Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Thread..The Final Chapter of 17? (MOD WARNINGS IN OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

sky88 wrote: »
    Lads i dont think we can take custis seriously after this nevermind tge other idiots

https://twitter.com/BigSportGB/status/955051328341934081

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Jaysus the Custis fella has enjoyed his life since I last saw him. Must have put on about 3 stone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Lads i dont think we can take custis seriously after this nevermind tge other idiots

Did you ever take him seriously before? He works for the Sun ffs :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

“Hey you, fat man”

That was aimed at him wasn’t it :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Remember van gaal called him the fat man. Classic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Alexis has arrived at Carrington.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I wish theyd just announced it already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

Those black vans are at least £40k and the driver is probably on £200 a day all in so we’re up to £180,045,200 when you include the medical.

If you allowed for fuel he nearly wouldn’t be worth the money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Oh wow, thats out of nowhere. Thrilled. There'd been talks of him wanting out.

Worth noting that there's stories today that Kepa to Real has fallen through so expect the pesky "DDG to Real" stories to start cropping up again, especially now we've tied Romero down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Another word on Miki, he has carried himself with class throughout. A model pro and someone young players should look to with how to conduct themselves when things are not working out.

Off the field perhaps, but professionalism applies on the field as well and so I'd find it hard to call him a model pro in that regard.

Every player has bad spells, whats important is that they keep chipping away, working hard, concentrating on the basics and getting through it. I didn't see that from Mkhitaryan, he appeared to be a player who went to pot completely and some of his performances were shocking.

You aren't wrong in that he kept his mouth shut publicly, but I don't know that I would want any young players looking to him for what to do when they lose some form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Oh wow, thats out of nowhere. Thrilled. There'd been talks of him wanting out.

Worth noting that there's stories today that Kepa to Real has fallen through so expect the pesky "DDG to Real" stories to start cropping up again, especially now we've tied Romero down.

That tweet is from 2015, no? Am I missing something? :o

Those black vans are at least £40k and the driver is probably on £200 a day all in so we’re up to £180,045,200 when you include the medical.

If you allowed for fuel he nearly wouldn’t be worth the money.

Especially seeing as the driver is Ray Donovan,he doesn't come cheap.

Was about to say. That's the original signing, no??

No, it appears I'm the one who missed something....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

He even looks 3 years younger in that picture like!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,343 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Off the field perhaps, but professionalism applies on the field as well and so I'd find it hard to call him a model pro in that regard.

Every player has bad spells, whats important is that they keep chipping away, working hard, concentrating on the basics and getting through it. I didn't see that from Mkhitaryan, he appeared to be a player who went to pot completely and some of his performances were shocking.

You aren't wrong in that he kept his mouth shut publicly, but I don't know that I would want any young players looking to him for what to do when they lose some form.

He played badly, I think it is very harsh to say that's down to a lack of professionalism or effort.

He was extremely professional throughout his time at United, working his way back in with no moaning last season and Tring to do the same this season. Poor performances weren't down to him not trying. You can argue mental fragility but that isn't a lack of professionalism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,168 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Announcing Romero is a masterful Zerks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Alexis Fcuking Sanchez.

For what it's worth I think Miki will be a different player at Arsenal, Will really suit them.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Announcing Romero is a masterful Zerks

Announcing a deal from 3 years ago s post-Zerksian memeology. We are through the looking glass here people.

Now, go get ozil please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I miss zerks :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Now, go get ozil please.

Agent Alexis is on the case!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,168 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

His spirit remains.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Where's he gone?

Now, go get ozil please.

Arsenal fans might just burn down the stadium if they sold us both within one January window...

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Arsenal fans might just burn down the stadium if they sold us both within one January window...

We already gave them the replacement in Mkhitarayan...

We already gave them the replacement in Mkhitarayan...

Yeah, I don't think they've fulled copped that one yet though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,216 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Yeah that's fair enough, I take your point on the on the field stuff and how you see it, my comment is purely about how he handled himself off the field. No moaning or throwing strops just kept his head down and kept working, he must have done or he wouldn't have played at all.

His on the field performances I don't put down to a lack of effort or professionalism either I would say though. Sometimes it just doesn't work, for various reasons.

I'd actually be apprehensive of buying Dortmund players in the future funnily enough. Miki though didn't excel under klopp either more tunnel in his season which would be more like how Wenger sets his teams up so o wouldn't count him out. Bringing in aubemayang could be a stroke of genius there if it comes off they worked very well together

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Now, go get ozil please.

Swap daily blind for ozil would be another win win for both clubs...... honest.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Swap daily blind for ozil would be another win win for both clubs...... honest.

Wenger would ask for Bailly. He'd get nobody and we'd take Ozil on a free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

Is Ozil on a free this summer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Schwanz wrote: »

Yeah

Wenger would ask for Bailly. He'd get nobody and we'd take Ozil on a free.

He could ask but would be told to get ****ed. Wasn't there a rumour he asked for Shaw in the Sanchez swap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,923 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Sports journalism has changed. In the days of newspapers people would choose who they read because of the quality of the writing. I even bought the Daily Mail because Ian Wooldridge was such a good writer.

Now it's all about click bait. Your editor won't be happy if you express any praise for the most hated team :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,863 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Now, go get ozil please.

Can we have Bale or Griezman instead?

• Advertisement

Discodog wrote: »
    Sports journalism has changed. In the days of newspapers people would choose who they read because of the quality of the writing. I even bought the Daily Mail because Ian Wooldridge was such a good writer.

Now it's all about click bait. Your editor won't be happy if you express any praise for the most hated team :)

Totally agree but also we can choose who we want to read now to a certain extent. I blocked Manchester evening news over the weekend I use to like them over the years but now they are just pure clickbate links.

Is there any forum or blog people like for descent sports news in general? Not just on United but good written articles on all sports?? Or does it exist?

Schwanz wrote: »

Yes but by all means it looks like he is shifting towards staying with arsenal now.

I think Sanchez is the end if any pursuit for a player like bale, griezman or Ronaldo. Next attacking signing will be a player like ozil or, possibly, a central midfielder that frees Pogba to just run where ever he wants

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,863 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

I think Sanchez is the end if any pursuit for a player like bale, griezman or Ronaldo. Next attacking signing will be a player like ozil or, possibly, a central midfielder that frees Pogba to just run where ever he wants

I would see Griezman and Ozil as playing in essentially the same position.:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭xtal191

People take this man seriously?

jLBpcMn.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

He played badly, I think it is very harsh to say that's down to a lack of professionalism or effort.

He was extremely professional throughout his time at United, working his way back in with no moaning last season and Tring to do the same this season. Poor performances weren't down to him not trying. You can argue mental fragility but that isn't a lack of professionalism.

I would stop short of calling it a lack of professionalism, and indeed he must have some level of effort there for Mourinho to keep periodically giving him chances.

But when a player has such obvious capability, but then repeatedly fails to even come anywhere close to performing to that level on the field then you do have to wonder. Which is why I would also stop short of calling him a model pro, I don't think model pro's allow themselves to fall so far in terms of performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

xtal191 wrote: »
    People take this man seriously?

jLBpcMn.png

Always enjoyed his column.

Superb writer imho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Griezmann might be Barca bound. Still can't decide if I'd want Bale or not. Cost a fortune, rarely fit but a good player.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

I know it's still early in the game but Madrid are losing again, I'd say they will spend ridiculous money this summer especially if psg knock them out

• Advertisement

I think the next piece of the jigsaw should be a cm.Matic sitting deep with Pogba left and new cm on the right of a 3 man midfield.

Carrick is gone in the summer and Fellaini most likley going as well.reinforcements needed badly .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement