Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Thread..The Final Chapter of 17? (MOD WARNINGS IN OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

bangkok wrote: »
    i presume sanchez debut will be spurs away at wembley.... cant see him being risked away to yeovil

He was bought(swapped) to play football and to win matches, our priority should be to win games. Alexis hasn’t played in the last few weeks so should be played in place of someone that has played a lot of mins lately to get him up to speed with the tactics n the like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Cheers for that,
    Still 21 million saved over 3 years. Sanchez could bring more than that in over the course of his time here.

Tbh I wouldn’t take that as fact, it says Pogba is on 290k for 2017/18 when footyleaks say that he will earn 201-205k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Think we need to realise on how much we are saving given the straight swap. Miki still had 3 years left on his contract and google says he was on 200k a week ( not sure how true that is tbh ) thats 30ish mil over 3 years which goes into a better players salary in sanchez, plus more given the reported wage, so its not all that bad.

Imagine the money that would be spent on a griezman or bale you would be looking at 80 million transfer at least 300k wages over 4 years so if he actually performs to the level he was at past season with arsenal for the next couple of seasons he will be a good deal.

Fair play to the guy outside the door with the United shirt in his hand,deep in enemy territory.

I think that was a pool fan actually he was expecting to see james ward prowse...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

MrMac84 wrote: »
    There’s no way his wages are that much! Half that figure and you’ll be in the ball park! Bonus’s are different story tho

Yeah I had bonuses etc included but was more saying that even if that were the sum all included it can be justified given the value for money on transfers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

astradave wrote: »
    He was bought(swapped) to play football and to win matches, our priority should be to win games. Alexis hasn’t played in the last few weeks so should be played in place of someone that has played a lot of mins lately to get him up to speed with the tactics n the like.

yes but i dont think it will be against Yeovil away unless he is on the bench and comes on near the end... would be like the ronaldo debut v Shamrock rovers, players taking turns to try and injure him

yes but i dont think it will be against Yeovil away unless he is on the bench and comes on near the end... would be like the ronaldo debut v Shamrock rovers, players taking turns to try and injure him

Yeovil will be trying their best to win the match, to risk sending off’s would be silly from their end. It’s a totally different scenario tbh. We will have to agree to disagree on it though

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Better not play any of our good players then, tbh. If you think that's the mindset Yeovil will come out with, we'd better pull Pogba and Martial too, in case they get hurt.

Or, if Sanchez is fit and ready, we can hope the Yeovil players will act like professional adults, and try to play football rather than engage in an MMA fight like children...

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Better not play any of our good players then, tbh. If you think that's the mindset Yeovil will come out with, we'd better pull Pogba and Martial too, in case they get hurt.

Or, if Sanchez is fit and ready, we can hope the Yeovil players will act like professional adults, and try to play football rather than engage in an MMA fight like children...

i wouldnt play pogba or martial either. its Yeovil town we are playing

my team would be

romero

tuanzebe
    lindelof
    rojo
    shaw

mctominay---herrera---fellaini

Young
    rashford
    lingard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

my team would be

tuanzebe
    lindelof
    rojo
    shaw

Good luck to the commentator pronouncing that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

my team would be

romero

tuanzebe
    lindelof
    rojo
    shaw

mctominay---herrera---fellaini

Young
    rashford
    lingard

No players out on loan in the first 11 this time?

No players out on loan in the first 11 this time?

must be great to have never made a mistake in your life

must be great to have never made a mistake in your life

364208e9c9b3a934b29d18035e9121bd--father-ted-comedy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Brace yourselves, it's been announced that the announcement is to be announced in the coming hours.

https://twitter.com/ManUtdStuff/status/955490668515856384
    Alexis Sanchez to Manchester United & Henrikh Mkhitaryan to Arsenal is set to be officially announced by their respective clubs in the coming hours. [pa]

At this rate he will be after making his debut and all before it's announced.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

jayo26 wrote: »
    At this rate he will be after making his debut and all before it's announced.

Still waiting on van Persie's departure to be confirmed.

DM_7 wrote: »

Speaking of which he has returned home to feynoord to finch out his career.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,167 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

DM_7 wrote: »

Zerks will post it soon dont worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!! :D:D:D:D

• Confirmed

**** yes

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Micki to Arsenal confirmed just now as well .

WHAT A SIGNING!!!! :D

cant wait to see him line out in old trafford now in a united jersey

• Advertisement

Goosebumps. Literal goosebumps.

Tangled.gif

Playing Glory Glory on a piano. ****ing awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Scarlett Delighted at the news!

25ff6551ce722c4d60e3babcf42ed7e4.gif

pjohnson wrote: »

Ah yeah you bollox up your first attempt and now fix it so it looks like I zerked it :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I have goosebumps

When is he's first interview

astradave wrote: »
    Ah yeah you bollox up your first attempt and now fix it so it looks like I zerked it :/

I'll delete. Didnt notice your post. Yeah. Cana never embed the duckin things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Decent signing.

Speaking about his transfer, Alexis Sanchez said: “I am thrilled to be joining the biggest club in the world. I have spent three-and-a-half wonderful years at Arsenal and I bring with me very positive memories of that great club and its fans. The chance to play in this historic stadium and to work with Jose Mourinho was something I could not turn down. I am very proud to be the first Chilean player ever to play for United’s first team and I hope I can show our fans all around the world why the club wanted to bring me here.”

Jose Mourinho commented: “Alexis is one of the best attacking players in the world and he will complete our very young and talented group of attacking players. He will bring his ambition, drive and personality, qualities that make a Manchester United player and a player that makes the team stronger and the supporters proud of their club dimension and prestige.

“I would like to wish Henrikh all the success and happiness that I am sure he is going to get. He is a player that we will not forget, especially for his contribution to our Europa League victory.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

What an utterly beautiful sight. I can’t believe we’ve ****ing signed Sanchez.

Alexis

https://twitter.com/TrueRedDevils__/status/955502944501182464
    I am thrilled to be joining the biggest club in the world. I have spent three-and-a-half wonderful years at Arsenal and I bring with me very positive memories of that great club and its fans. The chance to play in this historic stadium and to work with Jose Mourinho was something I could not turn down. I am very proud to be the first Chilean player ever to play for United’s first team and I hope I can show our fans all around the world why the club wanted to bring me here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Forgive my ignorance....

This is a good signing? What will he bring to the team? Is this a kick in the balls for Lukaku or will they play together?

We've spent a lot lately and they haven't really delivered for various reasons.

Haha, City just announced KdB's new contract. How absolutely small time to try and be stealing the spotlight back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Scarlett Delighted at the news!

25ff6551ce722c4d60e3babcf42ed7e4.gif

a gif from a mod... can we all do it....

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Drink it in lads

tenor.gif?itemid=4968995

• Advertisement

Alexis ****in Sanchez

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

You have a new signing. Your next game is 4 days away against a side near the bottom of league two. Then the following game 5 days later is a crunch tie against a league rival.

Why oh why oh why would you pass up the chance to integrate the new signing by playing him in what should be a routine win against the weaker side? Why on earth would you rather his first game with his new teammates be in a crucial match with little room for error against a title rival?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Seeing him in a United Shirt is surreal. Its all kinds of special.

py2006 wrote: »
    Forgive my ignorance....

This is a good signing? What will he bring to the team? Is this a kick in the balls for Lukaku or will they play together?

We've spent a lot lately and they haven't really delivered for various reasons.

He will play in one of the three positions behind lukaku

tenor.gif?itemid=9755967

Drink it in lads

tenor.gif?itemid=4968995

In the words of the man in the gif, GIMME A HELL YEAH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

told ye all along folks it was in the bank didn't i...

what a day...
    We sign Sanchez
    and Future Guy became a dad...

a wonderful day all round folks..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Lithium93_ wrote: »

Theres a smell of Alberto Del Rio cockiness about him, a great self entitlement..... reminds me of Eric

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement