Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Thread..The Final Chapter of 17? (MOD WARNINGS IN OP)

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

jayo26 wrote: »
    Explain to me cause I'm stupid????

I changed my username when Di Maria joined.

That went well for me.

Although I see he had to come off tonight due to another player sent off. His parting moment saw him diving like he was shot to get a lad booked.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I still can't quite believe we are getting Alexis ****in Sanchez. I know people floated his name a few times over the last month and I was always very dismissive, saying there was no point even considering him. He was an utter dream signing, but one that loooked utterly out of reach and on his way to City.

And yet, here we are. What a brilliant signing. So stunningly happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I still can't quite believe we are getting Alexis ****in Sanchez. I know people floated his name a few times over the last month and I was always very dismissive, saying there was no point even considering him. He was an utter dream signing, but one that loooked utterly out of reach and on his way to City.

And yet, here we are. What a brilliant signing. So stunningly happy.
    He’s not ours yet so hold your horses kid!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

MrMac84 wrote: »
    He’s not ours yet so hold your horses kid!!

Sorry, the horses are loose, and frolicking happily in the fields :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

First Van Persie and now Sanchez. I feel genuinely sorry for Arsenal fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

MagicIRL wrote: »

Just wait til Ozil is taken from them, then they'll be like Ralph in the Simpsons after Lisa breaks his heart :pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

DM_7 wrote: »
    I changed my username when Di Maria joined.

That went well for me.

Although I see he had to come off tonight due to another player sent off. His parting moment saw him diving like he was shot to get a lad booked.

Ah yes it makes sense now haha. so you will be knows as AS_7 soon then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

The number 7 jersey has been a curse since Ronaldo left it, Sanchez is the most exciting signing we’ve had in years for me. A real killer in front of goal, a signing we needed last summer really but I hope we give the CL a good go now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I don't. Even after Sanchez they still owe us for Silvestre and #DizzyWelbz.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

The number 7 jersey has been a curse since Ronaldo left it, Sanchez is the most exciting signing we’ve had in years for me. A real killer in front of goal, a signing we needed last summer really but I hope we give the CL a good go now.

Uh you signed a top 3 midfielder :confused: and then Zlatan who even at his age was a better player than Sanchez is currently
    They were more exciting in every possible way

• Advertisement

Thats blasphemous in the name of Michael Owen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Thanks, however Mkhitaryan and especially Aubameyang should soften the blow. Our problem is our manager, once Wenger is gone then Arsenal can start competing again.

astradave wrote: »

How do these things get out. Drone? Security just taking a pic?

Not exactly Morgan's blood bag but ya know.

Thanks, however Mkhitaryan and especially Aubameyang should soften the blow. Our problem is our manager, once Wenger is gone then Arsenal can start competing again.

Be aware, things can get worse when managers change!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Was Alexis 17
    Then Alexis 7 after Riosicky retired

Thanks. Didn't get this season's shirt but my last two shirts were Schweinsteiger and Mkhitaryan. I could curse the fella and get the No. 7 now :)

How do these things get out. Drone? Security just taking a pic?

Not exactly Morgan's blood bag but ya know.

Looks like a picture of one of the security monitors.

Thanks. Didn't get this season's shirt but my last two shirts were Schweinsteiger and Mkhitaryan. I could curse the fella and get the No. 7 now :)

Two times is enough Jimmy

Get a pool one with vvd please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Be aware, things can get worse when managers change!

Yeah that’s true, however going from Ferguson to Moyes was an obvious mistake looking from the outside. Also when Wenger leaves it won’t be as a league winner, so would be easier to take over from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Who does Sanchez turf out of the team for yous now?

Mata? Lingard?

Yeah that’s true, however going from Ferguson to Moyes was an obvious mistake looking from the outside. Also when Wenger leaves it won’t be as a league winner, so would be easier to take over from.

Won't be easier he is at the club so long but standards and expectations won't be as high.

Kylo Ren wrote: »
    I don't. Even after Sanchez they still owe us for Silvestre and #DizzyWelbz.

They owe us nothing for those players, unless I misunderstand you. If anything, I would have thought we did alright out of unloading those players on them.

Two players who were allowed to leave easily, rather than two players who we desperately tried to hold on to but who chose Arsenal over us.

Silvestre's best days were behind him at United. He was actually at City for a medical when Arsenal swooped in at the last minute to sign him. He was leaving United anyway.

Danny Welbeck. No major loss to us and looking at how things have gone for both he and Arsenal since then - no major gain for them.

We got RVP at his peak and now Sanchez in a similar position. As a United fan I'm quite delighted with the business we've done with Arsenal in recent years.

They got a winding-down Silvestre and an unproven Danny Welbeck, I don't think them or the fans owe us anything. Again, unless I misunderstand your meaning.

Edit: Where's that 'joke going over the head' gif? Send it my way if you see it.

They owe us nothing for those players, unless I misunderstand you. If anything, I would have thought we did alright out of unloading those players on them.

Two players who were allowed to leave easily, rather than two players who we desperately tried to hold on to but who chose Arsenal over us.

Silvestre's best days were behind him at United. He was actually at City for a medical when Arsenal swooped in at the last minute to sign him. He was leaving United anyway.

Danny Welbeck. No major loss to us and looking at how things have gone for both he and Arsenal since then - no major gain for them.

We got RVP at his peak and now Sanchez in a similar position. As a United fan I'm quite delighted with the business we've done with Arsenal in recent years.

They got a winding-down Silvestre and an unproven Danny Welbeck, I don't think them or the fans owe us anything. Again, unless I misunderstand your meaning.

I kinda hope you are now joking

irishman86 wrote: »
    I kinda hope you are now joking

Why and about what?

I said twice that I might be misunderstanding the OP. I'm just curious what Kylo means.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭hogandrew

Memphis scored the winner tonight against PSG. Nice goal too. Didn't he leave with a buy back clause?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Why and about what?

I said twice that I might be misunderstanding the OP. I'm just curious what Kylo means.

It was clearly a joke buddy, like really really obvious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

hogandrew wrote: »
    Memphis scored the winner tonight against PSG. Nice goal too. Didn't he leave with a buy back clause?

i hope not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

jayo26 wrote: »
    Could we have enough jays and daves to have a 5 aside???????? Hmmmmmmmm

I’ll see you’re five a side on the pitch
    Me and my girls got you beat up a stick....

And Dave and jay..... hmmmpppppppp

How...... common :P

It was clearly a joke buddy, like really really obvious

PhFeONI.gif

Edit: Ah jaysus, just rereading with 'joke eyes' now, yep, it was totally obvious. Thankfully i didn't take the sword to Kylo :pac:

• Advertisement

PhFeONI.gif

Ok i think you are defo on a wind up
    You got me :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

Won't be everyone's cup of tea but decent interview with Lingard and Pogba, nothing too interesting content wise but interesting to see what they're like as humans when they're just chilling and having the craic, seem like two decent skins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fpLz5xqtws

Ok i think you are defo on a wind up
    You got me :pac:

Nope, wish I was on the wind-up. I originally thought that Kylo was serious, and responded in kind. When you commented and said it was obvious, I still hadn't copped it and it wasn't too obvious to me. Then I reread Kylo's post, and yep I can clearly see he was joking.

Thanks for pointing it out. Yes, I queried Kylo and took his post seriously, but didn't get up on the high horse while doing it and did concede that I might be missing something.

I'm an eejit, and quite a broken one today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I cannot wait to see Sanchez play for utd.

Thought I'd never see it but fair play to the Wood and co. They saw an opportunity and bang went for it.

Really going to be interesting where he's going to play now. Very very exciting times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Vicxas wrote: »
    Who does Sanchez turf out of the team for yous now?

Mata? Lingard?

All depends on who we're playing. I think in the bigger games Lingard starts ahead of Mata thanks to his work rate and ability to stretch teams on the break with really intelligent runs. Mata will play lots with him though too and I've already said here that I'm dreaming of a Mata Sanchez partnership akin to the Sanchez Corzola at Arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭BenK

Jose's United is really starting to take shape now. Things are certainly going in the right direction which is some relief after the aimless Moyes and LVG days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

BenK wrote: »
    Jose's United is really starting to take shape now. Things are certainly going in the right direction which is some relief after the aimless Moyes and LVG days.

Imagine where we would of been if got the job in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Hopefully they have the wheelchair ramps up to scratch for old man Sanchez, wouldn't want him toppling over and breaking a hip before he has a chance to play for us.

Headshot wrote: »

Seemed like the obvious enough appointment at the time too from what I can remember. Think Fergie's achievements were taken for granted. A little too much hubris at the time. Easy in hindsight but how did Moyes ever get the job!?

Headshot wrote: »

Imagine where he'd be now if he'd gotten the job in the first place :pac:

I hope those rumours of a new contract for Jose from a few days ago are true. He really does seem to be building a team capable of competing for the PL and CL titles once again.

• Advertisement

Hopefully they have the wheelchair ramps up to scratch for old man Sanchez, wouldn't want him toppling over and breaking a hip before he has a chance to play for us.

It's a bit of a joke to be honest, in 6 years time he'll be 35 and his legs will have gone. What are we going to do then? So short sighted...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

BenK wrote: »
    Seemed like the obvious enough appointment at the time too from what I can remember. Think Fergie's achievements were taken for granted. A little too much hubris at the time. Easy in hindsight but how did Moyes ever get the job!?

Because he did a brilliant job at everton for 10 years and other targets were not available at the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

bangkok wrote: »
    Because he did a brilliant job at everton for 10 years and other targets were not available at the time

I would say he did a very good job at Everton, who would have had relatively modest ambitions during his time there.

What he achieved at Everton in no way prepared him for life at United.

I like the guy, I don't want to knock him, just glad we have a manager now who is better suited to the job and the expectations attached.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,167 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

astradave wrote: »

Cant lie I'm looking forward to following his stories and those dogs more closely now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Ah would you crawl up your own hole and smother on your Sh1te Chris Sutton.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5295295/Man-City-acted-admirably-Alexis-Sanchez-transfer-saga.html#ixzz54rXUBdUb

"Manchester City pulled out of signing Alexis Sanchez knowing they are more attractive than United... it's his loss

I admire how City have conducted themselves."

Miki had a good birthday anyway.

https://twitter.com/HenrikhMkh/status/955221583693479938

Got some cake from Pogba and for some reason Robbie Coltrane with Harry Potters glasses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Pogba seems like a guy who just wants to see everyone else be happy! I imagine him as the child who is the first to walk up to the new kid on the school yard and invite him in to his group so the new kid isn't lonely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Ah would you crawl up your own hole and smother on your Sh1te Chris Sutton.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5295295/Man-City-acted-admirably-Alexis-Sanchez-transfer-saga.html#ixzz54rXUBdUb

"Manchester City pulled out of signing Alexis Sanchez knowing they are more attractive than United... it's his loss

I admire how City have conducted themselves."

SAS, (sour as sh1t)

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Miki had a good birthday anyway.

https://twitter.com/HenrikhMkh/status/955221583693479938

Got some cake from Pogba and for some reason Robbie Coltrane with Harry Potters glasses.

Didn't realise he was that age. Auld bast@rd

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement