Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Thread..The Final Chapter of 17? (MOD WARNINGS IN OP)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Sanchez defo doesnt get a assist for the first goal :pac:
    Come on guys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

adox wrote: »
    Poor form from them.

It was hilariously petty and small of them to boo Sanchez from the second the whistle blew, simply for having the audacity to transfer to us and make his debut against them. 'Twas patethic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I see Martin Keown is an avid poster on the Arsenal thread

Mars Bar wrote: »
    2 assists I think

No that was just United fans getting a little excited :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

This sums it up well

shelbyville-sour.gif?w=806

• irishman86 wrote: »
    No that was just United fans getting a little excited :pac:

When he was definitely heavily involved in the first goal all be it not a direct assist

The second was a clear assist

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    When he was definitely heavily involved in the first goal all be it not a direct assist

The second was a clear assist

Cant argue with that buddy, i honestly didnt watch the second half so i dont know if the second one was :o
    But the first one not a chance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Lord TSC wrote: »
    It was hilariously petty and small of them to boo Sanchez from the second the whistle blew, simply for having the audacity to transfer to us and make his debut against them. 'Twas patethic.

Thats only fans having a bit of craic... like ronaldo getting a great reception when he came back to old trafford before the game and first touch of the ball he gets all the crowd boo him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

astradave wrote: »
    I see Martin Keown is an avid poster on the Arsenal thread

Sanchez gave the ball away.
    #sackhim
    #league2player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Great to see young Gomes get a run out tonight as well, big future ahead of him id say.
    McTominey was pretty sound in the middle also, got forward when he could as well. Even though Herrera got the goal i thought he was above him tonight.
    Glad Carrick is over that health scare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The S*n saying that Juventus want Darmian on loan with an option to buy and Jose is willing to let him leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Sometimes, when you go to a smaller side in the FA cup the team you're up against really endear you toward them. Like the fans are sound, players and management seem decent and in the future you'll root for them and hope they succeed and do well.

Yeovil were far from that for me. I see that tweet as just pettiness. Some bad fouls during the game. Raising ticket prices and I see from twitter they had a special chant for Mou.

No time for them after that.

The S*n saying that Juventus want Darmian on loan with an option to buy and Jose is willing to let him leave.

Let him go, he's the forgotten man in this squad. He wont be getting enough games to be hitting form. Not a dig at him, and it's hard to come into a starting 11 without really playing to cement a place.
    If it would help with sandro who we are reportedly chasing then can only be positive

Sometimes, when you go to a smaller side in the FA cup the team you're up against really endear you toward them. Like the fans are sound, players and management seem decent and in the future you'll root for them and hope they succeed and do well.

Yeovil were far from that for me. I see that tweet as just pettiness. Some bad fouls during the game. Raising ticket prices and I see from twitter they had a special chant for Mou.

Thought their manager conducted himself well tbf. 21 surgeries to get through and to managing a footballing side in a league (doesn't look good for them though) He seemed to be excitied by the challenge against jose.
    I didnt know Ferguson brought a team down to play in his testimonial, another class act by fergie

Darmian is simply not needed. Hes argubaly 4th choice right (Valencia, Young & Lindelöf) & left back (Young, Shaw & Blind).

Rojo was poor enough again. Injury seems to have left him devoid of the consistency he used to have.

Carrick is ridiculous. Apparently 97% (39/40) pass accuracy on that bobbly moon surface pitch. If it wasn't for the health problem I'd nearly be happy for him to be a player-coach next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Let Pjanic come in the opposite direction.

yabadabado wrote: »

Imagine the free kicks aroind the opposition box, pogba, sanchez and pjanic all wantong a piece :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Lets nip this in the bud now,

Its Gomes.

Angel Gomes.

Not Angle Gomes, not Angel Gomez

Angel
    Gomes.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Bayern could be selling Thiago with Goretzka headed to Munich.
    Would rather see him in a red shirt than a light blue one in Manchester.

bangkok wrote: »
    Thats only fans having a bit of craic... like ronaldo getting a great reception when he came back to old trafford before the game and first touch of the ball he gets all the crowd boo him.

Yeah, was just like that..........cept it being nothing like that at all.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

If that happened Jose really is just trolling Pep
    Thiago is the definition of a Pep player and one of the most stupid moves by Barca to let him go

Bit of a sicknote no?

I seem to remember him missing a lot of time over the last few seasons, he is a decent squad option for Bayern when fit, Goretzka wouldn't really change that. Vidal is on his way out of there in the summer one would think, back to Italy maybe.

If he could be relied upon fitness wise he would be a good addition of course, not one I would be up in a heap over though.

Just did a goggle, he is actually not even due back from his latest injury until March! Been out since November.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Between Yeovil Twitter account or Arsenal fans I don't know which is worse they both must love to be bitter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I've heard of Googling someone, but Goggling, that's a new one :pac:

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I've heard of Googling someone, but Goggling, that's a new one :pac:

That a new player? Must be good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

ix9nq86ixhc01.jpg

What a bastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭MuPpItJoCkEy

Have to say, this apparent rise of Lingard reminds me an aweful lot of Darren Fletcher. For years Fletcher fustrated me so much and I only seen him as a championship player as I didn't think any team in the prem would take him if he'd been offered Fergie stuck by him and he eventually came good. Different players come good at different ages and for the pair of the players I've mentioned, it's been in their later years. Late bloomers.

Now with Lingard, it's a question of seeing whether he can continue this form and build on it. I certainly hope he does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Julez

Have to say, this apparent rise of Lingard reminds me an aweful lot of Darren Fletcher. For years Fletcher fustrated me so much and I only seen him as a championship player as I didn't think any team in the prem would take him if he'd been offered Fergie stuck by him and he eventually came good. Different players come good at different ages and for the pair of the players I've mentioned, it's been in their later years. Late bloomers.

Now with Lingard, it's a question of seeing whether he can continue this form and build on it. I certainly hope he does.

Posted: 02-01-2018, 11:50
    Julez wrote: »
    Lingard reminds me of Darren Fletcher, always gave his all for United, but (initially) never looked the part. Then turned a corner and became a really great player. Hopefully Lingard keeps going at this level. Seems to have a really good attitude.

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,584 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

No, even now. When you look at the time Moyes and Van Gaal were given, and both the support and lack of interference afforded Mourniho its clear that United still run on a different culture to Madrid or Chelsea.

A couple of days old post, but this ^^^^^

United are different. Utd are not afraid to stand up to a star player causing trouble, whether it's Best, McGrath, Whiteside, Beckham, even Keane. No player can even begin to think themselves as bigger than the club. Throw your all in or GTF out. There is no room for lazy self centred types like Di Maria.

The Glazers may be money grabbing ****s but at least they don't interfere in the running of the club.

It may be wishful thinking on my part but Jose has not only (before coming here) expressed a strong desire to manage Utd, he also expressed a desire to stay a long time at a club. This is the job he coveted when SAF retired, he didn't get it, he has it now and he is the first Utd manager to win a major trophy in his first season. One the club has never won before. He won't be happy until he wins the league, and we won't be either, but teams are starting to figure out how to combat C**y's tactics and if it wasn't for the cushion they've built up already, would they be the favourites? United are going to be very competitive next season. And in the poker game of transfers it's hilarious that we made C**y fold.

Scrap the cap!

Agreed, Yeovil were petty small time knuts but the media will still fawn over them in their match reports. The idea of league 2 strugglers fans complaining that any PL player is 'a waste of money' is both ridiculous and hilarious at the same time. He let his football do the talking, two assists and MOTM.

They quickly forgot the kindness SAF showed to their manager. Feck them.

Scrap the cap!

yabadabado wrote: »

No Pjanic buys thanks very much :pac:

Haven't we had enough of their useless castoffs already? I don't want Utd to spend money on another semi-mobile gimp.

Scrap the cap!

Agree 100% and id put Park Ji Sung in that bracket. I used to ask why the **** is he playing but as the games/seasons went on he was instrumental. Guy workked his boots off chasing everything, never ending stanima. Brilliant player for the club

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

jayo26 wrote: »
    Between Yeovil Twitter account or Arsenal fans I don't know which is worse they both must love to be bitter.

Couldn't believe few thought he was poor, maybe that's what you see when you have lemons in your eyes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Couldn't believe few thought he was poor, maybe that's what you see when you have lemons in your eyes.

In fairness, he did have some horrid passes early on. There were a few misplaced passes, and not risky ones that just didn't come off but simple enough ones that went to no one, or cross field passes that left the target short.

BUT that was in his first game after, what, one or two days of training with the squad? And he still got two assists, and could have had a few more.

That second assist was from such a similar position as ones we have seen players in this season, only to hoof it wide of blast it into a defender. It was great to see a player, on his debut, not think "I'm having this myself" but rather "I'm setting this up on a plate for someone else."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

A lot of every sensitive souls in here, let Yeovil have their moment and bit of fun, you won't here about them again for a while.

Imagine supporting them, its easy to slate them when youre a supporter of one of the biggest clubs in the world.

A lot of every sensitive souls in here, let Yeovil have their moment and bit of fun, you won't here about them again for a while.

Imagine supporting them, its easy to slate them when youre a supporter of one of the biggest clubs in the world.

I’m a bohs fan, does that mean I’m allowed to slate them? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

astradave wrote: »
    I’m a bohs fan, does that mean I’m allowed to slate them? :)

You can slate whoever you like!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Lord TSC wrote: »
    In fairness, he did have some horrid passes early on. There were a few misplaced passes, and not risky ones that just didn't come off but simple enough ones that went to no one, or cross field passes that left the target short.

BUT that was in his first game after, what, one or two days of training with the squad? And he still got two assists, and could have had a few more.

That second assist was from such a similar position as ones we have seen players in this season, only to hoof it wide of blast it into a defender. It was great to see a player, on his debut, not think "I'm having this myself" but rather "I'm setting this up on a plate for someone else."

Yeah he put the ball into stands few times but still he was creating so many chances. The way he was playing the passes was class, also he was involved so much in game it was great to watch.

• Advertisement

Attackers need to take risks to create opportunities, when taking risks they will lose the ball the majority of the time be it being cut out, blocked, or an incomplete pass. It’s the ones that get thru that are important. If he takes 20 of those in a match and 4/5 of them create opportunities to score we will be happy.. it’s the same with Pogba and his thru balls..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,418 ✭✭✭secman

Seriously, anyone who thinks Sanchez was poor last night is either a BS artist or in need of stronger glasses, the only way he could have topped his excellent performance was scoring. He is a fantastic signing,we don't have a player like him, he will score many and will create many more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

The utter, utter saltiness of some a number of the Arse fans ---> over there ---> and the likes of Captain Caveman himself is an absolute joy to behold.

I can't get enough of it.

Im also convinced that Wenger is actually trolling them now aswell.

The utter, utter saltiness of some a number of the Arse fans ---> over there ---> and the likes of Captain Caveman himself is an absolute joy to behold.

I can't get enough of it.

Im also convinced that Wenger is actually trolling them now aswell.

Yep there even making fights for the sake if it.

Alexis seems genuinely delighted

26993910_1995226287404814_443217235224794315_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoiYiJ9&oh=75c58021cb5b9023b42badda8c3f6555&oe=5ADBF682

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

pjohnson wrote: »

26993910_1995226287404814_443217235224794315_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoiYiJ9&oh=75c58021cb5b9023b42badda8c3f6555&oe=5ADBF682

He's playing alongside Messi Lingard, he should be :)

What a lot of people don't know is how highly rated Fletch was a youngster, before the days when people were claiming he must be Fergies love child to still be at the club. As a youth player he was superb, he looked set for huge things in his career until he was injured. That set his development back so far he never reached the potential he did show (imo) and he took until his mid twenties to really find his groove.

That in itself was nothing unusual though tbh in the old days of football, the likes of Rooney/Ronaldo/Owen etc were the exception rather than the rule in terms of catching fire at a young age.

Fergie maintained of Lingard that he would not be fully developed till he was around 25, a little patience was going to be needed with him and he is now showing that tbh. His intelligence and movement was never in doubt, he has always had the ability to be a regular first team player for the club but he never had the consistency and he lacked the decision making in the final third.

It is brilliant to see that from a player who has been at the club since he was a kid, (think he was 7 or 8 when he joined) truly does make it feel special, Angel Gomes has been at United since he was 6 years old. If he can go on to stake a claim in the first team it would be even more special in this day and age. One of things I love about the club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

pjohnson wrote: »

I'd be delighted too picking up £100k a day.

• Advertisement

Carrick was good last night too, you take everything into account including his time out, and the level of opposition (even though they did harry and press) and he was very good I thought. Be nice if he was there as an option for the second half of the season. A cool head to get on the ball and pass it about would be great for keeping them settled toward the end of games where we have looked raggy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement