Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Thread..The Final Chapter of 17? (MOD WARNINGS IN OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

When they needed a goal, they brought on Danny Ings...

And put VVD up top to launch beautiful heavy metal Kloppenpasses to

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Heavy metal Kloppenpasses.. love it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Typical Liverpool.

Show up for the big teams, think they're too big for the small teams.

Lovely day.
    Or typical Liverpool

Thrive in open games where their high pressing game works a treat.

Struggle against a well organised disciplined team.

Another case for Jose's tactics at anfield not being the decision that derailed or season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Just want to ask the liverpool supporters would pogba make there team over oxlade chamberlain :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

bangkok wrote: »
    Just want to ask the liverpool supporters would pogba make there team over oxlade chamberlain :)

You better ask over there then.. Sure the won't see it here.

jayo26 wrote: »
    You better ask over there then.. Sure the won't see it here.

Just posted there now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Why is Divock 'better than Martial' Origi on loan. He would have hoovered up the 3 points tonight.

Just posted there now :)

Braver man then me.

Lads not worth getting cards over it's fun to laugh from a distance but it's childish clearly winding up stooping to the level that we have to accept in here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Lads can we stop with the insults, Liverpool may be 4th but when you add in goals scored, multiply it by the kloppenfactor, less Sanchez wages, carry the one..

Their true position is 2nd in the table ahead of us.

Watching the lads on Monday night football and they asking Bilic what it's like for the fans on social media speculating on a managers future when he is doing bad......... nothing at all about sky themselves creating the panic and having a panel of former experts adding to the pressure and dissecting every thing a manager does.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Great to see Sanchez arrive, when the news first broke I thought no chance

Is he the first player to come in since Tevez who can be a real nuisance without the ball as well as a great skill level on it?

Look forward to him playing with Pogba, Lukaku and Martial. Lingard, Mata and Rashford have a big challenge now to make a spot theirs.

I figure that is the end of AG? Although the nature of the swap today should leave a lot of cash on hand for transfer fees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Lads can we stop with the insults, Liverpool may be 4th but when you add in goals scored, multiply it by the kloppenfactor, less Sanchez wages, carry the one..

Do we know how Swansea away is rated in the alternate table?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

That's just ridiculous, they also beat city so they should be first and the season should have ended last week with them being presented with the premier league trophy.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Who does Thanks for the fish support?

• Advertisement

Liverpool......why?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Jayop wrote: »

Himself.

tenor.gif?itemid=6219070

Himself.

I'll say nothing
    Liverpool......why?

Figures cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

Pool I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Media really Sticking to that 500k a week wages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Can I ask why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

You're forgetting the compound interest of moneyball tactics

They're really in 7th place not 4th

Hococop wrote: »
    Media really Sticking to that 500k a week wages

Arsenal lads reckon 600 ha. I think it's 250 plus 100k image rights.

Nalz wrote: »
    Can I ask why?

TBH for the sake of my being allowed to post here I'll not say.

Interesting comment from Sanchez in the interview earlier. "I really like to play down the left, through the middle". Didn't mention the right side at all and ive said it before i dont think jose will play him there.

I think its martial
    sanchez
    mata all behind lukaku

TBH for the sake of my being allowed to post here I'll not say.

Ok no worries I understand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Arsenal lads reckon 600 ha. I think it's 250 plus 100k image rights.
    Guardian saying 25m in fees along with Mhki, 300k a week before bonuses which sounds about right.

They also infer that Ibra is still on his whopper wage.

1400419395950.jpg

• Advertisement

Happiest football day/night in football for a while and united werent even playing today!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

That was funny.

• On a serious note haven't stopped smiling all evening. It's the little things in life like supporting the club you love.
    Things keep steadily getting better.
    Even if you hate Utd you would be foolish not to admit that we are slowly but surely getting back to where we belong.
    That Sanchez signing is another signal of intent.

Absolutely buzzing!

Interesting comment from Sanchez in the interview earlier. "I really like to play down the left, through the middle". Didn't mention the right side at all and ive said it before i dont think jose will play him there.

I think its martial
    sanchez
    mata all behind lukaku

He was talking about himself, his passion, his ambition what he can bring to the team and said about how he loves football, loves to improve, he just loves playing the game etc he likes to play down the left, through the middle, but to tell the truth as long as he is playing football he will fit in anywhere.

Wouldn't read too much into it if I were you, as has been said a lot anyway, whatever his nominal starting position will be he will be free to roam for sure.

brinty wrote: »
    Is it too soon for a busted flush thread...

I mean you havent been banned in nearly 2 weeks.. why not :pac:

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    On a serious note haven't stopped smiling all evening. It's the little things in life like supporting the club you love.
    Things keep steadily getting better.
    Even if you hate Utd you would be foolish not to admit that we are slowly but surely getting back to where we belong.
    That Sanchez signing is another signal of intent.

Absolutely buzzing!

I think what we need to do is start showing it on the pitch. No one can question the clubs desire to get back to the top but we need to turn that into performances.

I think someone said earlier the Sanchez signing is is like having a 5 month head start on the summer he will be settled in and have a summer off but the team should be so hungry for the cups now that's the best chance we have of silverware now.

We need a professional performance Friday night against Yeovil and follow it up against spurs next week in the league the sloppiness from our midfielders like pogba against Burnley has to stop the number one aim is to make sure the goal is scored not waste chances going for glory yourself when team mates are in position.

That's one thing I know Sanchez won't accept he will bollick them out of it for not passing to him if he is in position and he will great chances in return.

• jayo26 wrote: »
    I think what we need to do is start showing it on the pitch. No one can question the clubs desire to get back to the top but we need to turn that into performances.

I think someone said earlier the Sanchez signing is is like having a 5 month head start on the summer he will be settled in and have a summer off but the team should be so hungry for the cups now that's the best chance we have of silverware now.

We need a professional performance Friday night against Yeovil and follow it up against spurs next week in the league the sloppiness from our midfielders like pogba against Burnley has to stop the number one aim is to make sure the goal is scored not waste chances going for glory yourself when team mates are in position.

That's one thing I know Sanchez won't accept he will bollick them out of it for not passing to him if he is in position and he will great chances in return.

Oh I'm with you on that. Again I'm not implying it's the finished article but Jose is slowly but surely piecing the puzzle together.

I'm surprised as you all know he wasn't my first choice.

But as I've said before something is different now that's he is in charge at Utd.

He hasn't just walked into a title winning side, he's had to rebuild after two failed attempts by previous managers and he's doing so.

I also think he's addressing that deficiency in desire and passion that you mention, especially with a signing like Sanchez.

I'm hoping another big name central midfielder is targeted in the summer to add further.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

adox wrote: »
    Ah Jaysus I know it’s childish laughing, especially me being a middle aged man but just saw the Liverpool result :D

What a day!

When they beat city a few of us here told ya not to be getting worried about them. I hope ya learned ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Tbf, nobody can cry when they pop in here when we next lose. Yiz did it to yerselves.

• Advertisement

As an aside, does everyone know there's a feedback thread in AH now where you can give your view without fear of being reprimanded unfairly. Please do so. Probably better to now mention anyone by name.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=105873654

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Tbf, nobody can cry when they pop in here when we next lose. Yiz did it to yerselves.

Anyone seen Niallo449288492

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Oh I'm with you on that. Again I'm not implying it's the finished article but Jose is slowly but surely piecing the puzzle together.

I'm surprised as you all know he wasn't my first choice.

But as I've said before something is different now that's he is in charge at Utd.

He hasn't just walked into a title winning side, he's had to rebuild after two failed attempts by previous managers and he's doing so.

I also think he's addressing that deficiency in desire and passion that you mention, especially with a signing like Sanchez.

I'm hoping another big name central midfielder is targeted in the summer to add further.

I think the difference in the club now is the signings are been made to fix where we were weak.

When van gaal came in yes the squad was not the best but he made weak spots in the squad by the players he let go and replace them with players that didn't fit into any type of system.

Joses job now is to make them gel even stronger be needs to get midfield linking with attack and defense better then we have been doing.

Or when we concede an equaliser at the end, like we did Vs Leicester.

That was "hilarious" apparently, if you read the match thread. It's how you word it, especially if you're a mod, that doesn't post a lot.

"Hilarious" Vs "I'm delighted".

One gets a yellow, one doesn't. I'm not defending either, just pointing it out that it's all in the wording.

The majority of the thread resisted temptations so we can still cry. I blame Bangkok he went marching in first and even planned it on here beforehand.

That was "hilarious" apparently, if you read the match thread. It's how you word it, especially if you're a mod, that doesn't post a lot.

One gets a yellow, one doesn't. I'm not defending either, just pointing it out that it's all in the wording.

SNAP.. I think I know whom you're talking about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Happiest football day/night in football for a while and united werent even playing today!! :)

Says alot about your season so ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

We are never going to lose again.

Calling it now.

Hilarious seems to be a problem word for a certain person. I'd demonstrate but post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Reckon we sort out a royal rumble with the Liverpool thread

No jabs, no hooks, just nuts

BANGKOK your universe has been smashed wide open.

If city are the greatest bestest side to ever walk the 4 corners of earth and Liverpool beat them and THEN Swansea beat Liverpool....does that make Swansea GOD?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement