Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Thread..The Final Chapter of 17? (MOD WARNINGS IN OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

yabadabado wrote: »
    He could ask but would be told to get ****ed. Wasn't there a rumour he asked for Shaw in the Sanchez swap.

Probably bull****, why would Arsenal want Luke Shaw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

:pac: brutal from Valencia

l8NiTDs.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Probably bull****, why would Arsenal want Luke Shaw?

because he would be an upgrade on whats at the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

because he would be an upgrade on whats at the club.

No I’d have Monreal and Kolasinac ahead of Shaw. So would be a pointless signing. Is all hearsay anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Neil Custis is a big United fan obviously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,216 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

No I’d have Monreal and Kolasinac ahead of Shaw. So would be a pointless signing. Is all hearsay anyway.

You would, maybe Wenger wouldn't?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,168 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Shaws job would be to be better than Maitland-Niles, he certainly is that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,216 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Bale with a beauty

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

RobertKK wrote: »
    Neil Custis is a big United fan obviously.

He’s a Newcastle fan as far as I know. Although a lot of what he said in that video made sense and sounds pro Utd, he’s another hack imo who prints what will get clicks. The same with Holt. The personification of tabloid journalism. Holt spouts some awful lazy simplistic stuff on twitter about Utd. To be fair to him he does reply to you when you try to call him out on it, albeit in my case not to address my points but to tell me I had issues. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

If United are after 2 players in the summer, then they should break the bank for Kane and a midfielder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Kane is a 250 million player at this rate.

He’ll go to Spain and score 50 goals a season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Lads, just forget about Kane. If you think they’ll sell him before they move into the new stadium you are deluded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Was there anything said about the 5 minutes injury time in the post match interviews?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Nice to see miki been acknowledge as a world class player now again I remember the days when we overpaid for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I have seen nothing to indicate Kane would have the desire to join us and nothing to indicate we would stump up the £200 million Spurs would want. I honestly think any second spent fantasising about Kane in a United shirt is a waste of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I think the next piece of the jigsaw should be a cm.Matic sitting deep with Pogba left and new cm on the right of a 3 man midfield.

Carrick is gone in the summer and Fellaini most likley going as well.reinforcements needed badly .

Agree - we badly need a CM replacement if only to keep up the numbers, nevermind improve the quality. McTominay may be an option for another back-up to boost numbers there, but definitely one signing is essential I would have thought.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Tbh, while I have no issues with spending large amounts on great players, I'd hate to splunk another 200m on a single player for a position we're already strong in. Much, much rather see that spent on midfield and defense, especially once Sanchez comes in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

jayo26 wrote: »
    Nice to see miki been acknowledge as a world class player now again I remember the days when we overpaid for him.

Ah sure add him to the list of mistakes Jose has made. Nobody will be able to hear the name Mkhitaryan spoken after a good performance without a reminder that Jose mistakenly sold him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

GSPfan wrote: »
    I have seen nothing to indicate Kane would have the desire to join us and nothing to indicate we would stump up the £200 million Spurs would want. I honestly think any second spent fantasising about Kane in a United shirt is a waste of time.

If Fergie was still in charge, he'd already be here.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Tbh, while I have no issues with spending large amounts on great players, I'd hate to splunk another 200m on a single player for a position we're already strong in. Much, much rather see that spent on midfield and defense, especially once Sanchez comes in.

I think we badly need an experienced striker. Would love to sign Vardy tbh as he works his socks off and would always be a threat in the big away games. It would be £40m well spent if we could get him for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Think I’d projectile vomit seeing Vardy in a United jersey.

I think we badly need an experienced striker. Would love to sign Vardy tbh as he works his socks off and would always be a threat in the big away games. It would be £40m well spent if we could get him for that.

No. Would Man City want Vardy? Would Barca/RM? He's the type that ambitionless clubs like Arsenal and Liverpool go after. We have enough deadwood at the club. Sanchez is the bar we should aim for if we're going to be anywhere near back to where we belong.

Lukaku main striker, Martial and Rashford both natural strikers playing wide, Sánchez more than competent as a striker. Still have Zlatan on the books.

No we dont need to spunk out needless money on another one. For the love of god we need to focus on the midfield this summer.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Lukaku main striker, Martial and Rashford both natural strikers playing wide, Sánchez more than competent as a striker. Still have Zlatan on the books.

No we dont need to spunk out needless money on another one. For the love of god we need to focus on the midfield this summer.

I'd like a young player like milinkovic savic for midfield he has bags of energy and strength.

No. Would Man City want Vardy? Would Barca/RM? He's the type that ambitionless clubs like Arsenal and Liverpool go after. We have enough deadwood at the club. Sanchez is the bar we should aim for if we're going to be anywhere near back to where we belong.

Back to where we belong? You mean where Fergie brought us by not buying ready made superstars?

Back to where we belong? You mean where Fergie brought us by not buying ready made superstars?

Vardy v Van Nistelrooy

Vardy v Van Nistelrooy

What’s your point? Are you saying RVN was a superstar before he joined United?

What’s your point? Are you saying RVN was a superstar before he joined United?

Or is he saying Vardy is a superstar now?

Kane would probably cost near 200m. as good a player as he is United don't particularly need him at that price. Problems are back the field imo not up top.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

GSPfan wrote: »

Mate I fantasise about a three some with Mila Kunis and Rachel Riley. It's not going to happen but it's not a waste of time. Kane isn't near that far fetched.

I'd absolutely break the bank for him.

You mean players like Andy Cole,Ferdinand, tried for shearer ronaldinho, signed veron and robin van persie.... it's only been 5 years since he retired surely all he did can't be forgotten and mixed up already.

Fergie spent alot of money buying a lot of stars at United people seem to forget this.

£200m for Kane? Maybe if Levy is drunk as a skunk when we bid. Add another 50-70m on considering its us.

Great to see Spurs balls up today. Puts a nice 8 points and three teams between us dropping out of the top 4. Not having to worry about that will be a relief for a change and will allow us to focus on other things.

Jayop wrote: »
    Mate I fantasise about a three some with Mila Kunis and Rachel Riley. It's not going to happen but it's not a waste of time. Kane isn't near that far fetched.

I see your three some and i raise you a foursome with riley, hayley mcqueen and kate upton. I'm not greedy.

8C8gjEc.gif

• Advertisement

Great to see Spurs balls up today. Puts a nice 8 points and three teams between us dropping out of the top 4. Not having to worry about that will be a relief for a change and will allow us to focus on other things.

I think of we can beat them next week it will put us well out of touch of them but lose and were 5 pints from fifth.

I see your three some and i raise you a foursome with riley, hayley mcqueen and kate upton. I'm not greedy.

I'll console Scarlett Johansson and Puck Moonen

I think of we can bear them next week it will put us well out of touch of them but lose and were 5 pints from fifth.

Aye big time. Fairly important game next week to really create a gap between the top 4 and the rest. Even if Arsenal win they're still miles off.

I think the Kane ship sailed when Lukaku was bought.

Other parts of the starting 11 need addressing. It would be crazy and irresponsible of the club to spend the huge fee on Kane.

adox wrote: »
    I think the Kane ship sa8led when Lukaku was bought.

Other parts of the starting 11 need addressing. It would be crazy and irresponsible of th club to spend the huge fee on Kane.

Why? We've any amount of money. No reason we can't buy Kane and buy other players. Sanchez for next to nothing and Shaws comeback has freed up a lot of funds.

Does anyone think there's a chance of getting anyone else this window? Still over a week left.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'd agree with the sentiment, though I have a feeling Sanchez will be part of that attempt at a solution. I'd imagine he'll be able to cover the striker position if anything happens Lukaku.

Vardy wouldn't be a bench player though and I think thats what we'd need; an older, reliable striker who is happy to be a back up. It's a shame Ibra hasn't worked out in that role this season.

I presume if people think we can't catch City (12 point gap), then we can hopefully say Arsenal can't catch us (11 point gap, and we just took their best player) and Spurs are nearly gone too (8 point gap).

adox wrote: »
    I think the Kane ship sa8led when Lukaku was bought.

Other parts of the starting 11 need addressing. It would be crazy and irresponsible of th club to spend the huge fee on Kane.
    This is spot on.

Money to be spent in CM and full backs first. If Kane was the missing piece then maybe justified but I really don't think Lukaku is a problem.

Why? We've any amount of money. No reason we can't buy Kane and buy other players. Sanchez for next to nothing and Shaws comeback has freed up a lot of funds.

Does anyone think there's a chance of getting anyone else this window? Still over a week left.

I suppose selling Lukaku, Martial & Rashford would probably earn us funds for midfield reinforcements.

I suppose selling Lukaku, Martial & Rashford would probably earn us funds for midfield reinforcements.

Selling pot bloody noodles gives us plenty of cash.

Because a team needs to be built to challenge.
    The midfield badly needs additions, much more than the forward line, especially now with the arrival of Sanchez.
    It would be ludicrous to spend £200 million on another attacker when the starting 11 still doesn’t have the balance or personnel to challenge at ththe moment.

I’ve no doubt Jose is targeting a CM next.

According to Sky Sánchez has left the ground now with his medical done.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

According to Sky Sánchez has left the ground now with his medical done.

Still can't believe we've went after him.

The man will be nearly 40 in 10 years!

I didn’t realize Miki was so old until the opposition fans started pointing out how young he was in comparison to Sanchez.

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Still can't believe we've went after him.

The man will be nearly 40 in 10 years!

Yep, 40 next decade.

WTF Woodward? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Hadn't thought about getting tickets for Wednesday's game now. Based in London so it'd be no bother going and there are still a few tickets available.

Has anyone ever gone to an away game and sat with the home fans and enjoyed it?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement