a united shirt and long may it continue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

jayo26 wrote: »
    He got 40 million or whatever out of it because he owned a percentage of the player basically it wasn't a straight up pay the agent deal he had clause that entitled him to percentage of transfer fee this has been discussed to death.

I thought that 3rd party ownership was banned in 2015?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

What does one have to do with the other in this tangent?

Juve owed him money, Juve didn't want to honour that commitment. Juve ended up having to pay him the money, actually nothing to do with United at all really. It was between Raiola and Juventus.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

pjohnson wrote: »
    Meh. Arsenals stance is probably what will cause this deal to fall apart.

Why should did give in to him though. If thats the way they operate fair play to them.

Just goes to prove raiola is more worried about his pocket than his players

What does one have to do with the other in this tangent?

Juve owed him money, Juve didn't want to honour that commitment. Juve ended up having to pay him the money, actually nothing to do with United at all really. It was between Raiola and Juventus.

He still got somewhere between 16-20m from united paid over the length of pogbas contract

It is that's why it was announced that the transfer was been investigated but United were cleared don't know what happened juve.

Why should did give in to him though. If thats the way they operate fair play to them.

Just goes to prove raiola is more worried about his pocket than his players

Great. Raiola gets no money, and we dont sign Sanchez or offload Mkhitaryan as the deal falls apart. Sounds like everyone wins!

• Advertisement

Great. Raiola gets no money, and we dont sign Sanchez or offload Mkhitaryan as the deal falls apart. Sounds like everyone wins!

Who said no money? He gets 7% from arsenal. United will prob pay the difference to get it over the line

It is that's why it was announced that the transfer was been investigated but United were cleared don't know what happened juve.

Juve were cleared as well. Someone got a brown envelope i would imagine

Juve were cleared as well. Someone got a brown envelope i would imagine

Yeah raiola got a massive one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Yeah raiola got a massive one.

Really? You been hanging round the Jack's in the Emirates again? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Sanchez in the Arsenal squad for tomorrow apparently :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Jose says Carrick to retire at the end of the season, and then join the first team coaching staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

astradave wrote: »

Be silly of him to take part in the game tomorrow especially since it's at the Emirates. He is going to get hounded by the Arsenal fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Jose says Carrick to retire at the end of the season, and then join the first team coaching staff.
    Probably for the best given his heart problems. Hopefully he’ll get at least one more game at Old Trafford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Wenger to sit him on the bench and have him listen to 90 minutes of abuse.

Would be pretty funny, in fairness.

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »

Now theres a player who was under rated. Great to see he is being kept on. One of the most respected players at the club and was brilliant in his prime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

KH25 wrote: »
    Probably for the best given his heart problems. Hopefully he’ll get at least one more game at Old Trafford.

Think he had a corrective op and has been back in full training for the last two weeks. Might get a few games in down the stretch and rest up Matic for some of the bigger games. Some servant to the club to be fair to Carrick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/MirrorFootball/status/954495472940584961

"Sanchez has said his goodbyes at Arsenal and is on his way to Manchester."

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

https://twitter.com/MirrorFootball/status/954495472940584961

"Sanchez has said his goodbyes at Arsenal and is on his way to Manchester."

All aboard the positivity train?

The mail reporting it too.. he was with the squad and has left.. someone crack out flight tracker :D

https://twitter.com/mailsport/status/954497008978595841

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

They have no idea and are guessing, they said today, now its tomorrow

• Advertisement

Hococop wrote: »

Now is actually stil today but tomorrow is tomorrow.

So wait is today now tomorrow?

Or is tomorrow now today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

In the words of stereophonics
    It’s yesterday tomorrow today......

No yesterday is tomorrow which is now today technically

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Yeah but it's not he owned 25% of the player, they had a sell on clause that 25% of the transfer fee is for Pogba camp. They included that when he took Pogba away on free transfer.

So it's a win-win for both Juventus and Pogba camp.

Marca saying Jose turned down the chance to sign Ronaldo at the end of the season and rejected an option for Bale too due to injury concerns.

Marca saying Jose turned down the chance to sign Ronaldo at the end of the season and rejected an option for Bale too due to injury concerns.

Good.. that won’t put the rumours to bed though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Bale has only played 74 games for Real in the last 3 seasons. Sanchez has played 113 games in the same time period.

Even if both players were an option, I'd have Sanchez every day of the week over Bale. He's a much safer bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Jose says Sam johnstone, Andreas Perriera and Tim Fosu Mensah All staying out on loan

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I know I joke about it constantly, about how I'd love Ronnie back...

But I think it's really gone past the window now.

I wouldnt have him up front over Lukaku or Martial, based on a combination of current form and age profile, and Sanchez coming in would be a guaranteed starter too.

For the fee, wages, team balance, etc...that window has shut now.

And thats to say nothing of the disrespect thats been shown every. single. transfer window, using us to get bigger and bigger contracts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Is the match on Irish TV today no?

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Is the match on Irish TV today no?

Nope.. middle eastern/French/Italian/American/Canadian tv is your best bet

• Advertisement

Nope.. middle eastern/French/Italian/American/Canadian tv is your best bet

I've chopper ready to get to Canada.

I believe its on TodayFM radio coverage! I'll probably mute the Canadians and listen to Kerr on Today FM commentary.

I believe its on TodayFM radio coverage! I'll probably mute the Canadians and listen to Kerr on Today FM commentary.

You do know that the Canadians don't do the commentary. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

it's live today on NBC Sports in the US too.

I wonder will Carrick play again for us.

You do know that the Canadians don't do the commentary. ;)

Canadian's usually use NBC from the states who have their own team of Arlo White & Lee Dixon or use the world feed from the Premier League

Ah I'd say at the very worst for him, maybe the last couple of games if second place is already secured.

What a great player he was for us

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Will probably start the last game of the season as captain, if it's a nothing game, and then get subbed off after 20 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Love Brian Kerr calling Valencia, Valentia :D

• Advertisement

Bein sports 11 have it so keys and grey all the way for me nobody does it better.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement