Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Thread..The Final Chapter of 17? (MOD WARNINGS IN OP)

Comments

Eric Cantona in the Olympia in October,tickets on sale 29 January.

Last album was shíte, he better do some of the early stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Last album was shíte, he better do some of the early stuff.

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

The one about the seagulls. Classic!

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting.

Maybe a 'Flock of Seagulls' cover thrown in too.

Anyway, gonna try to add some actual value to the thread here, bear with me...

♫♫Everybody was Kung Fu fighting, de de de de de, de, de, de, de♫♫

*Good damn it Cantona's Collar, that's stuck in my head now!*

Ah yes, good ol' Mata. Here he is playing fußball with Bill Gates while he represents his One Goal initiative at the Davos Forum...

G'wan Juan, go and get that Bono money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Miguel Delaney saying Real are going for Neymar and will have a clear out to find the move.
    Maybe the splurge of crazy money will change their mind about trying to get De Gea as we'll just quote them a crazy fee and take the old fax machine out of storage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Maybe a 'Flock of Seagulls' cover thrown in too.

Anyway, gonna try to add some actual value to the thread here, bear with me...

♫♫Everybody was Kung Fu fighting, de de de de de, de, de, de, de♫♫

*Good damn it Cantona's Collar, that's stuck in my head now!*

Ah yes, good ol' Mata. Here he is playing fußball with Bill Gates while he represents his One Goal initiative at the Davos Forum...

G'wan Juan, go and get that Bono money.

That mata 1% of his salary is a brilliant idea, pity only a few footballers have signed up to it.

Something else that bugs me, not one single footballer has said anything about the slaves being used to build the stadiums in qatar. Its a disgrace whats going on there right now

Miguel Delaney saying Real are going for Neymar and will have a clear out to find the move.
    Maybe the splurge of crazy money will change their mind about trying to get De Gea as we'll just quote them a crazy fee and take the old fax machine out of storage.

Can see ronaldo going to psg with neymar going to madrid

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

bangkok wrote: »
    Can see ronaldo going to psg with neymar going to madrid

Exactly this. Ronnie can move to France and keep his goalscoring ratio up for another year or two this way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Have things gone mad sour for Neymar?

I genuinely can't believe things aren't all rosey for him....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I actually think de gea is happy here now. He has a year and bit on his contract and an option for a further year so summer is plenty time to be worrying about contract.

• Advertisement

TheDoc wrote: »

There seems to have been some conflicts with the fans, in terms of Neymar wanting things built around him, and the fans being more than happy to see it built around Cavaini instead, or even just focus on the overall team.

Meanwhile, there's always been rumblings he really wanted to go to Real, but it was PSG who were willing to activate his clause, and Barca wouldn't want to sell to Real. PSG look to have been a bit of a middle man, a bit like we were for DiMaria.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

His attitude in france is hes doing them a favour just being there
    Compared to Zlatan who was adored by the fans
    His attitude towards his team mates is well disgusting, he wouldnt give Cavani a penalty the last day which would have had him becoming PSG's record scorer because he wanted a forth goal
    I used to really like Neymar but in the last 2/3 seasons ive totally gone off him
    His attitude is horrible

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Lord TSC wrote: »
    There seems to have been some conflicts with the fans, in terms of Neymar wanting things built around him, and the fans being more than happy to see it built around Cavaini instead, or even just focus on the overall team.

Meanwhile, there's always been rumblings he really wanted to go to Real, but it was PSG who were willing to activate his clause, and Barca wouldn't want to sell to Real. PSG look to have been a bit of a middle man, a bit like we were for DiMaria.

Very much middle men. He couldn't go directly and Florentino Perez and PSG owner Al-Keilaifi are close friends with shared business interests. I'd say moving Neymar on to Madrid was pacted between them for some time once he'd had a season at PSG and a go at winning the CL.

With Cristiano never popular and on the wane performance wise it's perfect timing to bring in a new Galactico in Neymar and start a new cycle at Madrid.

Jose signs new utd contract

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Yeah just breaking on SSN now.

Cannot say I noticed immediately though as I was distracted by how well Natalie is looking in her dress :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

bangkok wrote: »
    Jose signs new utd contract

Not bad for a broken toilet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Lord TSC wrote: »

hah be such a joke if he goes to Real Madrid

Delighted with the Jose news the club needs stability and got it at last I'm sure a few players will be doing the same too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

hah be such a joke if he goes to Real Madrid

I dont see him going there while Cristiano is around
    Unlike other posters i dont see him going there soon, if Bale can sort out his issues he can match Neymar in every way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

What a great week it has been for the club. Delighted Jose has gotten the contract. De Gea next pleeeeeeeeeeease

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Wonder if the media will turn this into a dig at Conte seeing as the reports on Sky Sports saying Chelsea are unhappy with him having digs at their transfer policy :D

https://twitter.com/manutd/status/956574925615255553

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

It's just 1 year extension.

Probably getting a pay rise.

Utterly thrilled.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    It's just 1 year extension.

Probably getting a pay rise.

1+1 so essentially a two year contract if he is doing a good job, it’s win win in fairness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

astradave wrote: »
    1+1 so essentially a two year contract if he is doing a good job, it’s win win in fairness

They already had the option of extending to 2020. So just an extra year.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    They already had the option of extending to 2020. So just an extra year.

I didn’t think they did have an option.. it was a 3 year contract initially IIRC,

Edit: see that there was an option there appologies.. still a good extension. The way managers leave clubs it’s good deal by the club itself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,418 ✭✭✭secman

On Mourinho extending his contract, have to agree that it adds stability to the club and its definitely attracting better quality players to the club and a major plus holding on to David DeGea hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Cannot say I noticed immediately though as I was distracted by how well Natalie is looking in her dress :eek:

Now now castletownman, a statement like that is only as good as the accompanying photos or link to said photos.

secman wrote: »
    On Mourinho extending his contract, have to agree that it adds stability to the club and its definitely attracting better quality players to the club and a major plus holding on to David DeGea hopefully.

Who are you and what have you done with the real Secman :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,418 ✭✭✭secman

astradave wrote: »
    Who are you and what have you done with the real Secman :D

Going soft in my old age.... mellowing.... hopefully Mou can take a leaf out of my book :)

• Yeah just breaking on SSN now.

Pics or GTFO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

#ThePrivilegedOne

:D

When you look at it it's a great move from the club. It points to bed the speculation of him and club not been happy but it also doesn't give him a super long contract like moyes has. At the end of this season he will have another two years that's healthy for a manager and probably keep it topped up season by season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

totally thrilled with the jose news,people moaning about him not long ago it is clear the club is moving in the right direction under his management and this ads more stability,delighted :D:D

Ask and you shall receive (admitedly poor enough quality pics taken from the phone).

Particularly love the eyes closed in the second pic.

Simply lovleh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Double fail.

They must be resized down to nothing or are my eyes completely gone???

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Execute he who did not provide photo evidence of Natalie Sawyer looking fine on Sky Sports News :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

So Jose gets an extension and conte will leave / get pushed in the summer.

Even though Jose leaves clubs in tatters after being there 3 years or less.

Im very confused Ted.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

So Jose gets an extension and conte will leave / get pushed in the summer.

Even though Jose leaves clubs in tatters after being there 3 years or less.

Im very confused Ted.

:confused:

To the media, Jose = BAD, every other manager = Can do no wrong.

Personally delighted José's staying on.

• Advertisement

Who was it that was convinced Jose wanted to go to pay and would leave the club before August?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

jayo26 wrote: »
    Who was it that was convinced Jose wanted to go to pay and would leave the club before August?

I believe that was Bangkok, who frequently went on about Jose "flirting" with PSG. You could ask him about it but I would get the goalposts chained down first.

Can't we just be happy with the news lads, do we have to string up someone?

Stoopid memory storage on my phone preventing me from uploading a pic and thus making me look stupid.

Last time I'll attempt to fuel ye're perverted ways lads ;)

• Ive been following the team on Twitter / Instagram for a while now

I can't remember the morale being so high as it is now

Its great to see

https://twitter.com/utdxtra/status/956506344852516864

I believe that was Bangkok, who frequently went on about Jose "flirting" with PSG. You could ask him about it but I would get the goalposts chained down first.

No I don't think it was Bangkok I'm not 100 percent but think it was a part time poster.

Can't we just be happy with the news lads, do we have to string up someone?

No ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,858 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I can't remember the moral being so high as it is now

All to do with Giggsy leaving the club.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Jose got a significant extension with Real Madrid - within about half a year he left Madrid.
    Jose got a significant extension at Chelsea - within about half year later he Chelsea.

These days extensions only mean the person who signed them get's more money if they are sacked earlier. Or, the club get's more money if the player is bought early. That's pretty much it sadly.

Pep, Jose, Klopp, De Bruyne, De Gea, whomever, signing extensions means absolutely nothing for their protracted tenure at a club. Many clubs merely use extensions, particularly player ones, as a means to bump up the overall sale value of the player. If there is a release clause in operation this is even more vitally important.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement