Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Thread..The Final Chapter of 17? (MOD WARNINGS IN OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,584 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

When pressed on whether Alexis chose the money...
    Arsene wrote:
    I do not know, I did not see it.

:p

Scrap the cap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

bangkok wrote: »
    Would be a better video if we were 12 clear at the top of the league

Ahh welcome back the real Bangkok. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

jayo26 wrote: »
    At this rate conte will be the miserable one.

Can you imagine the media sh*tstorm if we'd missed out on Alexis Sanchez and then went for Andy Carroll?

Unfortunate that he got injured, I usually don't hope direct opposition signing come off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Would be a better video if we were 12 clear at the top of the league

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

v3ttel wrote: »
    Can you imagine the media sh*tstorm if we'd missed out on Alexis Sanchez and then went for Andy Carroll?

Unfortunate that he got injured, I usually don't hope direct opposition signing come off!

I'd love to see them sing crouch haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I'll probably jinx them now but arsenal have looked decent last few games after pools result against Swansea if they carry this into the league they will be in the fight for fourth hopefully we can stay ahead of all that.
    I'd be livid if we are somehow battling it out with Arsenal come the last day of the season whether that's for 5th, 4th, 3rd or 2nd.

There's no way they should be taking 12 more points than us from the remaining 14 games even talking into consideration the fact that we still have the rest of the big 6 to play.

There seems to be a lot more goodwill coming from ourside then usual I think there fans sound a little salty at moment tho.

Wouldn't blame them, not until they see if Mkhitaryan comes back from the abyss with his performances.

EFL final now, Europa League still on track, they could have reason to cheer by the end of the season yet.

Just because we're gonna win the PL and CL now, doesn't mean that there aren't other spoils for teams to contend for.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    I'd be livid if we are somehow battling it out with Arsenal come the last day of the season whether that's for 5th, 4th, 3rd or 2nd.

There's no way they should be taking 12 more points than us from the remaining 14 games even talking into consideration the fact that we still have the rest of the big 6 to play.

Totally agree and I don't think we will be to be honest. Spurs next week is a big game i think if we take 3 points there I'd think that put us comfortable ahead of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

We were linked with Seri last week,story has popped up again.

https://twitter.com/ed_aarons/status/956237627354730502

Oh and the usual Madrid want De Gea story has popped up. €100 million this time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Oh and the usual Madrid want De Gea story has popped up. €100 million this time.

Best player in the world in that position.

The bidding opens at no less than £150,000,000.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,164 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Havent seen much of him but he seems very good. Could be exactly the type of midfielder we need. According to the mirror he has a release clause of only 35m!

Get it done Ed! This could be our best window in yonks you beauty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Saw mention of the Seri deal and this window on SSN last night. Release clause is 33.5m i believe and City want him too. Get in there ahead of that lot and gazzump them again...

Being honest as a CM he probably has more chance to play with us straight away so if he's making a football decision he should probably look to join us over City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/956430980558020608

Such good memories!! And what an entrance :D :cool: a bit like the Sanchez transfer, I never thought we'd sign him at the time! Delighted we did though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

[url]]

Such good memories!! And what an entrance :D :cool: a bit like the Sanchez transfer, I never thought we'd sign him at the time! Delighted we did though.

Link is dead

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Link is dead

Fixed it. I had too many brackets :rolleyes: :o

• Advertisement

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Link is dead

Give her a yellow card.

Give her a yellow card.

Ah here! I post for the first time in months and you want to ban me?! I ought to report you for that! So :p

:pac:

Admit you're secretly glad you got to see the glorious helicopter again! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Ahh welcome back the real Bangkok. :)

I seen 4 thanks on that post.. i guessed 3 out of 4 correct of who they would be :)

I seen 4 thanks on that post.. i guessed 3 out of 4 correct of who they would be :)

Haha your talents are wasted you should get yourself a little caravan and crystal ball.

Ah here! I post for the first time in months and you want to ban me?! I ought to report you for that! So :p

:pac:

Admit you're secretly glad you got to see the glorious helicopter again! :D

Haha yes it was glorious to reminisce back to the Moyes days.

• Advertisement

Haha yes it was glorious to reminisce back to the Moyes days.

Who?! :D who would've thought when Jose came in that both Mata ď Fellaini would be still here (for now) while Miki would be gone!

I hope Sanchez gets a run out tonight...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,593 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Who?! :D who would've thought when Jose came in that both Mata ď Fellaini would be still here (for now) while Miki would be gone!

I hope not as the match is tomorrow :D

astradave wrote: »
    I hope not as the match is tomorrow :D

I think I should go back to bed! Thought today was Friday :D

brinty wrote: »
    Saw mention of the Seri deal and this window on SSN last night. Release clause is 33.5m i believe and City want him too. Get in there ahead of that lot and gazzump them again...

Being honest as a CM he probably has more chance to play with us straight away so if he's making a football decision he should probably look to join us over City.

It looks as though City are going for, and are close to signing, Fred from Shaktar. So I dunno if they will go for Seri

Well to be honest it's kinda like getting excited over Sanchez I felt the same with Mata and miki so have it in the back of my mind to hold back and see how he settles.

Mata has been great yes but he never really helped push us on to a higher level consistently it's something I hope Sanchez can do.

Well to be honest it's kinda like getting excited over Sanchez I felt the same with Mata and miki so have it in the back of my mind to hold back and see how he settles.

Mata has been great yes but he never really helped push us on to a higher level consistently it's something I hope Sanchez can do.

Sanchez is explosive, neither mata or miki are. Cannot wait to see him line out at old trafford

who was the one you didnt guess

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

I'm extremely excited for Sanchez, no niggling doubts in my mind. He's proven in the league, and has shown his ability to be the difference between winning and losing while showcasing brilliant skill too.

He's an exciting confident player who relishes taking people on and scoring world class goals. He will be a joy to watch.

I'm horrid fond of Arsenal lately :D

Are they turning into our "Southampton"? :pac::pac:

On this day in 1995..............

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

On this day in 1995..............

Never forget....

Really hope Seri comes good. Our two biggest gaps in the squad (partner for Matic and another Winger (altho Sanchez can realistically cover all the attacking positions (right, left, centre, striker) which is a major bonus). We probably cant do shít this season but they'd be fully used to the club for next year and we could push on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Best player in the world in that position.

The bidding opens at no less than £150,000,000.
    Given that he's only got 18 months left on his contract we might not be in the strongest position. He could start talking to Madrid about going for free on 12 months time.

Wouldn't be surprised if we get Sanchez-ed in the near future. Although Martial is the player I'd be most worried about.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Is there not issues with Seri and some recurring injury that gets worse in cold weather? Thats whats constantly said when he gets brought up on Rddit. That he has some joint issues that would be an issue if he played in a colder climate like England.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Is there not issues with Seri and some recurring injury that gets worse in cold weather? Thats whats constantly said when he gets brought up on Rddit. That he has some joint issues that would be an issue if he played in a colder climate like England.

That answers the question of a cold wet Tuesday night in Stoke then.

I know he has missed a few games in patches this season, so I went on transfermarkt to check his injury history and it’s blank :pac:

Just noticed hes African aswell. I thought he was French. Thats annoying.

pjohnson wrote: »

Ah shíte. That post does read bad haha.

I mean with that stupid mid season African Cup yoke. We'd be without him and Bailly for Christmas period every 2nd year.

Like be remarkably annoying if Seri did become a regular for us. To loose half the spine at the busiest time of year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Why? The afcon is in the summer now, not mid season like before.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Why? The afcon is in the summer now, not mid season like before.

Wha? When did that happen? Did Mané not derail Liverpool last year around Christmas when he went to it? Or was he just injured and I assumed he went to AFCON?

Wha? When did that happen? Did Mané not derail Liverpool last year around Christmas when he went to it? Or was he just injured and I assumed he went to AFCON?

From 2019 :D

From 2019 :D

So I'm just slow. Not insane or racist. I can accept that!

disregard my concern and

s-l300.jpg

Unless Lord TSC is right and Seri's joints doesn't function well in the cold in which point he would still miss Christmas anyway.

https://twitter.com/samuelluckhurst/status/956453841687388160

Sam Luckhurst..

"City have had two bids rejected for Fred, whose camp is encouraging United to make a move #mufc #mcfc "

Will we end up with 2 Fred the Reds???

https://twitter.com/samuelluckhurst/status/956453841687388160

Sam Luckhurst..

"City have had two bids rejected for Fred, whose camp is encouraging United to make a move #mufc #mcfc "

Will we end up with 2 Fred the Reds???

Ha looks like he wants the United move going by that.. imagine stealing a march on city again :D

• Advertisement

Ha looks like he wants the United move going by that.. imagine stealing a march on city again :D

Money Vs The Project. ;)

I hear we are offering him a billion pounds a week. ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Here's Seri's quote I mentioned earlier...

When it’s cold I need special treatment. I don’t see myself playing in a country where it’s cold. I hurt everywhere and I struggle to train (sic)

Sanchez is explosive, neither mata or miki are. Cannot wait to see him line out at old trafford

I don't say he wasn't explosive? What do you be reading at all.

When it’s cold I need special treatment. I don’t see myself playing in a country where it’s cold. I hurt everywhere and I struggle to train (sic)

Had a google there with that quote, he has Chilblains( which is a reaction to cold weather) and ingrown toenails..

Chilblains: Chilblains are small, itchy swellings on the skin that occur as a reaction to cold temperatures.
    They most often affect the body's extremities, such as the toes, fingers, heels, ears and nose.
    Chilblains can be uncomfortable, but rarely cause any permanent damage. They normally heal within a few weeks if further exposure to the cold is avoided.

Red lights everywhere.... move on quickly

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement