Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Thread..The Final Chapter of 17? (MOD WARNINGS IN OP)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

just so ye know lads in the eyes of the boards mods there’s two sets of rules, one set of rules in regards to how you post in a super thread and another set in the general premier league or match threads. If you see something that breach’s the different rules of each thread then report it and someone will get to it.

To make an example, opposition team loses 1-0, posting “delighted,that has made my night” in a fans superthread will most likely be viewed as baiting/trolling. Posting in a general thread or match thread most likely will not

Hope that clears things up a little bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

MrMac84 wrote: »
    just so ye know lads in the eyes of the boards mods there’s two sets of rules, one set of rules in regards to how you post in a super thread and another set in the general premier league or match threads. If you see something that breach’s the different rules if each thread then report it. For example, opposition team loses 1-0, posting “delighted,that has made my night” in a fans superthread will most likely be viewed as baiting/trolling. Posting in a general thread or match thread most likely will not

Is that in the charter? Can you confirm why there is 2 sets of rules? Surely baiting fans in a match thread or in the general thread is the same as baiting the same fans in the super thread.. they both should be cardable offences..

Also by not having match threads and allowing match talk to be allowed in the super thread therefore the superthread becomes the match thread then those rules should be out the door no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,166 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Thought we'd be happy in the afterglow of the Alexis signing.

Guess I was mistaken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

It doesn't at all because the problem is with one mod carding United fans like it's going out of fashion because he's butt hurt at his team losing and decided to lash out. If Liverpool fans don't make match threads are you saying that United fans aren't allowed to comment in their thread then?

It's a nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

just so ye know lads in the eyes of the boards mods there’s two sets of rules, one set of rules in regards to how you post in a super thread and another set in the general premier league or match threads. If you see something that breach’s the different rules of each thread then report it and someone will get to it.

To make an example, opposition team loses 1-0, posting “delighted,that has made my night” in a fans superthread will most likely be viewed as baiting/trolling. Posting in a general thread or match thread most likely will not

I also dont get this. If I pop over to the Liverpool thread and they are posting about the delight of United losing. I should report these posts in the Liverpool thread?

• Advertisement

Maybe we could have the feedback thread reopened to take this away from this thread and United discussion

wrote:
    They are NOT solely for the fans of that team/league and any suggestion otherwise will not be tolerated.

That's from the updated charter this year and it was even bolded. One of the cards that was handed out last night for the most innocuous post was justified by saying the posters lack of previous posts in that thread were taken into account. That's pretty much exactly contrary to the new charter.

If posters are supposed to abide by these rules shouldn't the mods learn them first before lashing out because they can't take their team being beat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I see Klopp reaction with a Swansea fan is kept under wraps.

Roaring at officials, throwing bottles at people and now this and yet he is still considered a Saint Klopp cause he has lovely fake hair and teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

I see Klopp reaction with a Swansea fan is kept under wraps.

Roaring at officials, throwing bottles at people and now this and yet he is still considered a Saint Klopp cause he has lovely fake hair and teeth.

If Jose did it there'd be a 16 page pull out in the Mirror and he'd be brought before the Hague on war crimes charges.

astradave wrote: »
    Maybe we could have the feedback thread reopened to take this away from this thread and United discussion

This is badly needed. I guess its only an annual thing but moderator actions/inactions and what needs/doesnt need action all seem to be becoming a frequent (and taboo topic(s) to be discussing since such discussion breaks the charter) discussion point. This situation needs a collective discussion.

• Advertisement

• I'm not getting this either. Has it become that strict and everyone is that much of a snowflake you can't laugh at a rival losing now?

It's just Football, relax. I've said this before but have half of these guys been to actual games. Imagine someone pulling faux outrage over enjoying the fact a rival ****ed up? If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen.
    There are worse things going on in life to be getting so worked up over a forum.

• I see Klopp reaction with a Swansea fan is kept under wraps.

It really sheds light on the media agenda driven against Utd & Jose

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    It really sheds light on the media agenda driven against Utd & Jose

Ah it’s ok he apologised on tv to the reporter(instead of to the fans face) :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Sorry to derail this thread further but the state of the thread since last night is bugging me.

Anyone wanting to chat about other teams matches could start a thread for that match or post in the general premier league thread. We all know posting 'ha ha' type comments in a super thread is not going to go down well.

Talking about other teams like we saw here yesterday derailed this thread, it is supposed to be a thread to talk about Man Utd, not for Man Utd fans to talk about whatever they like.

DM_7 wrote: »
    Sorry to derail this thread further but the state of the thread since last night is bugging me.

Anyone wanting to chat about other teams matches could start a thread for that match or post in the general premier league thread. We all know posting 'ha ha' type comments in a super thread is not going to go down well.

Talking about other teams like we saw here yesterday derailed this thread, it is supposed to be a thread to talk about Man Utd, not for Man Utd fans to talk about whatever they like.

Sorry but talking about a rival losing, who would have been up to 3 points behind us if they won, is on topic in my opinion..

Now stump up your fiver and change your name to AS_7

Oh no, Liverpool fans will think we are awful people, what will we do???

it's not like they will make up or exaggerate about our gloating anyway, some of them do same good job of that.

if it upsets them that much well that's their tough **** don't read the thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Tbh I've always seen it as an unwritten rule that what may fly in here would not necessarily fly in the LFC/Arse/City/Whoever superthreads, and vice versa.

The logic behind it imo is that rival fans don't have to read the United thread as it's primarily about United but the thread of their own club is a bit more tightly run when it comes to giving a rub when something goes awry. I've seen rival fans carded for posting gloating / "bantz" in here so what's good for the goose....

Anyway, we have signed Alexis Sanchez.

Who'd have thunk at the start of the transfer window that would have been even close to being a possibility never mind it actually happening.

Brilliant coup for us.

He will earn that £750,000 a week I tell ya.

I just found your comic thread BC! Its good

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Gloating in the misfortune of Liverpool fans is a virtue every UTD fan should engage in at every given opportunity.

It has a very welcome place on this board and on both Liverpool match and super threads imo.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Sorry but talking about a rival losing, who would have been up to 3 points behind us if they won, is on topic in my opinion..

Now stump up your fiver and change your name to AS_7

We both know I am too cheap for another fiver. We also both know a lot of what was posted here was not done purely in the context of a rival missing out on three points.

If someone posted, good result for United, thanks Swansea, then that makes sense. But we also see things like 'oh look at their new 75 million striker' or 'how will this impact the alternate table' and other digs.

I understand the ah boo hoo talk, people should not be snowflakes etc as the digs are nothing in the great scheme of things. If people want to poke fun at other results then off they go but don't wonder about why cards are given out, it is obvious.

Anyway, I won't derail further.

• Advertisement

Gloating in the misfortune of Liverpool fans is a virtue every UTD fan should engage in at every given opportunity.

It has a very welcome place on this board and on both Liverpool match and super threads imo.

Also

Gloating in the misfortune of Man Utd fans is a virtue every Pool fan should engage in at every given opportunity.

It has a very welcome place on their board and on both Utd match and super threads imo.

Hint: it’s the double standards that’s the problem :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Also

Gloating in the misfortune of Man Utd fans is a virtue every Pool fan should engage in at every given opportunity.

It has a very welcome place on their board and on both Utd match and super threads imo.

Of course, if we laugh and attack them at every turn we shouldn't expect anything else in return.

Also

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

ye know I really could care less about this trolling/baiting mods stuff..

learn your lesson people..

if you think you'll get a reaction you better accept you're gonna be carded, warned and/or banned...

Take it from me, I did it, got my ban and accepted it on the chin

Anyways

alexis sanchez is a red, is a red, is a red
    alexis sanchez is a red
    and the reds go marching on.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

brinty wrote: »
    ye know I really could care less about this trolling/baiting mods stuff..

learn your lesson people..

if you think you'll get a reaction you better accept you're gonna be carded, warned and/or banned...

Take it from me, I did it, got my ban and accepted it on the chin

Anyways

alexis sanchez is a red
    and the reds go marching on.....

For the day thats in it....

alexis sanchez is a red
    He hates scousers...

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Lukaku will be a good bench option to throw on for the last 20 mins if things aren't going well. Nice upgrade getting Sanchez in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Won't be long until our next game anyway. Friday night football.
    Bloody Spurs game is midweek, I'll fecking miss it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Can't wait to see Sanchez playing for us.

Next big decision in my life, do I make a move for him in FF?

Lukaku will be a good bench option to throw on for the last 20 mins if things aren't going well. Nice upgrade getting Sanchez in fairness.

Welcome back to the United thread PU :) nice to see you being your usual self.

Sanchez will be playing behind Lukaku, you can bet your house on that

In fairness I thought you were going to do your usual Mata is out the door cause Jose hates him ****e :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

It's 20-18 lads, an entire year of gloating is in order.

bangkok wrote: »
    For the day thats in it....

alexis sanchez is a red
    He hates scousers...

:)

He always hated them, remember when "he was definitely joining them" but didn't want to and went to Arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Yeah, while we are it Pogba will also start from bench. When things are not going well we can throw Lukaku, Pogba, Fellaini all in at once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Hoof it to a £75m striker or hoof it to a £75m defender, that is the question.

Yea its great... a world class squad.

Whats it like bringing danny ings on to try and draw a game v swansea??

Who? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Welcome back to the United thread PU :) nice to see you being your usual self.

Sanchez will be playing behind Lukaku, you can bet your house on that

In fairness I thought you were going to do your usual Mata is out the door cause Jose hates him ****e :D

Cheers

You don't think it would be beneficial to the team to play Sanchez up top?
    I'd rather face Lukaku tbh as an opposition fan, much more fluidity with Martial, Rashford, Lingard etc flanking Sanchez up top, genuinely.

Fking horrendous tbh.

Cheers

I'd rather face Lukaku tbh as an opposition fan, much more fluidity with Martial, Rashford, Lingard etc flanking Sanchez up top, genuinely.

Fking horrendous tbh.

Personally no, I think he is better from wide or even deeper as it allows him the chance to run at the opposition.. he’s only played about 20 games or so in his career up top so I don’t get your point as it has been shown over his career he is a better player from out wide be it left or right ( near identical stats from both sides)

lets drop the mod talk, cards, blame and questioning please lads and keep on topic. We will try to make things a bit clearer ASAP.

Will we see Alexis7 on Friday? I think we will at least get a cameo from him

Cheers

Fking horrendous tbh.

It’s been posted here a few times with stills from Pogba, Mata, Rashford and others, where Lukaku has been in loads of space with a certain 1 v 1 situation only for the player in possession not to pass to him. Our general decision making in the final third hasn’t been up to scratch and if it was I think Rom would have 4/5 more goals and people would think a lot different of him

Woodward deserves huge credit for the sanchez deal. That should keep all the woodward bashers in hiding for a while

• Advertisement

Woodward deserves huge credit for the sanchez deal. That should keep all the woodward bashers in hiding for a while
    never

FYP...
    Woodie will always get bashed no matter what

It’s been posted here a few times with stills from Pogba, Mata, Rashford and others, where Lukaku has been in loads of space with a certain 1 v 1 situation only for the player in possession not to pass to him. Our general decision making in the final third hasn’t been up to scratch and if it was I think Rom would have 4/5 more goals and people would think a lot different of him

Two in the last game alone where he was clean through and pogba and Rashford got greedy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Doubt we will see Sanchez Friday away from home, Spurs will be his game I’d imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Doubt we will see Sanchez Friday away from home, Spurs will be his game I’d imagine.

Surely an easy opponent would be the ideal game to settle him in before a tough away trip to Spurs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

brinty wrote: »
    FYP...
    Woodie will always get bashed no matter what

:) Funnier is that it was liked by bangkok..

Sure bangkok loves me...
    Why wouldn't he like it...
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

I would save Alexis for next Wednesday, no point in risking injury on a shoddy pitch in what should be a routine win IMO. Cant wait to see how we line up, Martial must keep his place. Alexis number 10 with Lingard on the right? Rashford needs a decent rest, would nearly send him on holiday for a week to recharge and come back fresh.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Surely an easy opponent would be the ideal game to settle him in before a tough away trip to Spurs

Hopefully we send a 2nd string team to Yeovil and sanchez is no where near it

Is brinty a woodward basher??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭SteM

Just listening to this weeks BT Sport football writers podcast and 2 of them are saying they're more excited by the Miki to Arsenal move because now he'll be with a manager that will allow him to play attacking football :rolleyes: They reckon that Jose will be worried about Miki going there and doing well for himself.

Some of media really will dig at United whenever they can.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement