Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Thread..The Final Chapter of 17? (MOD WARNINGS IN OP)

Comments

• FutureGuy wrote: »
    The announcement everyone was waiting for today.

I’m a dad now. Mini-FG arrived on Friday. Just working on getting Zlatan or Alexis as the middle name.

Congrats & best of luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,343 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

TheDoc wrote: »
    You are somewhat cherry picking there. As he went to outline, United as poison in the big games where Spurs are better viewing.

And Spurs while might not have scored as many goals, are much more enjoyable and operate properly in attack.

I don't think that is really something that is outragous, our attack isn't overly efficent, and we are absolute dirt in the big games.

It was an irritating argument to listen to.

Both arguing from extremes of the debate - I just wanted to interject with 'ITS NOT THAT EFFING SIMPLE'.

United were defensive vs Liverpool - yes.
    Would United fans wish we had given it a real go and attacked them and won? YES.
    United were also SH1T vs Liverpool - we could have set up more attackingly at simply lost cause we couldn't pass the ball AT ALL so every attempt to counter failed within 3 passes. TF was Jose ment to do at that point?

Then there were the irritating reiteration of the 'point' from Holt that we drew the game and are now 12 points behind as if that one draw cost us 10 extra points. INFURIATING. If we don't win the league it won't be because we drew at Anfield. It will be because, for example, we drew AT HOME to burnley having been 2 down. It will be because we lost away to Huddersfield. It will be because we lost at home to City.

So god damned infuriating to listen to that argument and not point our where both were wrong, and where both were right. Ugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,167 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

FutureGuy wrote: »

I’m a dad now. Mini-FG arrived on Friday. Just working on getting Zlatan or Alexis as the middle name.

Congrats!

Nemanja First name I assume.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,343 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

You are not having a baby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Congrats. Good job man, my own little lad is 2 months now. It flies along.. Alex would be your best bet, kill two birds with one stone :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Congrats!

I guess if it was a boy easier for you, getting Dimitar somewhere in my two girls names just wasn't a runner, seemingly it would have been weird, sigh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Congrats!

I guess if it was a boy easier for you, getting Dimitar somewhere in my two girls names just wasn't a runner, seemingly it would have been weird, sigh.

The trick is to start by introducing your kid as your "berby boy/girl" and after enough time people will just start to call it your little berby. Then you progress from there. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

It was an irritating argument to listen to.

Both arguing from extremes of the debate - I just wanted to interject with 'ITS NOT THAT EFFING SIMPLE'.

United were defensive vs Liverpool - yes.
    Would United fans wish we had given it a real go and attacked them and won? YES.
    United were also SH1T vs Liverpool - we could have set up more attackingly at simply lost cause we couldn't pass the ball AT ALL so every attempt to counter failed within 3 passes. TF was Jose ment to do at that point?

Then there were the irritating reiteration of the 'point' from Holt that we drew the game and are now 12 points behind as if that one draw cost us 10 extra points. INFURIATING. If we don't win the league it won't be because we drew at Anfield. It will be because, for example, we drew AT HOME to burnley having been 2 down. It will be because we lost away to Huddersfield. It will be because we lost at home to City.

So god damned infuriating to listen to that argument and not point our where both were wrong, and where both were right. Ugh.

Sunday Suppl now has a set panel rotation where as in years gone by it would get mixed up. The arguements between some of them clearly the reason why.

Holt is of the opinion, as many are, that the performance at Liverpool completely grinded our momentum to a halt, and we then began churning out ropey performances and poor results afterwards where as we looked good beforehand.

I'd side with Holt on that line as opposed to Custis, who is of the opinion Jose was playing a tactical game, that relied on Klopp making an attacking change to then exploit and win. Which I think is one of those handy myths that gets attributed to Mourinho.

Genuinely believing that the issue in that game was Klopp not making an attacking substitution, and there fore ruining out gameplan and being the reason we drew, is one of the most laughable pieces of football analysis I've genuinely ever heard :D

But this is digging up old wounds. I guess I find in the general Sunday Suppliment setting, I never really want to be relying on Neil Custis fighting out corner, based on his bias and method of operation.

• Advertisement

MagicIRL wrote: »
    The trick is to start by introducing your kid as your "berby boy/girl" and after enough time people will just start to call it your little berby. Then you progress from there. :pac:

Got my first born wrapped in a Berbatov 9 jersey for the laugh under her blanket for a couple of nights when she was first home.

Sending it to the misses family, Liverpool stronghold :D

She knows that Liverpool are "icky" which is good enough for me at this stage of her football induction/pressured into supporting United and education :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I'm no redcafe fan but I've followed the Sanchez thread there for updates. The last few pages are amazing. Quotes from bluemoon from the time the news broke we were in for him and then when the realised we're getting him. Hilarious stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Congrats pal that's great news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Congrats sir, great news. Hope mother and baby are doing well and you're not too hung over..

Congrats!

While city fans were trying to get Darius into kids names.

jayo26 wrote: »
    While city fans were trying to get Darius into kids names.

Sven should pick Darius, sven should pick Darius.... to the tune of I predict a riot.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,215 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Me.

I was then corrected and reminded he played of the right in his best season for Barca and for Udinese. While he also had a good season for Arsenal playing centrally as a striker.

I remember now, and embarrassingly I think I was actually the one to correct you :o:o

I thought it may have been someone else.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

I like this picture.

DUJFVuaXkAE9W9W.jpg

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Jayop wrote: »
    I'm no redcafe fan but I've followed the Sanchez thread there for updates. The last few pages are amazing. Quotes from bluemoon from the time the news broke we were in for him and then when the realised we're getting him. Hilarious stuff.

Can you link? I don't really venture in there unless absolutely necessary

So Fergie greeted Sanchez at Old Trafford this morning :D

From red cafe

“City would have had Mike feckin summerby Greet him”

Can you link? I don't really venture in there unless absolutely necessary

It starts at page 3380 of their Sánchez thread, yes blue moon use 10 posts per page ha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

astradave wrote: »
    So Fergie greeted Sanchez at Old Trafford this morning :D

From red cafe

“City would have had Mike feckin summerby Greet him”

Think it's class he does that. Obviously no one is telling him or having him do it ,hes Fergie, but just the fact he is still so engrossed in the club.

That must be a real "**** I definitely made the right choice"

It starts at page 3380 of their Sánchez thread, yes blue moon use 10 posts per page ha

Em....I have 604 pages available to me?

Edit: Found it, I think :)

Em....I have 604 pages available to me?

Edit: Found it, I think :)

I mean it’s page 3380 Of the blue moon thread sorry..

Yeah Doc I agree, imagine having someone of Fergies influence in the game in the backround.. once he doesn’t interfere with the manager I’m all for him taking players on tours and showing them all the trophies he won :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

That blue moon thread is so salty. The same posters never wanted him anyway. Some of my favourites :)

"It'll be to pacify their fan base that they are trying for good players, and if unsuccessful "we made you pay more" line will be rolled out. Yeah right. Mikitarayan in exchange LOL. Why would anyone touch him?! 
    They have to look at who they target.. That winger at Inter, Lucas Moura, these are standard players that they are having to bid in the region of £40m to get. Laughable."

"United linked? Now I'm finally confident this will get done in the next few days. You can date "United put in last ditch bid" all the way back to the David Silva signing. It's the unofficial confirmation for me that it's done."

"Too many flappers on here. Only place he is coming is here. 

Arsenal would rather do business with us than Utd or Liverpool. Both direct rivals for their top 4 challenge. We are miles ahead."

"Now come the reports that it's done and "Manchester United failed in a last ditch attempt to sign Alexis""

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

WTF is with the thread name?

Any chance of changing it or atari meh?

• Heard Sanchez failed the medical
    Made ****e of his back

Ruptured disk from carrying Arsenal :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,167 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

duffman13 wrote: »
    That blue moon thread is so salty. The same posters never wanted him anyway. Some of my favourites :)

"It'll be to pacify their fan base that they are trying for good players, and if unsuccessful "we made you pay more" line will be rolled out. Yeah right. Mikitarayan in exchange LOL. Why would anyone touch him?! 
    They have to look at who they target.. That winger at Inter, Lucas Moura, these are standard players that they are having to bid in the region of £40m to get. Laughable."

"United linked? Now I'm finally confident this will get done in the next few days. You can date "United put in last ditch bid" all the way back to the David Silva signing. It's the unofficial confirmation for me that it's done."

"Too many flappers on here. Only place he is coming is here. 

Arsenal would rather do business with us than Utd or Liverpool. Both direct rivals for their top 4 challenge. We are miles ahead."

"Now come the reports that it's done and "Manchester United failed in a last ditch attempt to sign Alexis""

Moura is at Inter?

Arsenal like doing business with City?

Clichy, Adebayor, Nasri and Sagna got horific receptions when they faced Arsenal.

What narcotics are those lot on.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Moura is at Inter?

Arsenal like doing business with City?

Clichy, Adebayor, Nasri and Sagna got horific receptions when they faced Arsenal.

What narcotics are those lot on.

He means perisic.. so basically perisic,Lucas Moura.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

He means perisic.. so basically perisic,Lucas Moura.

We dodged a bullet there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Congratulations. Knowing you,you probably told the missus "No,you are definitely not having a baby". :)

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Heard Sanchez failed the medical
    Made ****e of his back

Ruptured disk from carrying Arsenal :D

Flip off M!Ck^
    Saying he did his back sure he's an old man must, be nearly 40 by now don't ye know and replaced at Arsenal by that very young Mkhi fella, just recently went 29..... in the prime of his life is the Armenian player!!!!!

You are not having a baby.
    Congratulations. Knowing you,you probably told the missus "No,you are definitely not having a baby". :)

Are you zerks in disguise???????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/955376365951438848

Nearest office is in Liverpool I think

Work permit office in Liverpool'?
    Like having a bacon factory in Riyadh

jayo26 wrote: »
    Are you zerks in disguise???????

Poor Zerks.... the man has become a parody around here
    He's almost as legendary as yerman thanking every post....

paulbok wrote: »

Pictures of them in Liverpool at the Work Permit office.. doesn’t seem to be anyone else around them.. suppose that’s why they chose Liverpool, it was bound to be empty :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Congrats, it's a life changer. It really makes how wound up we get about football pale in comparison, enjoy it.

They don't do much for the first few months bar poo, pee, eat, sleep and cry, all of which my lad has done on me, but I wouldn't change it for love nor money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Congrats, it's a life changer. It really makes how wound up we get about football pale in comparison, enjoy it.

They don't do much for the first few months bar poo, pee, eat, sleep and cry, all of which my lad has done on me, but I wouldn't change it for love nor money.

As long as you don't run out of wet wipes, you can cope with anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

As long as you don't run out of wet wipes, you can cope with anything

Them huring things would bankrupt you, we only use the water wipes, bastarding things.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Interestingly unemployment is considerably higher in Manchester than Liverpool.

For me Sanchez is the best signing in the premier league for a long time. A few players who may or may not be better than him have been signed but they were all younger and required a bit of bedding in. Sanchez is in his prime and has played in the league for nearly 4 years. For immediate impact it's as good a signing as I think was realistically available to anyone in a fair while

To get him on essentially on a free given how much Mhkytaryan was used is a no brainer. You can pay him 600k a week happily given the money saved when you see what similar standard players are going for now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Interestingly unemployment is considerably higher in Manchester than Liverpool.

For me Sanchez is the best signing in the premier league for a long time. A few players who may or may not be better than him have been signed but they were all younger and required a bit of bedding in. Sanchez is in his prime and has played in the league for nearly 4 years. For immediate impact it's as good a signing as I think was realistically available to anyone in a fair while

To get him on essentially on a free given how much Mhkytaryan was used is a no brainer. You can pay him 600k a week happily given the money saved when you see what similar standard players are going for now
    There’s no way his wages are that much! Half that figure and you’ll be in the ball park! Bonus’s are different story tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Pmsl

MrMac84 wrote: »
    There’s no way his wages are that much! Half that figure and you’ll be in the ball park! Bonus’s are different story tho

There was a tweet earlier that showed the mail increasing the figure.. yesterday was 300k this morning was 450k and then 4 hours later it was 600k.. sports football journalism is a disgusting profession..

How the hell have they not announced this yet :D

https://twitter.com/samuelluckhurst/status/955452285152301056

• Advertisement

How the hell have they not announced this yet :D

https://twitter.com/samuelluckhurst/status/955452285152301056

Fair play to the guy outside the door with the United shirt in his hand,deep in enemy territory.

brinty wrote: »
    Flip off M!Ck^
    Saying he did his back sure he's an old man must, be nearly 40 by now don't ye know and replaced at Arsenal by that very young Mkhi fella, just recently went 29..... in the prime of his life is the Armenian player!!!!!

I heard Mikhitryan is on £500 a week, he's playing purely for the love of Arsenal and is the money is just a token gesture while "greedy" Sanchez is on a million a week at United.

i presume sanchez debut will be spurs away at wembley.... cant see him being risked away to Yeovil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Think we need to realise on how much we are saving given the straight swap. Miki still had 3 years left on his contract and google says he was on 200k a week ( not sure how true that is tbh ) thats 30ish mil over 3 years which goes into a better players salary in sanchez, plus more given the reported wage, so its not all that bad.

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Think we need to realise on how much we are saving given the straight swap. Miki still had 3 years left on his contract and google says he was on 200k a week ( not sure how true that is tbh ) thats 30ish mil over 3 years which goes into a better players salary in sanchez, plus more given the reported wage, so its not all that bad.

140k a week

http://www.totalsportek.com/money/manchester-united-player-salaries/

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement