Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Thread..The Final Chapter of 17? (MOD WARNINGS IN OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Where do you go to appeal a card and complain about a mod that is clearly abusing his or her power?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

BANGKOK your universe has been smashed wide open.

If city are the greatest bestest side to ever walk the 4 corners of earth and Liverpool beat them and THEN Swansea beat Liverpool....does that make Swansea GOD?

No he looks at the bigger picture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Where do you go to appeal a card and complain about a mod that is clearly abusing his or her power?

There's an appeals forum if you want to waste about an hour of your life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Sometimes dispute resolution can be very entertaining. Prison also, if you technically deserved any action you received though it is a waste of your own time.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

My advice to you is to not bother. It's only boards.ie on the internet at the end of the day. Enjoy life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

BANGKOK your universe has been smashed wide open.

If city are the greatest bestest side to ever walk the 4 corners of earth and Liverpool beat them and THEN Swansea beat Liverpool....does that make Swansea GOD?

No, because who beat Swansea?

Thats right, Stoke did. Stoke are GOD.

No, because who beat Swansea?

Thats right, Stoke did. Stoke are GOD.

But we beat Stoke and Swansea so.....

Jayop wrote: »
    There's an appeals forum if you want to waste about an hour of your life.

Amen to that :D

That Scrappy win at the weekend looking even better now. 6 points ahead of the second best team in the league is pretty good for a side of misfits with a past it manager. The less pressure we have from behind the more we can look ahead. Try to close that gap to city as much as possible. Sure we'll never close it on time but let's get as close as humanly possible before the end of the season. We can also look at the champions league with a more open mind to team selections if we're not worrying about what's over our shoulder and in our shadows.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

https://twitter.com/mrstephenhowson/status/955557838599880704

It was reported around 2010 (By goal) that Sanchez dream is to play for ManUtd according to his Chilean teammate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

But we beat Stoke and Swansea so.....

But in the alternative league, their loss to Swansea doesn't count as it happened in a different country. ;)

But in the alternative league, their loss to Swansea doesn't count as it happened in a different country. ;)

Foiled again by those cheeky cheerful scousers.

It doesn't seem that long ago, and it wasn't, when the Players Tribune ran one of their good reads about United's exciting new Armenian, and the future looked promising.

Among the joy of signing Sanchez, I do feel disappointed that Mkhitaryan didn't work out at the club. I didn't really give a fúck about Morgan or Memphis when they took off last January, but Mkhi is a different case.

By his final few appearances, his performances had long grown to be a sight of frustration in the first team. However, he went through a few spells where he showed his pure talent and that will leave me with the feeling of 'What if?' for a while. He was on the verge of becoming an assist and/or goal machine on a few occasions, but he just couldn't translate that into a solid run of consistency despite the chances to do so.

There wasn't a peep out of him while he was being 'man-managed' by Jose last season, and there wasn't a peep out of him while he was being used as a bargaining tool as the club sought his replacement. That kind of discipline is unfortunately in short supply these days with pro-footballers.

I genuinely hope that it works out well for him at Arsenal. Maybe not to the point where he scores an 'Aguerooo' type goal to help Arsenal beat United to the title in the future, but I hope that he makes a better name for himself in the Premier League. Seems like a down-to-earth guy, and should always be welcome in the red parts of Manchester following his contribution to the club's first Europa League win.

Despite current woes and discord between fans and manager, Arsenal are a good club with an actual history of real sustained success in the Premier League. Even if that was 15+ years ago, there are about four clubs who fit into that bracket and going into each new season you just never know with Arsenal; They could challenge for the title.

Anyway, farewell to Mk-hit-a-ryan and thanks for some great memories. I was absolutely tanked on a beach in Spain for that Europa win, and that scorpion kick was just a heart-stopper. Don't care if it was offside, that will never take away from the 'wow' of the moment. At least Mkhi and Giroud will have a good ice-breaker with Who da real Scorpion King?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Meh regarding Mkhitaryan. Never fully took to him due to the simple fact he was hot and cold for us way too often. Put that down to anything you want, I'm not upset or disappointed he's gone. No idea if he's nice guy or not and fair play to him if he is, but means nothing to me especially now. Roll on the rest of the season with our new number 7 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I'd be happy to see Alexis getting 30 minutes on Friday, he hasn't played in a week or two so a quick run out to get rid of the cobwebs before Spurs would do no harm.

What a day, Sanchez signing and Liverpool losing.

That was a class video, class written all over it. Very simple but lots of class. Probably the best video of player signing I have seen, or close second after Pogba.

Very excited to see what he brings to the team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    What a day, Sanchez signing and Liverpool losing.

That was a class video, class written all over it. Very simple but lots of class. Probably the best video of player signing I have seen, or close second after Pogba.

Very excited to see what he brings to the team.

I must be in the minority cos I thought the video was a massive pile of cringe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I must be in the minority cos I thought the video was a massive pile of cringe.

One or two people said the same so your not on your own but personally myself I thought it was really well done. I wouldn't go as far as to Say the video gave me goosebumps but I thought it was just so different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

I mean you havent been banned in nearly 2 weeks.. why not :pac:

hehehehehehe
    I'm too happy after the Sanchez deal to even bother...
    And its almost a year Micks.. but who's counting my friend...

Oh btw Nacho hat

wOsWfzzvlkU.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Says alot about your season so ;)

I was just delighted about sanchez signing. There was no other football on monday that i know about............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Screenshotted for when United have a bad result! :D

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

There’s a thread to question the card if you wish I’ll link you too it?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    There’s a thread to question the card if you wish I’ll link you too it?

Atta boy MrMac84 sir
    Anyways folks happy sanchez day plus one..
    anyone else think we could get the Moura deal done before the window closes??

I'll also admit i'm disappointed that Mkhi is gone but we'll always ahve

ThoroughSpecificBilby-size_restricted.gif

Lads yiz haven’t a hope of winning an appeal on the card.. you can see how they mods in question could see it’s not really a valid discussion point and an attempt at a wind up(not saying it was or wasn’t, just from the mod POV so soon after the match ended)

I still think that there seems to be one rule for superthreads and another for matchthreads when it comes to opposition fans posts, which I asked about previously but my post was ignored..

Imo ye should forget about it and move on and if the same thing happens when United have a bad result report the posts and make a note of them if they are not followed up for the Feedback thread at the end of the year..

On topic: still can’t believe we signed Sanchez! Defo want him to play against Yeovil :D

• Advertisement

brinty wrote: »
    Atta boy MrMac84 sir
    Anyways folks happy sanchez day plus one..
    anyone else think we could get the Moura deal done before the window closes??

I'll also admit i'm disappointed that Mkhi is gone but we'll always ahve

ThoroughSpecificBilby-size_restricted.gif

We dont need moura, we have messi lingard

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Happy Tuesday

Happy Tuesday

Watched it last night, Scout nation have the best compilations

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I forgot he takes free kicks to.

Wonder what he's ratio is like for them. Bound to better than what we have at the moment.

bangkok wrote: »
    We dont need moura, we have messi lingard

TBH i've said this a few times and no one picked it up...

Maybe Jose thinks he could use Moura as a right back ala Valencia.. and Valencia ain't getting any younger so we do need to address the right back position soon...

• Advertisement

astradave wrote: »
    Lads yiz haven’t a hope of winning an appeal on the card.. you can see how they mods in question could see it’s not really a valid discussion point and an attempt at a wind up(not saying it was or wasn’t, just from the mod POV so soon after the match ended)

I still think that there seems to be one rule for superthreads and another for matchthreads when it comes to opposition fans posts, which I asked about previously but my post was ignored..

Imo ye should forget about it and move on and if the same thing happens when United have a bad result report the posts and make a note of them if they are not followed up for the Feedback thread at the end of the year..

On topic: still can’t believe we signed Sanchez! Defo want him to play against Yeovil :D

The problem isn't one rule for match threads and one for super threads, it's one rule for a mods buddies and another for a team he hates.

TBH i've said this a few times and no one picked it up...

Maybe Jose thinks he could use Moura as a right back ala Valencia.. and Valencia ain't getting any younger so we do need to address the right back position soon...

Moura ship has sailed after the sanchez signing. Im happy enough with that, dont think he can offer us something we dont already have

Headshot wrote: »
    I forgot he takes free kicks to.

Wonder what he's ratio is like for them. Bound to better than what we have at the moment.

We have scored a few free kicks this season. Mata zlatan and young have all scored off the top of my head. Sanchez is another great option to have though

Moura ship has sailed after the sanchez signing. Im happy enough with that, dont think he can offer us something we dont already have

speedy right back.... to replace the aging one currently playing.. who's deputy (ashley young) is even older!!

I don't think Moura and sanchez are viewed as being competitors for the same position..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

What a signing to have going into the spurs game. My preference would be martial on the right Sanchez on the left and mata behind Lukaku

speedy right back.... to replace the aging one currently playing.. who's deputy (ashley young) is even older!!

I don't think Moura and sanchez are viewed as being competitors for the same position..

He isnt a right back though. Thats like saying put jesse lingard at right back

He isnt a right back though. Thats like saying put jesse lingard at right back

mate i said i could see Jose doing something like playing Moura as an attacking right back and tried to provoke some discussion.. i know he's not a right back

and Jesse played at right back i LVG first game v Swansea... but you're right he's not a right back

mate i said i could see Jose doing something like playing Moura as an attacking right back and tried to provoke some discussion.. i know he's not a right back

and Jesse played at right back i LVG first game v Swansea... but you're right he's not a right back

Valencia is good defensively though as well, that is the no1 priority, attacking is 2nd. Moura wouldnt have the discipline to play as a defender

The problem isn't one rule for match threads and one for super threads, it's one rule for a mods buddies and another for a team he hates.

Then the help desk is your best bet.

Though personally I believe soccer mods are up there with AH mods in terms of damned if they do and damned if they don’t. This is all just from personal experience and not a slight at you or anyone else btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Maybe Alexis will start taking our corners too!

\o/

Actually, was surprised to hear that we've still scored the most goals from set pieces this season.

• Advertisement

• Me reading the the meltdown thread this morning
    giphy.gif

• Jayop wrote: »

Not a swing at you but some lads need to take a deep breath, it's just a game of ball with some bantz

• Quote Sanchez

Not sure of posted already so could be zerking

"He indicated it is important for the club for me to be here, he told MUTV.

I also believe that the club itself cared about me joining and I got the impression that they were keen for me to come here and wear the number seven shirt. I think that also gets through to the player.

Players sometimes need to feel important and loved by the club. That was one of the things that attracted me to come here, along with the manager, who is a person who won everything in Italy, the same as he did in Spain, and I think he is a manager who likes to win."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Not a swing at you but some lads need to take a deep breath, it's just a game of ball with some bantz

I think the problem was that recently there was a perceived abuse of power,wumming, allowing wumming by certain posters but suddenly mod hats went on when that behaviour was called out.Funny how United are fair game in match threads yet infractions are quick to be handed out if even a tiny percentage of that carry on happens in other teams match threads.

Anyhow,this isn't the place for it...........

Fook em all,a week after "the victory for football",the boom bust balance is restored and we signed Alexis fecking Sanchez.

M!Ck^ wrote: »

When bans and cards are being handed out like sweets towards some people and not others it's hard not to be pissed about it.

Ya I concur they are a few uncardables In the soccer forum who can pretty much say what they want to wind people up.

Back to yesterdays big news the real big news yermandans back thanking posts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Irish guy Mick O’Taryan is confirmized as a Soccer Cannon after his move from the Manchester Unity. Alexi Lalas Sanchez becomes a one of the Soccer Satans as part of the deal. #franchiseenhancementwindow

• Dafuq!

Irish guy Mick O’Taryan is confirmized as a Soccer Cannon after his move from the Manchester Unity. Alexi Lalas Sanchez becomes a one of the Soccer Satans as part of the deal. #franchiseenhancementwindow

Mkhi is confirmed as a gunner(cannon on crest) after his move from United. Sanchez becomes a Red Devil as part of the deal..

Looks like something that spoof American twitter accu would post soccerball guy or whatever his name is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

It's a page on Facebook called usa sports guy, he purposely writes it off

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement