Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Thread..The Final Chapter of 17? (MOD WARNINGS IN OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I'd be delighted too picking up £100k a day.

Not to mention that 100k appearance bonus, and the 250k assist bonus. He also picked up the 50k come off early and still get MOTM bonus.

Good week for him

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Carrick was good last night too, you take everything into account including his time out, and the level of opposition (even though they did harry and press) and he was very good I thought. Be nice if he was there as an option for the second half of the season. A cool head to get on the ball and pass it about would be great for keeping them settled toward the end of games where we have looked raggy.

He's an ideal sub to close out a game and just hold onto the ball a bit. Great to have him back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

20180127_112550.jpg

#bantz

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Are Rai Sports anyway reliable? Linking us with jorginho today and that his reps are travelling to Manchester for talks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Are Rai Sports anyway reliable? Linking us with jorginho today and that his reps are travelling to Manchester for talks

Hope so, he’s a cracking player.. won’t be playing in the World Cup either :D

Looking at the report it seems that they are saying the agents were already in Manchester about a summer move.. they reporter doesn’t seem well followed on Twitter or anything and seems to be based in Milan which is at the other end of the country, so probably wouldn’t have a huge link to Napoli

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Lets nip this in the bud now,

Its Gomes.

Angel Gomes.

Not Angle Gomes, not Angel Gomez

Angel
    Gomes.

U ok hun? Theathre of Dreamz haz another little angle!!!

I wonder has Mourinho lost the "doesn't develop youngsters" tag yet or will that be yet another myth that will follow him around for eternity?

Since he arrived Rashford and Martial have been constants in the team, Lingard has come on leaps and bounds, McTominay is getting good gametime when possible, and even the likes of Tuanzebe get mentioned frequently and shown to be very firmly in the managers thoughts. Hell, even with Shaw he shows that the door is never closed on players he doesn't like, work hard and you can fight for a place again.

No, he doesn't just throw in all the reserve team like Van Gaal did, they have to be quality first, but I would say that its pretty damn clear that Mourinho is far more open to youth development than any of his current peers. Damn sure Conte or Pep have no intention of doing anything but buying their next top players.

I wonder has Mourinho lost the "doesn't develop youngsters" tag yet or will that be yet another myth that will follow him around for eternity?

Since he arrived Rashford and Martial have been constants in the team, Lingard has come on leaps and bounds, McTominay is getting good gametime when possible, and even the likes of Tuanzebe get mentioned frequently and shown to be very firmly in the managers thoughts. Hell, even with Shaw he shows that the door is never closed on players he doesn't like, work hard and you can fight for a place again.

No, he doesn't just throw in all the reserve team like Van Gaal did, they have to be quality first, but I would say that its pretty damn clear that Mourinho is far more open to youth development than any of his current peers. Damn sure Conte or Pep have no intention of doing anything but buying their next top players.

I think United have all the tools for him to show what kind of a manager he wants to be. People judge him on Chelsea and Madrid but they are two of the worst clubs to judge a manager on they have minimal input.

Sure it's been a bit if a rocky road for him at United but it's generally been all good he has a 63 percent win rate after 100 game that's a pretty good record.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Charlie Nicholas bitter about Sanchez on Soccer Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Lucas Hood wrote: »

Doze lemons. The more bitter the bigger my smile.

• Advertisement

Lucas Hood wrote: »

I have a feeling he will get nothing only negative talk because of whatever his wages are ment to be. I can see the booing at Yeovil last night been picked up at other away games.

U ok hun? Theathre of Dreamz haz another little angle!!!

xoxox

All gud bbz

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

jayo26 wrote: »
    I have a feeling he will get nothing only negative talk because of whatever his wages are ment to be. I can see the booing at Yeovil last night been picked up at other away games.

Let them boo away. The best players love that and it makes them play even better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Doze lemons. The more bitter the bigger my smile.

As my granddad used to say...." When life gives you lemons, go out and get the best footballer money can buy"....probably.

bangkok wrote: »
    Let them boo away. The best players love that and it makes them play even better

I'm in shock a little but I absolutely agree 100%

Sanchez is a competitor, he will absolutely thrive off the ire of the opposition fans. Bring on the boos

I'm in shock a little but I absolutely agree 100%

Sanchez is a competitor, he will absolutely thrive off the ire of the opposition fans. Bring on the boos

Totally so will the rest of the team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

20180127_112550.jpg

#bantz

That’s excellent !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Noel Gallagher said on Soccer Am he doesn’t think city will win the quadruple , (Champions League being the only one they won’t win), because they didn’t get Sanchez.

Just on Sanchez, I thought that last night he was disjointed, off the pace, poor passing at times and clearly not up to synch with everybody else. And I loved every bit of it.

Its clear he is going to give us the two things we needed, he will run with the ball past defenders and away from defenders, and he will give incisive key passes in the right areas.

It was clear that he acts like a senior player in a team, out looking to influence the game and take responsibilty, and it was also clear that the other players treat him as a senior player and will follow his lead. Mata for example, I saw signs last night of him looking to Sanchez and trying to work with him. For a team that is often lacking in character that is important, we need influtential players in there.

No it wasn't a great performance, but the intangibles were there and it really bodes well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

astradave wrote: »
    I’ve to go to ikea :( hopefully be back before half time

Ment to say last night, if ye havnt gotten a high chair yet, the ones in Ikea are the biz, we got one for €11 and the insert pad for another €6 or €7. I know your little one is too young for being in one yet but you won't find the need coming round.

#dadlyfe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

I'm sticking with Angel Gnomes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Ankle Gombies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Angle gonorrhea....perhaps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Ment to say last night, if ye havnt gotten a high chair yet, the ones in Ikea are the biz, we got one for €11 and the insert pad for another €6 or €7. I know your little one is too young for being in one yet but you won't find the need coming round.

#dadlyfe

I'm in IKEA now, I'm a broken man. Trying to keep kids and grumpy oh from driving me completely demented. My next job is figuring out how to fit all the stuff in the jeep. The family might need to get the bus home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I'm in IKEA now, I'm a broken man. Trying to keep kids and grumpy oh from driving me completely demented. My next job is figuring out how to fit all the stuff in the jeep. The family might need to get the bus home.

I've only ever been there twice with herself and we damn near killed eachother, it's horrendous.

The last time I went myself, knew what I needed, asked one of the staff to show me where it was and I was one the way home in 30 minutes.

Ikea, it's not for couples.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Spurs not having the ideal game before us on Wednesday - possible draw with Newport

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

75m lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Kane has hit 30 goals now this season he will need to be shut off on Wednesday.

Jayop wrote: »
    75m lol

Harsh he has 17 goals and 10 assists this season I love lukaku.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Jesus, what happened in those 20 minutes :O

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

https://twitter.com/utdxtra/status/957343669182443522
    See Virgil van Dijk is settling in well at Liverpool. That’s 3 games, 4 goals conceded and 0 clean sheets. £75m.

Ah lads I dont like the var at all this is cack the holdup give us a good argument any day the week.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I like the theory of video replays, but I've been watching five minutes and four of them have been the ref pausing the game to get replays...

North Korea had nothing on this place. Was told last week that you can't say the word hilarious in the Liverpool Thread but can in a general or match thread yet I'm having posts deleted in the FA cup thread.

North Korea had nothing on this place. Was told last week that you can't say the word hilarious in the Liverpool Thread but can in a general or match thread yet I'm having posts deleted in the FA cup thread.

I don't know where the rightful place to discuss anything is so I'm just sticking to here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

If West Brom could get a draw from this it would be great. Let the fixtures pile up for Spurs and Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

With VAR still being in trial mode I’m sure it will move to being quicker and better. in fairness in this game it got both decisions correct even if Salah made a meal of the Peno fall

Maybe try using the word amusing and confuse them. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Or just dont talk about them. Only way to be safe

Get in!!!

• Advertisement

It's enjoyable lads but seriously to many delays.

Crikey above

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Its new technology that will take time to iron out the kinks

At the end of the day, I rather the right decision than a delay in the game

VAR should be like the rugby. This is abysmal.

In fairness I was chatting to the mod by pm and it was a mistake. He thought the post I made was in the super sensitive thread.

VAR is a joke lads and will be if the ref chickens out and goes to it every time the players surround him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

pjohnson wrote: »
    VAR should be like the rugby. This is abysmal.

make it like american football. You get two per game, if both are correct you get rewarded with a third, if not take away a substitution

5 minutes and 20 seconds of stoppage in first half for var decisions.

5 minutes and 20 seconds of stoppage in first half for var decisions.

We’re the pool fans booing the scoreboard or VAR

brinty wrote: »
    We’re the pool fans booing the scoreboard or VAR

I bet they can't wait to get their new 75 million pound defender in.. the defence is a shambles.

I bet they can't wait to get their new 75 million pound defender in.. the defence is a shambles.

Seems coaching more than personnel could be the issue.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement